rushmc

Here Comes the Obama 2012 Campaign Strategy

As predicted, Obama will try and pass a stimulus larger than the last (which he knows he can’t get done) and then blame the Republicans for the bad economy because they would not let his stimulus pass. That’s one way of fucking with your own record
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/08/26/usa-biden-idUSN1E77P0H920110826

Aug 26 (Reuters) - U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said on Friday the U.S. economy needed more stimulus to get it moving, putting in a plug for government measures shortly before the White House unveils new proposals to boost job growth.

Hell, many here are already spouting that

Gonna be fun
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

As predicted, Obama will try and pass a stimulus larger than the last (which he knows he can’t get done) and then blame the Republicans for the bad economy because they would not let his stimulus pass. That’s one way of fucking with your own record

***Aug 26 (Reuters) - U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said on Friday the U.S. economy needed more stimulus to get it moving, putting in a plug for government measures shortly before the White House unveils new proposals to boost job growth.

Gonna be fun

Still waiting for all those "Job Creators" who had their taxes cut 10 years ago to come through with all those jobs that they would be able to create with all that extra wealth.

Still waiting for all those "Job Creators" who had their taxes cut 10 years ago to come through with all those jobs that they would be able to create with all that extra wealth.

It's trickling down. Patience.

Where.. trickling down their legs as they check their investment portfolios and sit back and laugh at all the rubes who are enriching them???

***Aug 26 (Reuters) - U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said on Friday the U.S. economy needed more stimulus to get it moving, putting in a plug for government measures shortly before the White House unveils new proposals to boost job growth.

Gonna be fun

First off
I you think the jobs environment is the same today well

I gotta bridge to sell you

Second

You support another stimulus that is double or larger the last?

Third
If you do support that, you think it will work better than the last one?

Fourth (oh hell, I already know you would vote for Obama)

Never mind
Abraham Lincoln

They created almost 4 million private sector jobs before the housing bubble, and still ended up slightly positive at the end of 2008.

Since 2009? -3.8 million private sector jobs - I don't think we can take much more of that type of 'stimulus'.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

They created almost 4 million private sector jobs before the housing bubble, and still ended up slightly positive at the end of 2008.

Since 2009? -3.8 million private sector jobs - I don't think we can take much more of that type of 'stimulus'.

So... you really do BELIEVE that those of you in the GOP have done anything to create jobs since Jan of 2009 at the height of the Geoprge Bush Depression???

MMMMMMMM TRICKLE MMMMMMMMMM

So... you really do BELIEVE that those of you in the GOP have done anything to create jobs since Jan of 2009 at the height of the Geoprge Bush Depression???

111th Congress
Jan 2009 - Dec 2010

House Majority: Democrat
Senate Majority: Democrat
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

111th Congress
Jan 2009 - Dec 2010

BULLSHIT.. as always.... the die was cast by the people YOU voted for... over and over and over...and even GHWB called it VOODOO Economics... or do you just convieniently always forget that Mikeee???

It would be nice if you could allow for JUST a modicum of honesty in ANY of your posts concerning how we got to this GOAT FUCK STUPID point in our country history. Its too bad you are incapable of that thing called honesty Mikeee:S:S:S

111th Congress
Jan 2009 - Dec 2010

BULLSHIT.. as always.... the die was cast by the people YOU voted for... over and over and over...and even GHWB called it VOODOO Economics... or do you just convieniently always forget that Mikeee???

It would be nice if you could allow for JUST a modicum of honesty in ANY of your posts concerning how we got to this GOAT FUCK STUPID point in our country history. Its too bad you are incapable of that thing called honesty Mikeee:S:S:S

Ah
He is right

And the budget was balanced (kind of) when Clinton was Pres

But who controled congress

A solid pattern you would see if you would stop listening to old tv show theme songs
Abraham Lincoln

111th Congress
Jan 2009 - Dec 2010

Like you conveniently forgot that you mentioned "since January 2009" directly above?

Its too bad you are incapable of that thing called honesty Mikeee:S:S:S

"Honesty" meaning "agrees with Jeanne" in :S:S:S world.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

The 2008 Obama campaign slogan was "Yes we can". In 2012 it will be modified "Yes we can add more debt than all other previous federal governments, combined".

Republicans can NOT take the high road concerning their past record on government management. When GWB took office, the US Federal debt was $5.768 trillion. By the time Bush left office, it had nearly doubled, to $10.626 trillion. So Bush's record on deficit spending was not good at all. During GWB's presidency, the national debt rose by an average of $607 billion a year. How does that compare to Obama? During Obama's first two years of his presidency, the US federal debt had risen by an average of $1.723 trillion a year — or by a jaw-dropping $1.116 trillion more, per year. Obama is making GWB look like a fiscal conservative and we all know that GWB was NOT a fiscal conservative. :o

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Let's see what the Bureau of Labor shows:
http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/CES0000000001?output_view=net_1mth

If graph does not show what I am seeing enter years to view. I enter 1989-2011.

It appears that Clinton took hold of a sinking ship and brought it to the surface. Under Bush, the ship sunk. Obama takes the helm and reversed the direction. If the trend continues, as it appears, Obama will be on par with Clinton.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

http://data.bls.gov/pdq/SurveyOutputServlet

It appears that Clinton took hold of a sinking ship and brought it to the surface. Under Bush, the ship sunk. Obama takes the helm and reversed the direction. If the trend continues, as it appears, Obama will be on par with Clinton.

This would be true if he is elected to another term, and the Republicans keep that house and take the Senate
Abraham Lincoln

http://data.bls.gov/pdq/SurveyOutputServlet

2001-2008 positive private sector job creation. 2009-present, negative private sector job creation.

You're right - Obama *DID* reverse the direction!
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

2001-2008 positive private sector job creation. 2009-present, negative private sector job creation.

I fixed the link. Look at the chart.
Neil Young

The chart is not approved by FAUX News.. so they will not bother.

It looks toi me like everything was really good until the dem's took control of congress.

It looks toi me like everything was really good until the dem's took control of congress.

Looking at the chart at this link http://uspolitics.about.com/od/usgovernment/l/bl_party_division_2.htm
Dems held both, the Senate and the House, 22 out of 33 sessions since 1945. I think that it goes without saying that the Dems the brunt of the criticism. Expanding the years on the Labor chart, it appears that most job lost occurs after war activity. I'm not so sure that either a republican or democrat led Senate or House can control the downward spikes any more than they can create upward spikes..
Neil Young

Looking at the chart at this link http://uspolitics.about.com/od/usgovernment/l/bl_party_division_2.htm
Dems held both, the Senate and the House, 22 out of 33 sessions since 1945. I think that it goes without saying that the Dems the brunt of the criticism. Expanding the years on the Labor chart, it appears that most job lost occurs after war activity. I'm not so sure that either a republican or democrat led Senate or House can control the downward spikes any more than they can create upward spikes..

What I was looking at was the fact that the jobs loss was actually while the dem's had control of congress (along with most of the debt under bush). it seems that when the dem's control congress business gets scared and tightens the belt. I wonder why?

What I was looking at was the fact that the jobs loss was actually while the dem's had control of congress (along with most of the debt under bush). it seems that when the dem's control congress business gets scared and tightens the belt. I wonder why?

There was a drastic loss from Nov. 07 to Jan. 09, followed by a steep turn around with a fast drop and quick pick up around Aug. 2010 and leveling out, somewhat. All of that was under Dem control. Looking at the two charts (BLS chart expanded to 1945), it appears that the Rep have close to the same amount of success and failure. So, it make one wonder who really has control. Is it the President, congress, or business itself?
When I compare the spikes to years at war, it seems that war itself is responsible quick gains and loss. So what is responsible for the spikes in between wars?
I think it really depends on what is happening around the world more than it does on who controls congress and the White House. It's just easier for people to blame one side or the other, than to look at the whole picture.
Neil Young

There was a drastic loss from Nov. 07 to Jan. 09, followed by a steep turn around with a fast drop and quick pick up around Aug. 2010 and leveling out, somewhat. All of that was under Dem control. Looking at the two charts (BLS chart expanded to 1945), it appears that the Rep have close to the same amount of success and failure. So, it make one wonder who really has control. Is it the President, congress, or business itself?
When I compare the spikes to years at war, it seems that war itself is responsible quick gains and loss. So what is responsible for the spikes in between wars?
I think it really depends on what is happening around the world more than it does on who controls congress and the White House. It's just easier for people to blame one side or the other, than to look at the whole picture.

I was just pointing out that over the last decade or so that congress has caused the fluctuations by what they do. Confidence is stronger than a law or regulation and recently the congress nor president has instilled any confidence. After 911, and the 2 recesions in 1980 & 1992 the presidents instilled confidence in the people and businesses and that got us going. All we have now is an over used credit card and bickering in washington. The stimulous could have been 5 trillion and it would not have helped because they were more determined to move this country to the left than to fix the problems we have.