JohnRich

Boy arrested for burping in school

News:
Should burping at school be a criminal offense?

"A seventh grade boy burped once, a bunch of other boys laughed, maybe other people burped. It disrupted the P.E. class to the chagrin of this female teacher who called a school resource officer and had this boy handcuffed and charged with a crime in Albuquerque which is called Interfering with Public Education, a petty misdemeanor..."
Full story: MyNorthwest.com

While we're at it, I want farting on planes to be criminalized.

More school administration idiocy, which rivals the TSA:

"7-Year-Old Accused Of Possible Sexual Harassment For Kicking Bully In Groin"
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/12/02/7-year-old-accused-of-possible-sexual-harassment-for-kicking-boy-in-groin/

"Mother says son was suspended for calling teacher ‘cute’"
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/29910470/detail.html

I listened to an article on NPR the other day about the TX school system and how a zero tolerance law from the early 90's was resulting in kids being sent to adult court for truancy, talking back to teachers, etc.

Another example of the stupidity of having laws upon laws for every single thing in the world.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Farting should be just as inappropriate as smoking a cigarette. In both cases you are forcing someone to inhale fumes that were expelled your body.

True about the offensive fumes, but farting, a natural event; may not be a voluntary act, or a hazard. Smoking is unhealthy, unsanitary. hazardous, voluntary and unnatural. Different issue.
But back to the burping kid. Suppose he vomited, or soiled his pants? A criminal act? Nasty, and disruptive to be sure. Not a criminal act, though.
Clearly, an overreach and misuse of authority.

Farting should be just as inappropriate as smoking a cigarette. In both cases you are forcing someone to inhale fumes that were expelled your body.

True about the offensive fumes, but farting, a natural event; may not be a voluntary act, or a hazard. Smoking is unhealthy, unsanitary. hazardous, voluntary and unnatural. Different issue.
But back to the burping kid. Suppose he vomited, or soiled his pants? A criminal act? Nasty, and disruptive to be sure. Not a criminal act, though.

Going through school, these things happen with kids. I can recall seeing kids throw-up and the teacher helped to clean them up and see toit they were taken care of and taken to the school nurse. As for kids farting or belching, the teachers usually addressed the kid, to 'please' control himself. Never saw a kid 'cuffed and stuffed' for it, though.

Chuck

As for kids farting or belching, the teachers usually addressed the kid, to 'please' control himself. Never saw a kid 'cuffed and stuffed' for it, though.

Lots more vegetarian kids nowadays - if some of them fart, the actual stench could be sufficient to call law enforcement

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Going through school, these things happen with kids. I can recall seeing kids throw-up and the teacher helped to clean them up and see toit they were taken care of and taken to the school nurse. As for kids farting or belching, the teachers usually addressed the kid, to 'please' control himself. Never saw a kid 'cuffed and stuffed' for it, though.

Chuck

Me neither.
However, since this is a Sky Jumping forum......... We all can relate to the jumper who par-took of a heavy pasta and beer supper the night before arriving at the DZ. Even though farting in a jump plane is.. humorous sometimes.... (admit it.!!) the urge to report the offender to the Center for Disease Control or retaliate in like fashion is considerable.

As for kids farting or belching, the teachers usually addressed the kid, to 'please' control himself. Never saw a kid 'cuffed and stuffed' for it, though.

Lots more vegetarian kids nowadays - if some of them fart, the actual stench could be sufficient to call law enforcement

Some are so bad they should be considered a terrorist attack.

Reminds me of the time I was at Eloy. We went to the packing area early and the rest rooms are close by. There were some 'salad shooters' in the rest room and we had to turn right around and leave! I understand what you're saying! :D

Chuck

I remember when burping was considered funny. If it became disruptive, the teacher told you to knock it off or you were going to see the Vice-Principal. You didn't want to be sent to the Vice Principal because he had a paddle with air holes drilled in it for maximum impact. If it did go that far, your parents were called for a consultation. You didn't want that because you were going to be grounded and probably have to serve after school detention.

Chuck

Me neither.
However, since this is a Sky Jumping forum......... We all can relate to the jumper who par-took of a heavy pasta and beer supper the night before arriving at the DZ. Even though farting in a jump plane is.. humorous sometimes.... (admit it.!!) the urge to report the offender to the Center for Disease Control or retaliate in like fashion is considerable.

In skydiving, farting in the plane is required! :D

Chuck

I got tossed outa school because my hair was too short! When I walked into class, they all laughed and I caused a 'disturbance'.
The deal was, my Mom cut my Dad's and my hair, back then. We both wore 'flat-tops' and my Mom got mine a little too short. It didn't bother me but I guess, it bothered the other kids. Dad went to talk with the principal and I was back in school the next day and funny thing... there wasn't a smiling face in the bunch.:D

Chuck