Gravitymaster

Should Iran be Allowed to Produce Nuclear Weapons?

Iran may be run by fanatical ayatollahs and akhonds (high ranking mullahs) but they're not that stupid. If Iran were to nuke Israel for any reason, the USA would nuke them back. This is nothing more than Iran trying to deter Israel.

Deter Israel from doing what? I don't recall Israel ever taking anything but a defensive position in regards to Iran.

So why does Israel require billions of dollars of American money ? Why does Israel need nuclear weapons ?

err, maybe because countries like Iran keep saying it should be wiped off the map?

And as for your previous post, Iran will not nuke Israel. Iran's tactics it to use proxy wars through Hamas and Hezbollah and not face Israel directly. IF I had to guess, a nuke (or at least a dirty bomb) will end up going off somewhere in the western world by a nameless or locationless terrorist organization so there is no clear "return address"
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

There is no difference between Hamas and the IDF. One just has a more tactical way of blowing up innocents ;)

If the IDF laid down their arms tomorrow, Israel would be over run and their would be mass slaughter. If Hamas laid down their arms, their would be peace.

I have never heard any Israeli leader state their goal was to wipe hamas of anyone elso off the face of the Earth. I cannot say the same thing about Hamas, Hezbullah and other Islamic groups including the leader of Iran.

If Israel would make a reasonable deal with the Palestinians, there would be no fighting. Quit demolishing Palestinian homes for greedy settlers and give the Palestinians their land back.

I agree with gravitymaster. It would be a lot easier to bring peace if the PLO hadn't turned into a corrupt organization. They have no interest in peace because that would diminish there message and grip they have on the people in the "concentration camps". Iran funnels money and power to these people to keep the war going.

Even though wrongs have been committed against the Palestinians in the past, we have continually tried to make right in the now. However, so much hate is being taught that instead of doing right now the Palestinians are doing wrong. They don't want peace, they want revenge and Iran is fueling the flames of hate.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

>When did that happen?

rewriting history?
I assume you're talking about the nuclear reactor. so:
1) It wss in IRAQ, not Iran.
2) It was a military target, not a civilian target and to remind you, the 2 countries were in a state of war.
3) That strike is the reason why the "coalition" didn't face a nuclear Iraq in the first Gulf war, when Hussein invaded Kuwait.

Israel took a lot of heat for that back then, only to be thanked for it years later.
I don't understand why people think Israel should "stop" Iran on its own. It's not just Israel's problem and I'm not sure Israel even CAN do it on its own,
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

Yeah, I'm serious. Ahmadinejad's belief in the return of the 12th Imam isn't anything new. Just google it and there will be many sources you will find acceptable including the BBC and PBS who have carried news reports on this. I should ask you if you are seriously unaware of this.

Yup, I was unaware of this until I opened this thread, and my search turns up some shoddy sources -- nothing like PBS or BBC as you mentioned.

Nevertheless, in light of Ahmadinejad's intentions, made known through his very provocative rhetoric over the years, I voted no in the poll.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

Salam sola no moborak.

One other issuie that worries me is this. If the current Iranian government gets nuclear weapons they will be very difficult to remove. They shown in the past that they will use any means necessary to hold on to power. I would like it if any means doesn't include a mushroom cloud.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain