dmcoco84

Losing the Jews: Obama dumped by big Dem donor

so you're happy to let the palestinians pay the price for the european holocaust of the jews...

It was a WORLD war, and Amazon has already noted that the Arabs were participants.

the middle east had been colonised by europe - hard for them not to be involved in another of our wars...
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

>When the PLO can stop kidnapping Israeli's and launching rockets into
>Israel after a cease fire has been negotiated, then there might be peace.

And when Israelis stop training their children to hate Palestinians, there might be peace as well.

Any solution that involves holding one side blameless will fail miserably.

I think you are a little off here. The Palestinians teach their kids to hate the Jews with pictures of Mickey Mouse the Jihadist and martyr.

The Isrealies hate the Palestinians because every time their prime minister says a peace deal has been worked out, rockets come raining down on the civilian population.

Both sides do have to bear some of the blame, but as for about the last 25-30 years since the Palestinians have taken up terrorism, I would have to say one side takes gets more of the blame than the other....
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

'Israel has not been secure since its inception'

it had the backing of the un and the world's superpower - of course it was secure. not safe perhaps - but secure...

How well did that work for the victims of genocide in Rwanda or Yugoslavia? Both occurred in the 90s.

both rwanda and yugoslavia still exist (i've given you an easy hook there to reply to)...

so easy, what's the point? Give a less insipid argument first.

And btw, how old is your map that still shows Yugoslavia on it?

went for the hook :)
we now have the new states of serbia and croatia (and a few others) same as soon we'll have the new state of palestine alongside israel...

so if we can follow your tortured chain of logic - it's ok if half of the Jews (or Palestinians) are murdered, since we'll end up with two states at the end? Was this the brilliant conclusion you wanted us to see?

it's not ok - but that is how states are formed. hopefully the israelis from their position of strength will choose peace instead...

so you're happy to let the palestinians pay the price for the european holocaust of the jews...

It was a WORLD war, and Amazon has already noted that the Arabs were participants.

Funny how that works... you LOSE a war after committing heinous acts against your foe... you tend to lose your land.. yeah that sucks... its been happening like that for how many millenia?

the palestinians haven't lost yet...

(how much land did the germans lose?)

just because a people have had an injustice done to them doesn't mean they can then return that injustice to a different people...

You have hit the nail on the head hear. Yes, Palestinians have been wronged,

A case could be made that the Arab's alliance with Hitler might have made them somewhat complicit in the Holocaust. (I wonder if their shared interest in "Jew-hating" was a factor in their alignment with the Nazis during WW2 and the Ottoman's alliance with anti-semitic factions prior to WW1? Just wondering.)

and the reason for your constant arab hating? just wondering...

the only reason they haven't followed the Nazi model.

so not really concentration camps then. why not call them refugee camps which is what they are and dump the hypberbole?

Why are you more obsessed with what I call these camps than than you are with how the Palestinians are being treated by their "benefactors"? You haven't justified that yet. To me the camps seem to have more resemblance to a "concentration camp" than they do to a "refugee camp". That's certainly how they have been described in an effort to incriminate and disparage the Israelis.

so not really concentration camps then. why not call them refugee camps which is what they are and dump the hypberbole?

Why are you more obsessed with what I call these camps...

because you keep calling them concentration camps when they obviously are not. why do you hate all the arabs when it was europeans who committed the holocaust?

Why are you more obsessed with what I call these camps...

because you keep calling them concentration camps when they obviously are not. why do you hate all the arabs when it was europeans who committed the holocaust?

I told you why. I call a duck a duck. Why are the Palestinians paying for Arab hatred of Israel?

In 1896, Theodor Herzl, a Jewish journalist living in Austria-Hungary, published Der Judenstaat ("The Jewish State"), in which he asserted that the only solution to the "Jewish Question" in Europe, including growing antisemitism, was through the establishment of a Jewish State. Political Zionism had just been born. A year later, Herzl founded the Zionist Organization (ZO), which at its first congress, "called for the establishment of a home for the Jewish people in Palestine secured under public law". Serviceable means to attain that goal included the promotion of Jewish settlement there, the organization of Jews in the diaspora, the strengthening of Jewish feeling and consciousness, and preparatory steps to attain those necessary governmental grants. By the end of the First World War, Great Britain had the British Mandate for Palestine. The issuance of the Balfour Declaration greatly increased the immigration of Jews to Palestine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1917_Balfour_Declaration

So ah... all this talk about, Palestinian "camps".

Am I correct in noting, that no one has commented on the, camps, that the British were putting Jews in who were trying to immigrate to Jerusalem?

The British didn't want them there. They were trying to deter them from coming...

is this letter true?

The following is an excerpt from MIN HAMETZAR (p. 92) by Rabbi Michael Dov Weissmandl ZT"L Dean of Nitra Yeshiva

The excerpt is a literal translation of the letter the Jewish Rescue Committee in Czechoslovakia received from the Zionist "Jewish" Agency Executive Offices in Switzerland.

This was in reply to the call of the Jewish Rescue Committee for help, with documentary evidence furnished, concerning the fate of millions of Jewish people in Nazi occupied Europe.

"We are writing to remind you of the one factor of which you must never lose sight: that ultimately, the Allies will win the war. After their victory, territorial boundaries will be reshaped as they were after the First World War. Then, the way will be clear for our purpose at this time, with the war drawing to a close, we must do everything in our power to change Eretz Yisroel to Medinat Yisrael and many steps have already been taken in this regard. Therefore, we must turn a deaf ear to the pleas and cries emanating from Eastern Europe. Remember this: all the allies have suffered many losses, and if we also do not offer human sacrifices, how can we gain the right to sit at the conference table when the territorial boundaries are reshaped? Accordingly, it is foolhardy and brazen for us to negotiate in terms of money or supplies in exchange for Jewish lives. How dare we ask of the allied powers to barter money for lives while they are sustaining heavy casualties daily? So, insofar as the masses are concerned: RAK B'DAM TIHJE LANU HAAREZ, (Eretz Yisroel will be ours only by paying with blood), but as far as our immediate circle is concerned, ATEM TAJLU. The messenger bearing this letter will supply you with funds for this purpose".

The British didn't want them there. They were trying to deter them from coming...

presumably that belief led to this terrorist attack...

The King David Hotel bombing was an attack carried out by the militant right-wing Zionist underground organization Irgun on the King David Hotel in Jerusalem on 22 July 1946. 91 people of various nationalities were killed and 46 were injured.

The hotel was the site of the central offices of the British Mandatory authorities of Palestine, principally the Secretariat of the Government of Palestine and the Headquarters of the British Forces in Palestine and Transjordan. The attack, which initially had the approval of the Haganah (the principal Jewish paramilitary group in Palestine) and was conceived of as a response to Operation Agatha (in which widespread raids,including one on the Jewish Agency, had been carried out), was the deadliest directed at the British during the Mandate era (1920–1948). More people were killed than by any bombing carried out in the subsequent Arab-Israeli conflict.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_David_Hotel_bombing

Your own source... WIKI ...says the motivation for the bombing, was: in response to Operation Agatha.

Irgun committed the attack in response to Operation Agatha, known within Israel then and now as "Black Saturday". British troops had searched the Jewish Agency on June 29 and confiscated large quantities of documents about the group's operations and links with violent groups. The intelligence information was taken to the King David Hotel building in Jerusalem.

Not due to camps that Jews were put in by the British, who were trying to immigrate to Jerusalem.

I don't think you know what camps I am talking about.

Your own source... WIKI ...says the motivation for the bombing, was: in response to Operation Agatha.

Irgun committed the attack in response to Operation Agatha, known within Israel then and now as "Black Saturday". British troops had searched the Jewish Agency on June 29 and confiscated large quantities of documents about the group's operations and links with violent groups. The intelligence information was taken to the King David Hotel building in Jerusalem.

Not due to camps that Jews were put in by the British, who were trying to immigrate to Jerusalem.

I don't think you know what camps I am talking about.

Well, terrorism knows no ideology. Terrorism is terrorism whether the name is Arafat, Dohrn, Hitler, Adams, Bin Ladin, Reno, Mandala, Forsythe, Begin, Kaczynski, McVeigh, etc., etc., .... Neither does the use of terrorism as a tactic to further a cause determine whether or not that cause is valid, just, righteous, etc. And, neither are responses to terrorist attacks equivalent to terrorism.

Refugee camps with Mercedes coming and going....

Not exactly a concentration camp, but if you are calling it one enough some people might believe that.

Disingenuous much? Do you seriously believe that life is good in Palestinian refuge camps?
Coreece: "You sound like some skinheads I know, but your prejudice is with Christians, not niggers..."

Not exactly a concentration camp, but if you are calling it one enough some people might believe that.

Disingenuous much? Do you seriously believe that life is good in Palestinian refuge camps?

Well, I have been calling them "concentration camps" ....but I don't just make this stuff up. How about an opinion from the recent past President of the UN General Assembly ...the Libyan born Ali Abdussalam Treki. That's that's the same unbiased, even-handed UN that oversaw the IAEA director Mohamed ElBaradei who makes excuses for Iran's pursuit of "peaceful" nuclear ...uh ..stuff. ... and who recently applied for a job as leader of the new and improved anti-Israel Egypt. -

"...It is a camp that is worse than the camps of the Nazis in the past." ~A.A. Treki, describing the Gaza camps, but in an effort to place the responsibility for their condition with Israel. These are camps which have existed since 1948 (under Egyptian control until 1967 and now under Palestinian/Arab control) ....and still they live in squalor while Iran's surrogates rain rockets on Israel and then hide behind the Pals when Israel is forced to retaliate.

I take it you have never stepped foot there, I have been to several camps like it in southern Lebanon, others who had been to the ones in Gaza said the ones in Lebanon were worse.

It is the only place I can think of where most live in squalor within sight of mansions and signs of obvious wealth from their own leaders and party loyal.

"...It is a camp that is worse than the camps of the Nazis in the past." ~A.A. Treki, describing the Gaza camps, but in an effort to place the responsibility for their condition with Israel. These are camps which have existed since 1948 (under Egyptian control until 1967 and now under Palestinian/Arab control) ....and still they live in squalor while Iran's surrogates rain rockets on Israel and then hide behind the Pals when Israel is forced to retaliate.

so after 60 years, they must have 100 million bodies buried underneath, or really really bad air pollution from the cremations.