rushmc

Some Good Results from Our Supreme Court

Supreme Court says search warrants needed when police use GPS devices to track suspects

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/technology/supreme-court-says-search-warrants-needed-when-police-use-gps-devices-to-track-suspects/2012/01/23/gIQA7wL1KQ_story.html
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I like that one, too.

Technology can be a serious game-changer; we really need to let the playing board settle before changing the rules.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Take a look at the last week's opinions. Rather interesting the unity in the SCOTUS and the lack of any patterns being shown.

Ryburn v. Huff – per curiam
National Meat Association – Unanimous
Reynolds v US – 7-2 (dissenting were Scalia and Ginsburg (yep – those two dissented))
US v. Jones – unanimous (GPS case)
Perry v. Perez – per curiam (Thomas concurring)
Mims v. Arrow Financial – unanimous
Golan v Holder – 6-2 (Kagan abstained, dissent by Breyer and Alito)
Maples v. Thomas – 7-2 (Scalia and Thomas dissenting)

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Take a look at the last week's opinions. Rather interesting the unity in the SCOTUS and the lack of any patterns being shown.

Ryburn v. Huff – per curiam
National Meat Association – Unanimous
Reynolds v US – 7-2 (dissenting were Scalia and Ginsburg (yep – those two dissented))
US v. Jones – unanimous (GPS case)
Perry v. Perez – per curiam (Thomas concurring)
Mims v. Arrow Financial – unanimous
Golan v Holder – 6-2 (Kagan abstained, dissent by Breyer and Alito)
Maples v. Thomas – 7-2 (Scalia and Thomas dissenting)

They have a good leader /Cheif Justice
Abraham Lincoln

The big ruling coming tomorrow as well! How do you think that one's going to settle?
Abraham Lincoln

I think the Republicans have done a good job stacking the SC in their favour. I will likely disagree with a few of their rulings going forward.

I do agree that it was good they finally recognized that their previous ruling was faulty. Shows that the Supreme Court certainly doesn't always get it right.

SkyDekker

I think the Republicans have done a good job stacking the SC in their favour. I will likely disagree with a few of their rulings going forward.

I do agree that it was good they finally recognized that their previous ruling was faulty. Shows that the Supreme Court certainly doesn't always get it right.

No, the Republicans have been good at putting originalist on the court that understand that the constitution is not a living document and needs to be followed!

I can only imagine how great the court is going to be after 6 more years of trump!
Abraham Lincoln

Yet another good day!!!

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-court-unions-fees-20180627-story.html

Supreme Court deals sharp defeat to public employee unions, banning mandatory fees

About damned time this was stopped!

More battles to come however and unions and changing rules to make it as hard as possible for members to opt out!!! Bastards!
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

Yet another good day!!!

Supreme Court deals sharp defeat to public employee unions, banning mandatory fees

More battles to come however and unions and changing rules to make it as hard as possible for members to opt out!!! Bastards!

I would have agreed with this, if they had given non-union members the right to negotiate separately. But my understanding is, that didn't happen.

So, non-union members will get the benefit of union negotiated contracts without having to pay for it. You can see how that likely will result in less and less people paying union dues.

This ruling therefor appears to be squarely focused on finding a way to defund unions. In the long run this will likely lead to worse employment conditions for many low to middle class employees. Likely many of whom are applauding this now.

I would have fully supported this ruling, if it had concluded that people could negotiate separately with their employer.

SkyDekker

***Yet another good day!!!

I would have agreed with this, if they had given non-union members the right to negotiate separately. But my understanding is, that didn't happen.

So, non-union members will get the benefit of union negotiated contracts without having to pay for it. You can see how that likely will result in less and less people paying union dues.

This ruling therefor appears to be squarely focused on finding a way to defund unions. In the long run this will likely lead to worse employment conditions for many low to middle class employees. Likely many of whom are applauding this now.

I would have fully supported this ruling, if it had concluded that people could negotiate separately with their employer.

I was in the Brotherhood of Electrical Workers for 17 years. What you say here proves you don't know how it works at all!
Abraham Lincoln