JohnRich

Should Illinois residents be allowed to buy ammo through the mail from within their own state?

News:
Illinois residents can now legally mail order ammunition

"Gun owners in Illinois will now be able to legally mail order ammunition from intra-state gun sales locations.

"Senate Bill 681 passed the Senate on March 28. It allows an Illinois resident to buy ammunition through the mail from an in-state federal firearm-licensed retailer or seller of ammunition.

“Only in Illinois would it be illegal to order ammunition from an Illinois point of purchase. Currently, a resident can purchase ammunition through the mail from Wyoming, Florida or any other state, but not here...”
Full story: KFVS TV

Logical and common sense, but will the Governor sign that bill?
Rolling back stupid gun laws!

Logical and common sense, but will the Governor sign that bill?
Rolling back stupid gun laws!

History shows that high expectations of IL governors are seriously misplaced.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I voted absolutely not. If they want more gun freedoms they should either vote for a local government that will give it to then, or move to Texas.

Let the Obama's of the U.S. have Illinois and run it as far into the ground as they want.:|

"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

How do they show a valid state issued ID?

The same way they'd show it if they ordered a box of ammo from an out of state seller (which they can do legally already). When the package is delivered it's likely marked "adult signature required" (at least when I buy ammo through the mail it is).
--
Rob

Is this not a thinly disguised non-tariff barrier to interstate commerce? If the vendors have to be federally licensed what other purpose can the in-state limit serve?

I don't know what the original motivation was for the law. Did Illinois residents have to show a FOID (firearm owner identification) card to buy ammo? If so, then by forcing face-to-face ammo sales where a FOID could be verified, perhaps they were trying to prevent prohibited persons from obtaining ammo. Just a guess!

but will the Governor sign that bill?

History shows that high expectations of IL governors are seriously misplaced.

It sounds like you are in favor of the passage of this Bill - is that correct?

I think sane law abiding adult Illinoisians should be allowed to buy anything they want from anyplace they like.

I think sane law abiding adult Illinoisians should be allowed to buy anything they want from anyplace they like.

You've been speaking out more and more in FAVOR of pro-gun things lately. Have you had some kind of epiphany? I'd almost swear you're turning into a gun nut right before our very eyes...

You've been speaking out more and more in FAVOR of pro-gun things lately. Have you had some kind of epiphany? I'd almost swear you're turning into a gun nut right before our very eyes...

I have no problem with sane law abiding adults owning guns (or anything else).

It's the felons and loonies I'm concerned about.

:D:D

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG