tkhayes

Wikileaks nomination for Nobel....

Let me clarify..... I BELIEVE that OJ got away with murder. He was found not guilty. If he was found 'innocent' then he could not likely have been found 'liable' in the civil case that followed. That might be a vague example, but I know that there is more to the definitions than that.

I'd say he's caught you here. You have to at least admit to some inconsistency.

this is not particular answer to tk. i just clicked the last post in this mega thread...

At the moment of writting this message American toorps are at least in 5 foreign countries. They officially "protect the interests of the USA". Actually, they are occupying foreign territories. Media in the USA convinced the most of the citizens these actions are "legitimate" and "needed" and... blah-blah

Actually if it comes to the interests of the American Rulling Class any "evidence" and any "proof" can be produced to convince the masses to think in this or that way.

They convinced the public that Sadam has the "weapons of mass destruction" and consequently bombed and occupied Iraq. For the rulling class, producing the evidence of Obama's birth certificat proofing he was born on the Moon would be as easy as zapping to next TV channel for you and me... Get real. some interests are above the interests of the citizens and above the interests of the State.

You have to at least admit to some inconsistency.

OK I am inconsistent in one statement. Does that default to every that I ever said or believe to be true is now defunct, non-existent and removed from all use in the universe?

If OJ is innocent, then so is Assange. plain and simple.

Before I get accused of 'inconsistent' after clarifying what I said, I would still assert that there is a legal difference between 'not guilty' and 'innocent'

example: http://www.adsense2.com/duvall/innocent.html

So I am actually allowed to believe that OJ was not innocent of murder, and yet I still agreed that he was found not guilty.(obvious). There is plenty of evidence to discuss. gloves, DNA, bigoted police officers, etc.

What evidence is there to discuss with Assange? Any. hello? anyone??

so much dancing. And you switched from Manning back to Assaunge, which is a very different matter (iow, swedish kangaroo court).

It's funny - you want to be very precise when it comes to treason charges with Manning. But now you want to have your cake and eat it to wrt OJ being found not guilty.

It's a defensible stance, but it drips just a little bit of hypocrisy given your proclamation that both of these guys are heros and innocent.

he was found 'not guilty' I beg to differ.

OK semantics... You have also said (post #820): "He is innocent until proven guilty. period. It's in the constitution. And its in the facts as they stand today."

So if OJ was found not guilty, and since he is innocent till PROVEN guilty... then he is innocent.

Your words, not mine. You can't hold fast to "innocent till proven guilty" in one case (Assange) and then play fast and loose in another (OJ).

Let me clarify..... I BELIEVE that OJ got away with murder.

OK and B-D and mnealtx are saying the SAME type of thing about Assange.

Assange is wanted by Swedish authorities for questioning in connection with one count of unlawful coercion, two counts of sexual molestation and one count of rape. He is being held without bail by the UK.

Eric Holder has said Assange put national security at risk.

Now, he is not guilty of any of those crimes... He is accused of some and the US is looking to decide what he might be charged with.

Your anger should be at the UK for not sending him to Sweden already.

It's a defensible stance, but it drips just a little bit of hypocrisy given your proclamation that both of these guys are heros and innocent.

I never said Manning was innocent, nor did I refer to him as my hero. Assange is my hero. Manning is probably in a world of shit. I do believe that Manning will not be treated fairly in a trial. I also believe that he will spend years in solitary confinement before ever getting to a trial, if he ever does.

That is wrong IMO

I do believe that Manning will not be treated fairly in a trial. I also believe that he will spend years in solitary confinement before ever getting to a trial, if he ever does.

That is wrong IMO

yes, but like OJ getting tried twice for the same crime, I somehow can't quite feel too bad about it.

For the one thousandth time....just because you are not aware of damage does not mean there was none. Are you so naive to think everything is now public knowledge just because some asshole published some STOLEN material? Ypou seem to ignore the FACT that this material was STOLEN. But hey, the end, no matter how insignificant, always justifies the means...right?

and for the 100th time, the country has a constitution that DEMANDS innocence until proven guilty.

You are making claims of guilt without any proof. You have made numerous false claims without a shred of evidence and the type of persecution that you are advocating is something out of the dark ages.

so grow up.

According to your logic he has to be convicted before charges are made.
Yep, that'll work.:S
Again, just because you have no knowledge of something does not mean it does not exist. Unless you work for the government agency investigating Assange you have no idea what evidence they do or don't have.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

wow, that's as good as it gets? One diplomatic expulsion results in a USA man-hunt for Assange, treason, conspiracy and solitary confinement for Manning with a possible death penalty?

That is all you got? Really?

wow.

NEVER understimate the lengths that the FAR right warmongering chickenhawks will go to demonize anyone who does not goose step along with them.

Manning is an idiot. He did great disservice to the uniform and needs to be prosecuted under the UCMJ.

Assange.. is nothing more than a publicity seeking narcissist.

That said what was realeased was an embarrasement to this government and did far less damage to any covert operations past or present than what the idiots in the White House did to expose CIA operations themselves on a couple occasions.

wow, that's as good as it gets? One diplomatic expulsion results in a USA man-hunt for Assange, treason, conspiracy and solitary confinement for Manning with a possible death penalty?

That is all you got? Really?

wow.

it was a headline yesterday, so it seemed relevant. Wasn't intended as a comprehensive summation.

Also amusing - corrupt Latin American upset at being called out for it. This would seem to be a case where the US parties were acting responsibly, yet paying a price for the leak.