jimbrown

What if Jesus didn't die on the cross

[I like your lofty thoughts, but I am afraid your way leads to self deification and destruction.

Why do you consider the Truth that we are god as stated in the Bible and taught by the Master Jesus the Christ to be "self deification"?

Why would that necessarily lead to destruction?
Are you alluding to destruction of your own impossible to defend belief system?

Relax, no one is going to hold those beleifs against you where we are going.
Eventually you will come to the Truth and Enlightenment.
The Master taught that.
So Mote It Be.

Peace,
Jim B

I provided a link to the source. No, I did not come up with the addition, subtraction, multiplication, division analogy. Clete Hux from the Apologetics Resource Center (ARC) in Birmingham, AL did. I've heard him in person before. He is extremely good on the topic. The link (I provided) points to a conversation between Clete and Dr. Harry Reeder (Briarwood Presbyterian Church, Birmingham, AL).

So then you believe as I that we are all gods' children and as brothers and sisters of Jesus the Christ are also every bit as much God as Him?

Peace,
Jim B.

Yes, but since we were created in God's image

So how come we can't create a universe in 6 days? How come we're imperfect?

Of course, we can create God in our own image:P

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Of course, we can create God in our own image:P

You could be correct but that is so dead end, there is nothing to explore and the riches of the spiritual life are left unclaimed. God created us in His image , spiritually(volition, self awareness, emotion, eternal existence, etc). Thankfully He only gave us a limited amount of power to manipulate our surroundings. In our weakness we find our greatest strengths.

Why do you consider the Truth that we are god as stated in the Bible and taught by the Master Jesus the Christ to be "self deification"?

Why would that necessarily lead to destruction?
Are you alluding to destruction of your own impossible to defend belief system?

Our only claim to equality with God is only through faith in Christ and the indwelling of His Word in our minds. If we claim it apart from Christ we are quilty of the same self deification Lucifer originated. If you are saying we are gods through Christ then I would agree you have a point. If you are saying we are gods like Christ then you may find yourself sharing Lucifer future spacial dimensions.

I have to respectively disagree with this also. Nothing personal brother. We, in no way, can claim to be gods, equal woth God, even through faith in Christ. We, as believers, are "seen" as righteous because of wbat Jesus did in our place...but nothing more. That doesn't mean that we are righteous in and of ourselves, it does not buy us equality, and it certainly doesn't make us "little gods" in any way, shape, or fashion. I think you were trying to find common ground with him using semantics but it's wrong. The transaction that took place has to do with justification. Our justification changes how we're seen before God but nothing more.

than it's all vanity...

99.0% of the crap I spew is vanity.

I'd say 100% of the crap you spew is vanity, and that is a big difference...

...and make that 99.5% vanity for me just saying that.

(...and that's also equal to the knowledge about God that I don't know.)

Would you say you know more than .5% about God?
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

One of my favorite sections of scripture:

For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus; whom God displayed publicly as a propitiation in His blood through faith. This was to demonstrate His righteousness, because in the forbearance of God He passed over the sins previously committed; for the demonstration, I say, of His righteousness at the present time, so that He would be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus Christ. (Romans 3:23-26, NASB)

than it's all vanity...

99.0% of the crap I spew is vanity.

I'd say 100% of the crap you spew is vanity, and that is a big difference...

...and make that 99.5% vanity for me just saying that.

(...and that's also equal to the knowledge about God that I don't know.)

Would you say you know more than .5% about God?

I know God like he is my Father, my Brother, my Sun, and Myself.
Yes, I know more than 5% about God and I've explained how you can come to true Enlightenment.
You'll find the answer within, not in a book which was rewritten by the scribe Ezra for political purposes at about 400 BC and rewritten again by Constantine also for political purposes at around 300 AD.

Peace,
Jim B

One of my favorite sections of scripture:

For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus; whom God displayed publicly as a propitiation in His blood through faith. This was to demonstrate His righteousness, because in the forbearance of God He passed over the sins previously committed; for the demonstration, I say, of His righteousness at the present time, so that He would be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus Christ. (Romans 3:23-26, NASB)

Yeah that's beautiful!
I like the Star Belly Sneeches by Dr. Seuss as well. ;)

Hey let me ask you this(and you don't have to reply but consider it in your own mind); You have been blessed with the ability of rational thought. You have been blessed with the ability to create original ideas.
In the Biblical account God tells Adam that if he eats of the tree of knowledge he will surely die.
Jesus tells us that we will never die.

Could it be that the Biblical account is wrong concerning the Tree of Knowledge or was God lying To Adam?

Either the Bible is not Gods' inspired word or God is a liar.

Now back to your ability to reason and to create original ideas, If you have been blessed with these abilities by your God do you think he would rather you grab your faith from the book you've been taught to accept unquestioningly and the teachings of priests or would he prefer you utilize the gifts which he bestowed upon you to come to your Understanding and Enlightenment?

Peace,
Jim B

I have to respectively disagree with this also. Nothing personal brother. We, in no way, can claim to be gods, equal woth God, even through faith in Christ. We, as believers, are "seen" as righteous because of wbat Jesus did in our place...but nothing more.

Did Jesus teach that the body is a temple?
Doesn't God dwell within the Temple?

Are you your body or are you your Soul?

Jesus taught that we are all God.

And exactly as He , We are all his Children my Brother!

Peace,
Jim B

If you are saying we are gods like Christ then you may find yourself sharing Lucifer future spacial dimensions.

I am saying that we are all gods exactly as the Christ stated.
We are all Men exactly as the Christ was.
The only difference between The Master Jesus the Christ and yourself is that he gained a higher education and Understanding.

The good news is that if he could reach that level of knowledge and conciousness than you can as well.

Forget the crap about Lucifer and all the old ways.
There is no hell or everlasting torment

Don't you believe that their is a plan for the cosmos and that everything is part of the plan?
Everyone and everything is in perfect harmony with the plan. There is no reason for punishment, segregation , nor retribution.

Peace,
Jim B

So then you believe as I that we are all gods' children and as brothers and sisters of Jesus the Christ are also every bit as much God as Him?

Peace,
Jim B.

Let's talk about 6 days of creation.

This is demonstrably false on two levels.

Most importantly the Spirit world knows no time. All is one moment.
Secondly , According to the Bible the Sun was created on the first day. According to Jewish tradition one day is from sundown until sundown.
If the sun had not been in existence there could have been no sundown prior to the sunrise at it's creation. So if Jewish tradition is correct , and a day is sundown until sundown, the time period during which the sun was created cannot be considered a day.
Further , as we know that sundown until sundown requires the rotation of the Earth we can't start counting "days" of creation until the earth is created.

Thus the 1st day would be after both the Sun and the Earth had been created.

So either Jewish tradition is wrong or the biblical timeline of creation needs some tweeking. ;)

So you have 4 days to create an universe professor.

You can do it within the time it takes to have the thought to do it.

Peace,
Jim B

Yes, I know more than 5% about God and I've explained how you can come to true Enlightenment.

No, no you haven't

You'll find the answer within, not in a book which was rewritten by the scribe Ezra for political purposes at about 400 BC and rewritten again by Constantine also for political purposes at around 300 AD.

Why would the Catholics conclude a book and do the complete opposite?

Feel free to write your own book of vanity and explain your own bizzare delusions of grandeur just like Smith and Hubbard....You people are a dime a dozen.

I'm sticking with the Truth.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Hey let me ask you this(and you don't have to reply but consider it in your own mind); You have been blessed with the ability of rational thought. You have been blessed with the ability to create original ideas. In the Biblical account God tells Adam that if he eats of the tree of knowledge he will surely die. Jesus tells us that we will never die. Could it be that the Biblical account is wrong concerning the Tree of Knowledge or was God lying To Adam?

One can take something so far out of context or mix differing things out of context and make something up that has absolutely nothing to do with the original intent of the author. The rationale above is so wrong. It completely misses the theological point. The bible is an unfolding/progressive revelation of God’s plan of salvation for His people from Genesis to Revelation. Genesis describes the disobedience of Adam & Eve and the consequence of that disobedience. From then on, there are types/shadows in the OT of the Redeemer to come who will save God’s people (e.g. The ram provided to Abram by God in place of Isaac, the blood from the spotless lamb on the doorposts during the Passover, the delivery of the Hebrew people out of bondage in Egypt, the complex description of the Tabernacle in Leviticus, the valley of dry bones in Isaiah, etc.)….The fulfillment of all of this in the NT when Jesus came and performed His work on the cross. Long story – short…We died “in Adam”…we are made alive “in Christ.” As a matter of fact, Jesus is many times referred to as the "New Adam."

Either the Bible is not Gods' inspired word or God is a liar.

Or the Bible is God's word and God's word holds true. Logically, you must include this possibility.

Now back to your ability to reason and to create original ideas, If you have been blessed with these abilities by your God do you think he would rather you grab your faith from the book you've been taught to accept unquestioningly and the teachings of priests or would he prefer you utilize the gifts which he bestowed upon you to come to your Understanding and Enlightenment?

We are to use our minds in the process of coming to faith in Christ. It is reasonable. He does not describe some mystical transcendental process. Faith and reason go together.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.
(Romans 12:2)

Added: Without the "special revelation" of scripture, we would be left with merely the "general revelation" demonstrated in the creation and our conscience. Neither of which are sufficient to save.

Did Jesus teach that the body is a temple?
Doesn't God dwell within the Temple?

Are you your body or are you your Soul?

Jesus taught that we are all God.

And exactly as He , We are all his Children my Brother!

Peace,
Jim B

If you have kids, have you ever noticed that, before they learn to tie their shoes, they sometimes try and tie or untie them and it all winds up in a very twisted mess? A mess that takes quite a while to unwind. It's hard to do sometimes when you're late for work and you're in a hurry. THIS is some "Twisted Scripture."

Who's drinking the koolaid? You almost have a rational argument for God at times until you throw in the 6 thousand year old earth crap. The great flood? I'm embarrassed for you.

If you only held the other sciences like medicine and aviation to the same rigors you hold to geology and evolutionary science, but then you would never take a med or step foot on a plane.

Who's drinking the koolaid? You almost have a rational argument for God at times until you throw in the 6 thousand year old earth crap. The great flood? I'm embarrassed for you.

If you only held the other sciences like medicine and aviation to the same rigors you hold to geology and evolutionary science, but then you would never take a med or step foot on a plane.

I just wanted to say your avatar is very fitting for this thread :)
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

My wife is a doctor. She also holds the same theological views I do.

My wife is a doctor. She also holds the same theological views I do.

Of course she does. Ephesians 5 22-23 dictates that she submits to your authority. She obviously "knows her place".
Keep your pimp hand strong, Jaybird.:S
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

>My wife is a doctor. She also holds the same theological views I do.

I am also certain that she is a good enough doctor that she heeds conclusions based on scientific evidence rather than theology. There are a great many devout Christians who are also good doctors - but they all share a willingness to put science above religion, at least professionally.