nigel99

How racist are you? Take the test...

This was not a race test this was a can you sort for 2 minutes one way then sort for 2 minutes the other way without being confused. The same test could have been done by patting your head and rubbing your stomach with a picture of a white person taped to your head and African to your stomach.... waste of time IMO

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

This was not a race test this was a can you sort for 2 minutes one way then sort for 2 minutes the other way without being confused. The same test could have been done by patting your head and rubbing your stomach with a picture of a white person taped to your head and African to your stomach.... waste of time IMO

I guess I have read a bit more background on how the test was designed and I found it interesting. I am not sure that associating black with bad and white with good is the best measure of "racial" views though.

If you look at the past few centuries we have been brought up with black magic, sayings such as it is not black or white, the dark side and the list goes on. These have nothing to do with race but show a colour association in our culture.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Somebody (or some people - regardless of race) at Harvard needs to go back to school for some lessons on designing web pages that can be intuitively navigated.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

I guess I have read a bit more background on how the test was designed and I found it interesting. I am not sure that associating black with bad and white with good is the best measure of "racial" views though.

If you look at the past few centuries we have been brought up with black magic, sayings such as it is not black or white, the dark side and the list goes on. These have nothing to do with race but show a colour association in our culture.

Actually these color associations have everything to do with race. They are deeply embedded in American culture (and I think elsewhere, but I have not done as much reading on that). If you want to know about the way race and color attitudes are intertwined you should look at the book White Over Black by Winthrop Jordan.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"