shah269

Does it really matter who you vote for?

All good points, but I think a "President McCain" would not touch the none-combat troop- advisor idea after his experience with Viet Nam. But as he is not the President, it is a neat to debate "what if".

given his criticism every time Obama did not use troops, I don't agree. He wanted more force in Libya, and he wasn't happy with the pullout in Iraq either. Of course, as a mere Senator he is in a good position to Monday Morning QB it all. Perhaps he would act differently if it weren't merely for political posturing.

Now try and answer without utilizing any GOP talking points!
Or spin!

Says the spinmeister.

As for proof,,,,read any of the public disclosures as to how much liquid capital any of the major fortune 500 companies have.

They own your ass!

So, you've got nothing, as usual, and this is another of your rants where you have no real clue what you're talking about, as usual.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

All good points, but I think a "President McCain" would not touch the none-combat troop- advisor idea after his experience with Viet Nam. But as he is not the President, it is a neat to debate "what if".

given his criticism every time Obama did not use troops, I don't agree. He wanted more force in Libya, and he wasn't happy with the pullout in Iraq either. Of course, as a mere Senator he is in a good position to Monday Morning QB it all. Perhaps he would act differently if it weren't merely for political posturing.

I was only responding to the "limited advisor" idea.
I do not think a "President McCain" would follow that path, I think he would be "all in".

But he is not the POTUS, so we, fortunately, do not have to deal with it.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

I loathe Obama, but Ron Paul is "A Nutter" to use Dr. Kallend's words, and Mitt Romney is utterly uninteresting, and therefore will likely not win the General Election.

Hopefully the Gridlock will continue if Obama is *gag* re-elected...

I do not think a "President McCain" would follow that path, I think he would be "all in".

Except (to continue our dream sequence..), that to be "all in" (post-December 2011) would be an outright abrogation of the SOFA, which even if it might be sustained legally, might be politically untenable; whereas to re-classify troops into "non-combat" roles* would technically comply with SOFA and therefore have greater political (as well as legal) cover.

(* I shouldn't have used the word "advisors" in my earlier post; I should have simply said "non-combat designations".)

Except (to continue our dream sequence..), that to be "all in" (post-December 2011) would be an outright abrogation of the SOFA, which even if it might be sustained legally, might be politically untenable; whereas to re-classify troops into "non-combat" roles* would technically comply with SOFA and therefore have greater political (as well as legal) cover.

(* I shouldn't have used the word "advisors" in my earlier post; I should have simply said "non-combat designations".)

Staying in the fantasy land a bit longer:

I think we can agree, he would be "all in" and hidden under SOFA Terminology. Using the SOFA "outs" he has as a POTUS and his experiences as Naval Aviator in Viet Nam.

But, I do not think if he was POTUS in 2001 we would have gone to Iraq.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!