freethefly

The delusioned in a bidding war

I haven't heard anyone in this thread propose a special "church tax!"

You're right, so far you're the only person that brought it up...

Actually you did in your previous post #23, on which I was commenting.

No I didn't...:S

I'm still waitin' for you to quote where I had brought this up in an earlier post.

Your post #23, Opie: "I'm no fan of these prosperity gospel mega churches either, but I'm not so sure taxing them is such a wise idea," sure sounds like you're commenting on the idea of a church tax. I'm still waitin' for you to quote where I had brought this up in an earlier post.

If we're down to the "no I didn't--yes you did," then I'm done here. Last word is yours unless you've read all my other posts and want to discuss.

You are the only person that mentioned a "special church tax..."

You can say that it "sure sounds like" I said that, but it only goes to show that your angry bigotted emotions are clouding your judgement and that you're desperately searching for straw...
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

The 4th amendment is our only constitutional protection against a government run theocracy.

That amendment concerns search and seizure. I believe you meant the 1rst amendment.
This is a good read on the subject:
http://www.politicususa.com/en/gop-christian-theocrats

Thanks for the correction. The first it is.

Don

yes, hence why I asked what the 4th amendment had to do with it - and yes, I did read the post 22. 4th amnedment still made no sense.

anyway, the legal explanation holds some weight in my opinion.

However the right to bear arms does nto come without tax issues. Sales tax is paid on guns and ammo. registration fees and licensing come with gun ownership. No one is making a constitutional argument against that.

I doubt that the churches would become 'subservient' to the government just because of income tax.

For that matter, I do not of any businesses that went out of business or became subservient to the government because of income tax.