JohnRich

What Everyone Is Too Polite to Say About Steve Jobs

News:
What Everyone Is Too Polite to Say About Steve Jobs

"In the days after Steve Jobs' death, friends and colleagues have, in customary fashion, been sharing their fondest memories of the Apple co-founder. He's been hailed as "a genius" and "the greatest CEO of his generation" by pundits and tech journalists. But a great man's reputation can withstand a full accounting. And, truth be told, Jobs could be terrible to people, and his impact on the world was not uniformly positive..."
Full story: Gawker.com

Yeah, but he's made better products than Martha Stewart.

But all seriousness, someone who is laid back and "nice" to his subordinates isn't going to meet deadlines as well as someone who can dole out consequences and show that they are willing to. Not defending him, but you can't expect a saint occupying the top.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

I've been known to be an asshat myself from time to time, usually when somebody I am paying to do a certain task isn't holding up their end of the agreement. That includes employees as well as suppliers, contractors, transportation companies, etc. Accepting less than what you pay for can be a quick route to failure.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

I've been known to be an asshat myself from time to time, usually when somebody I am paying to do a certain task isn't holding up their end of the agreement.

:D:D
Funny you should mention that.

True story:

I was called in to HR one time (a co-worker complained) and they told me, "You can't say that!"

ME: Whaaa? Whaaa????

HR: You can't tell people to 'shit or get off the pot'!"

Me: Why not?

HR: You can't talk to people like that. It's offensive!

Me: Well, sitting on the pot doing nothing for days and weeks holding up the job is offensive, too.

HR: Don't do it again.

Me: Well, tell them to shit or get off the pot and I won't.

HR: *sigh* Go away, Andy.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239