rushmc

Obama and His Swiss Banker

I did - she died shortly after her 18th birthday in an auto accident.

Sorry to hear that.

So you're claiming UBS gave his son the job to help his dad's self-esteem? That's an even lamer attempt to distract than your norm.

Nope.

Saying that it is not unlikely that UBS helped the Perry family hoping that would land them a job that could generate millions in fees.

Also said many times that I really don't see too much wrong with that, done many different times in many different forms in the business world.

This will be the last on this subject for me. Your partisanship does not allow you to see anything outside of those lines, so most discussion with you are as useless as tits on a nun.

I did - she died shortly after her 18th birthday in an auto accident.

Sorry to hear that.

So you're claiming UBS gave his son the job to help his dad's self-esteem? That's an even lamer attempt to distract than your norm.

Nope.

Saying that it is not unlikely that UBS helped the Perry family hoping that would land them a job that could generate millions in fees.

"For a Dad having a successful son is a source of pride and accomplishment. I would say that is a benefit. Some Dad's see getting their kids of their own "payroll" as a benefit as well."

This will be the last on this subject for me. Your partisanship does not allow you to see anything outside of those lines, so most discussion with you are as useless as tits on a nun.

Hilarious statement, coming from you.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

No, I meant what I said. I brought this up deliberately to point out that UBS is a large financial institution that is very interested in the American market. Like a lot of corporations, they contribute to candidates and politicians from both parties. With Obama in the White House, it's natural they would support him. They support anyone they think can influence policy or open doors for them, including some Republicans who are the antithesis of Obama.
You don't have to outrun the bear.

Again, nepotism. It's a word for a reason - that reason being, it exists.

You could quite reasonably be arguing that the kids job in this case was simply circumstantial and not the result of underhand dealings - but to argue that the entire concept nepotism doesn't exist is baffling. It hurts your case here and your credibility in general to make a sticking point of such an absurd claim.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

You could quite reasonably be arguing that the kids job in this case was simply circumstantial and not the result of underhand dealings - but to argue that the entire concept nepotism doesn't exist is baffling. It hurts your case here and your credibility in general to make a sticking point of such an absurd claim.

I never made the claim nepotism doesn't exist, jake.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Then all your responses to Bertt's topic so far are completely irrelevant.

Wrong again.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Wrong again.

Oh, really? So nice of you to set me straight.

At least it's better than your usual pirouettes.;)

Wrong again.

Oh, really? So nice of you to set me straight.

At least it's better than your usual pirouettes.;)

Well, you're such a smart guy, it should be obvious where the breakdown in your argument is.

Feel free to post back when you figure it out.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Still haven't found that fatal flaw yet, jake?

Nepotism is self-dealing for your kin. Had Perry given his son some sort of position in State gov't, that would be nepotism. UBS giving the son a job, while possibly favor-seeking, isn't nepotism.

Now, the timeline.

Discussions about selling the state lottery started at least as far back as 2006 - some states were apparently earlier than that. Perry's son wasn't hired until 2007.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

No.

UBS giving the son a job, while possibly favor-seeking

That right there is the point I'm making. Glad you finally acknowledge it.

Discussions about selling the state lottery started at least as far back as 2006 - some states were apparently earlier than that. Perry's son wasn't hired until 2007.

See, there you go! An actual reason to discount Bertt's assertion instead of the ridiculous line of argument that Perry couldn't possibly give two shits about his son's success.

No.

UBS giving the son a job, while possibly favor-seeking

That right there is the point I'm making. Glad you finally acknowledge it.[/repl]

Never denied it - just said that there's no evidence of the direct benefit to Perry that was claimed.

See, there you go! An actual reason to discount Bertt's assertion instead of the ridiculous line of argument that Perry couldn't possibly give two shits about his son's success.

Actually, the ridiculous line of argument was the son's success being the 'benefit' to Perry.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Never denied it - just said that there's no evidence of the direct benefit to Perry that was claimed.

Helping the son helps the father. It's an indirect link.

It's like you think people can't read:S

Actually, the ridiculous line of argument was the son's success being the 'benefit' to Perry.

And you made it sound like you were starting to get it.

Oh well.

Helping the son helps the father. It's an indirect link.

It's like you think people can't read:S

Helping the son helps the father

It's like you think people can't read. "Indirect link" or no, he still made the claim that the father was helped and then couldn't back it up.

And you made it sound like you were starting to get it.

Oh well.

If your point was to support Dekker's ludicrous claim, it's obvious you NEVER 'got it'.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

It's like you think people can't read.

Don't be a juvenile dick on top of a hypocritical twat.

You know perfectly well that if, in a discussion, you had simply said "there's a link" and someone later on challenged your claim of a "direct link" you would have screamed blue murder that you never said that... never mind that in this case bertt explicitly characterised it as an indirect link.

It's quite amazing how you refuse to admit error of any kind.

If your point was to support Dekker's ludicrous claim, it's obvious you NEVER 'got it'.

The point that it's quite feasible to give a benefit to a son as a favour to a father? You refuse to acknowledge it? Amazing.

It's like you think people can't read.

Don't be a juvenile dick on top of a hypocritical twat.

Nice debate style.

You know perfectly well that if, in a discussion, you had simply said "there's a link" and someone later on challenged your claim of a "direct link" you would have screamed blue murder that you never said that... never mind that in this case bertt explicitly characterised it as an indirect link.

He also couldn't prove ANY link, or benefit. Also note that his "proof" was a HuffPo article talking about the money side of the issue.

It's quite amazing how you refuse to admit error of any kind.

Like your never did with your mention of nepotism, you mean?

The point that it's quite feasible to give a benefit to a son as a favour to a father? You refuse to acknowledge it? Amazing.

Never said *that*, either. But feel free to provide evidence that UBS hired Perry fils as a sop to his father's ego rather than financial, as alluded to in his HuffPo link.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706