JohnRich

Record Low Support for Gun Control

News:
Record-Low 26% in U.S. Favor Handgun Ban

"A record-low 26% of Americans favor a legal ban on the possession of handguns in the United States other than by police and other authorized people...

"This year's poll finds support for a variety of gun-control measures at historical lows, including the ban on handguns, which is Gallup's longest continuing gun-control trend...

"For the first time, Gallup finds greater opposition to than support for a ban on semiautomatic guns or assault rifles...

"Additionally, support for the broader concept of making gun laws "more strict" is at its lowest...

"Americans have shifted to a more pro-gun view on gun laws, particularly in recent years, with record-low support for a ban on handguns, an assault rifle ban, and stricter gun laws in general..."
Full story: Gallup

Good news but the hold-outs are still so violently vocal!

Yes, I think we've turned the corner on gun control, and due to years of education by organizations like the NRA, the public finally realizes the futility of gun-control, the value and validity of the 2nd Amendment, and no longer blindly accepts the lies put forth by anti-gun organizations like the Brady bunch. Truth, is winning.

Among the liberals I know personally, I can think of only maybe 2 or 3 who think guns should be banned. The rest of them are neutral or don't care much about the issue one way or the other, or they don't seem to disagree when you point out that more restrictive gun laws do not reduce murders/violence.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Good news but the hold-outs are still so violently vocal!

Yes, I think we've turned the corner on gun control, and due to years of education by organizations like the NRA, the public finally realizes the futility of gun-control, the value and validity of the 2nd Amendment, and no longer blindly accepts the lies put forth by anti-gun organizations like the Brady bunch. Truth, is winning.

Maybe jumping the gun there?
Right now the "next biggest thing" is anti-religion. The nutters will get back to gun control later, I'm sure.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239