sabre1700

Be extra careful this Saturday!

Everyone please take a few extra precautions, if you are going to be jumping this Saturday, May 21st.

First, all born again Christians please please be sure you have turned on your AAD. The bible really isn't clear on whether your rig will ascend to heaven with your body. And, those left behind really don't need to be dodging empty harness container systems falling from the sky.

Everyone else, be sure to give extra leeway to any reserve parachutes you might see. Keep in mind that if there is no body attached, they will have a very slow descent rate, and could be flying in any direction.

Be sure to ask the pilot, before your first jump, if he or she is born again. You may want to alter your jump plan accordingly. In particular, you should have a clear plan for how low you will exit the aircraft, should the pilot ascend bodily to heaven.

DZO's, this might be a good weekend to schedule atheist pilots, if you have any.

Remember, if you hear a really loud horn on exit, that it may NOT be the stall warning. You might want take a look up into the cockpit. If it is empty that could be your clue to hurry-up the exit.

CRW on this Saturday will be a very risky proposition. The instant ghost plane that could result, may be very difficult to handle for the poor lost souls left behind.

And, if we're all still around the fire at midnight on Saturday, let's have a toast to another rapture dodged.

Blue skies,
Razz

Please DO NOT include all evangelical Christians in the same category as Harold Camping.

Dangerous Airwaves: Harold Camping Refuted and Christ's Church Defended

He's not the first (by a long shot)...and won't be the last. There's a definitive way of determining a false prophet (Deuteronomy 18:22)....we'll find that out tomorrow.

So some Christians will be going, and some won't?:S
It's all getting so complicated.[:/]

Just because I say I'm a skydiver, does that make me a skydiver?

Deuteronomy 18:22 - "When a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the thing does not come about or come true, that is the thing which the Lord has not spoken. The prophet has spoken it presumptuously; you shall not be afraid of him." (NASB, emphasis added)

The 7th Day Adventists were born out of this kind of mess (e.g. 19th Century Millerism). Eisegetical (inserting meaning into the text) versus exegetical (deriving meaning from the text) interpretation. Numerological, "hidden" meaning junk... Application of this aberrant methodology/theology to eschatological (end times) teaching resulting in heretical cultish organizations. Outside of orthodox Christian teaching.

So what you are saying is that if you tell me you are a Christian, then I shouldn't necessarily believe you.;)

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

So what you are saying is that if you tell me you are a Christian, then I shouldn't necessarily believe you.;)

Nothing new brother...

Joseph Smith (Mormonism/Church of Later Day Saints), Edward Miller (7th Day Adventists), Charles Taze Russell (Jehovah's Witnesses), Mary Baker Eddy (Christian Science)...

The Christian church will continue on....even after tomorrow. Harold Camping and Family Life Radio may not...but we'll see. He'll have to come up with a new prophesy, though.

Nothing new brother...

Joseph Smith (Mormonism/Church of Later Day Saints), Edward Miller (7th Day Adventists), Charles Taze Russell (Jehovah's Witnesses), Mary Baker Eddy (Christian Science)...

The Christian church will continue on....even after tomorrow. Harold Camping and Family Life Radio may not...but we'll see. He'll have to come up with a new prophesy, though.

Do I understand that you do not consider Mormons or 7th Day Adventists as christian?
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

So some Christians will be going, and some won't?:S
It's all getting so complicated.[:/]

I think you will find that the majority of "christians" will NOT be going where they think they are going.

Not sure about the "majority" but I agree with you otherwise. We don't know how many people God will save throughout the course of time. However, there are lots and lots who may be getting a surprise. Especially in "Americanized" Christianity. Ours has become very diluted by our culture. That's not to say that everyone isn't negatively affected by their culture to some regard. Everyone brings some baggage to the table when it comes to theology regardless of type/denomination. That said, many in America have forgotten that there's not only a "narrow gate" (Jesus Christ) but also a "narrow way." They claim the title of Christian but live as though God never gave them a law to follow. Often times, you can't "hear what they say because of what they do." Hypocricy on its greatest display...especially on Sunday morning. Not talking about works unto salvation...but evidence of regeneration. If God has changed you...He will make a difference in your life. It's impossible to have an encounter with God and not be changed. For the most part (here), we act as though we (Christians) haven't been changed...and the world is watching...

Do I understand that you do not consider Mormons or 7th Day Adventists as christian?

That is correct. They adopt teachings outside of the essential teachings of Christianity which puts them into the category of a non-Christian cult.

But how do we know they aren't the real Christians, and you are the poser?:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

That is correct. They adopt teachings outside of the essential teachings of Christianity which puts them into the category of a non-Christian cult.

But how do we know they aren't the real Christians, and you are the poser?:D

Because if I interpret scripture in a particular way and say "because that's what the bible says" and my interpretation doesn't match up with 2000 years of historical Christian teaching on the subject, then I have cause for concern that my interpretation is incorrect (speaking of the essentials of the Christian faith, that is). If I'm denying, for instance, the divinity of Jesus Christ or the essence of the Trinity, then I am contrary to what nearly every other theologian in Christianity has determined over the course of history. A good source for determining the essentials with regard to salvation in Christianity can be found in a number of Creeds.

As May twenty first draws closer and closer, I would just like to state for the record, that perhaps my conversion to Atheism was just a little bit hasty. In retropsect, I really have always believed in you Lord Jesus, the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords, the Prince of Peace, and so on and so forth. I was tricked and mislead by some very very bad people. If my understanding of how this all works with you is correct, I need just only ask you for your forgiveness, this request should come in loud and clear to you for the rest of the day.

Your humble and obedient servant, Chris

As May twenty first draws closer and closer, I would just like to state for the record, that perhaps my conversion to Atheism was just a little bit hasty. In retropsect, I really have always believed in you Lord Jesus, the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords, the Prince of Peace, and so on and so forth. I was tricked and mislead by some very very bad people. If my understanding of how this all works with you is correct, I need just only ask you for your forgiveness, this request should come in loud and clear to you for the rest of the day.

Your humble and obedient servant, Chris

I always figured, if the Abrahamic God actually existed, he would probably know when we were lying to him. :P

What about catholics?
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."

What about catholics?

Depends... Those Roman Catholics who place their faith in Jesus Christ alone for their salvation (just like anyone else) will be saved.

What about catholics?

Depends... Those Roman Catholics who place their faith in Jesus Christ alone for their salvation (just like anyone else) will be saved.

What denomination is your church affiliated with?

What?? You, sir, don't know what you're talking about.
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

So if a person strictly follows the guidelines of pretty much any of the other 33,800 christian denominations, (not to mention the 5 billion people of other religions), then they're going to hell. Got it.