rushmc

Rush Limbaugh Needs to Thank Media Matters and the Main Stream Media

Remember, we shouldn't be listening to him for anything other than entertaiment.

Talk radio can be far more than just entertainment. It can give you news that you hadn't heard before. It gives you the arguments for and against subjects that you might not have thought of before. It makes you think. It makes you refine your own beliefs as you learn new perspectives.

Yes, yes, yes!
BUT the problem as I see it is the 'Merican lemmings who will blindly take the hosts opinions as gospel.
Meh, it relieves the burden of having to think for themselves.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Media Matters is not The Media.

And Rush saying it on his show doesn't make it true either, though this post and your posting history does show that Rush's comments are like gospel to you.

I never said Media Matters was the media

If you look at the OP I posted media matters AND the main stream media

As for Rush?

when I get to listen to him he says what I already think in many cases

If that is gospel then so be it but you really have spin that top to get there
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Talk radio can be far more than just entertainment. It can give you news that you hadn't heard before. It gives you the arguments for and against subjects that you might not have thought of before. It makes you think. It makes you refine your own beliefs as you learn new perspectives.

Yes, yes, yes!
BUT the problem as I see it is the 'Merican lemmings who will blindly take the hosts opinions as gospel.

So? What do you propose to do about that problem? Shut down talk radio because some people don't think for themselves? If you start restricting free speech, you'll just make that problem worse. Keep it up and some day we'll have only the government to tell us what the truth is.

Yes, yes, yes!

So? What do you propose to do about that problem?

Sit back and watch the show and the lemmings?
Shoot the mindless mobs?
Start a pool on which lemming will believe the stupidest shit?
Start up your own show on public access and create your own group of lemmings?
Write Rush and ask him to tone it down?

Got something else?

Shut down talk radio because some people don't think for themselves? If you start restricting free speech, you'll just make that problem worse.

Geez, John. Go off the deep end whydontchya.
Take the ball and run, Forrest run....all the way out of the stadium.

Keep it up and some day we'll have only the government to tell us what the truth is.

I'm not sure you realize just how funny that sounds.
:o

Yes, yes, yes!

So? What do you propose to do about that problem?

Sit back and watch the show and the lemmings?
Shoot the mindless mobs?
Start a pool on which lemming will believe the stupidest shit?
Start up your own show on public access and create your own group of lemmings?
Write Rush and ask him to tone it down?

Got something else?

Yeah, how about just accept it and let the free market work. It's not a perfect world, and you'll never be able to make those "lemmings" change their beliefs by restricting free speech. You'll only make things worse. So just learn to live with it. Lemmings exist on both sides of the political spectrum.

Geez, John. Go off the deep end whydontchya.
Take the ball and run, Forrest run....all the way out of the stadium.

You're hurling insults again... Maybe you should go join the wolves in that other thread where the wolf pack is in a feeding frenzy.

Yeah, how about just accept it and let the free market work. It's not a perfect world, and you'll never be able to make those "lemmings" change their beliefs by restricting free speech. You'll only make things worse. So just learn to live with it. Lemmings exist on both sides of the political spectrum.

Yep. That's a viable option too.

You're hurling insults again... Maybe you should go join the wolves in that other thread where the wolf pack is in a feeding frenzy.

Your best response is...as is typical..."you're hurling insults"?

It's insulting to you for me to point out the outrageousness of your extrapolation in response to my post?

Yes, maybe I should really be more aware of your thin skin and the need for the touchy-feely approach.

On the other hand, maybe it's a better idea for people to man-up when they screw up.

I see you are in another one of your moods today.

Good day, John.

Your best response is...as is typical..."you're hurling insults"? It's insulting to you for me to point out the outrageousness of your extrapolation in response to my post? Yes, maybe I should really be more aware of your thin skin and the need for the touchy-feely approach. On the other hand, maybe it's a better idea for people to man-up when they screw up. I see you are in another one of your moods today.

I pointed it out for the moderators, who are supposed to enforce the rules against insults. But naturally, they just promptly ignored it. I prefer that to responding in-kind by hurling insults back at you, which just makes things even uglier.

And of course, your response when your insult was pointed out to you, was to hurl yet more insults. And the moderators I'm sure will ignore those too.

We each have our own personal character. Mine is different from yours. You should work on learning to accept that, and to live within the rules here. I'm happy being known as a guy who doesn't go around insulting others. You're welcome to go the other route, if that's what makes you feel good, and if
you're willing to live with having other people view you in that way.

You don't find it odd that people who choose to conduct their conversations in a polite, civil manner, are branded as "pussies", "thin-skinned", "touchy-feely" and "moody", as if being polite is something bad?

I guess Emily Post and Miss Manners must be the most horrid people on earth to you.

And it's quite funny that you point out that your insult was in response to my "outrageous extrapolation", after your own suggestions included "shoot the mindless mobs". That's about as outrageous an extrapolation as you can get, and it certainly topped mine, which didn't come anywhere close to calling for genocide. You can be quite the source of amusement, and what makes it so funny is that you probably didn't even realize you were doing it.

You should have just quit while you were ahead when you agreed with me that no action needs to be taken, other than to just let free speech and the free market work.