kallend

More security theatre

Best not criticize the TSA. The airline pilot who shot video of the ground crew passing through the security checkpoint by inserting their cards and walking through unchecked has been visited by a army of TSA and local LE folks . Also had his concealed carry permit revoked.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

SACRAMENTO, CA - An airline pilot is being disciplined by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) for posting video on YouTube pointing out what he believes are serious flaws in airport security.

Update: Whistleblowing pilot explains why he did it

The 50-year-old pilot, who lives outside Sacramento, asked that neither he nor his airline be identified. He has worked for the airline for more than a decade and was deputized by the TSA to carry a gun in the cockpit.

He is also a helicopter test pilot in the Army Reserve and flew missions for the United Nations in Macedonia.

Three days after he posted a series of six video clips recorded with a cell phone camera at San Francisco International Airport, four federal air marshals and two sheriff's deputies arrived at his house to confiscate his federally-issued firearm. The pilot recorded that event as well and provided all the video to News10.

At the same time as the federal marshals took the pilot's gun, a deputy sheriff asked him to surrender his state-issued permit to carry a concealed weapon.

A follow-up letter from the sheriff's department said the CCW permit would be reevaluated following the outcome of the federal investigation.

The YouTube videos, posted Nov. 28, show what the pilot calls the irony of flight crews being forced to go through TSA screening while ground crew who service the aircraft are able to access secure areas simply by swiping a card.

"As you can see, airport security is kind of a farce. It's only smoke and mirrors so you people believe there is actually something going on here," the pilot narrates.

Video shot in the cockpit shows a medieval-looking rescue ax available on the flight deck after the pilots have gone through the metal detectors. "I would say a two-foot crash ax looks a lot more formidable than a box cutter," the pilot remarked.

A letter from the TSA dated Dec. 6 informed the pilot that "an administrative review into your deputation status as a Federal Flight Deck Officer has been initiated."

According to the letter, the review was directly related to the discovery by TSA staff of the YouTube videos. "The content and subject of these videos may have violated regulations concerning disclosure of sensitive security information," the letter said.

The pilot's attorney, Don Werno of Santa Ana, said he believed the federal government sent six people to the house to send a message.

"And the message was you've angered us by telling the truth and by showing America that there are major security problems despite the fact that we've spent billions of dollars allegedly to improve airline safety," Werno said.

The pilot said he is not in trouble with his airline, but a supervisor asked him to remove public access to the YouTube videos.

He does, however, face potential civil penalties from the TSA. He said he would likely go public when it becomes clear what the government plans to do with him.

By George Warren, [email protected]

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I have been screaming about this stuff tellin you how much a joke TSA and airport security is for years now. Nobody believes the stuff I tell them. It's all smoke to make the "feel gooders" fell safe. If I could do it without losing my job I would video some stuff that would blow your mind away.

Until you get rid of the idiot wannabe federal rent-a-cops who dont know shit and lock this shit down this is what we will have. But when it comes down to it if someone is really determined to do some bad shit no security in the world can stop someone who is really determined.

The goon's goin to the guys house for obvious payback was enough to make me sick!
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

To all:
-Write your state and federal representatives.
-Call your state and federal representatives.
-Harangue your state and federal representatives.
- Write your President.
- Call your President.
- Harangue your President.

The ONLY way to get this madness stopped is through the same bozos and their follow-ups who initiated it.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Some good news related to this incident:
http://www.news10.net/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=113776&provider=top:

"Rather than going out and fixing the problem, they're going out and harassing the person that brought it to their attention," said Congressman Peter Hoekstra, a Republican from Michigan.

Hoekstra is the ranking member on the House Intelligence Committee. He believes the TSA will have to respond.

"These folks need to take public input and they need to revise their standards and their procedures. It's called continuous improvement. We do it in the private sector every day. [The] TSA needs to do it as well."
---------------------------------

And some bad news...

"The TSA doesn't see it that way.

Nico Melendez, a spokesman based in Los Angeles, said "The TSA is confident in the tools the airport has implemented and reminds passengers there are security measures in place that are both seen and unseen."

The thing that has me puzzled is this pilot already get to bypass security becuase he carries a firearm with him. So he is bitching about people able to bypass security just like he does.

I am tired of the BS TSA pulls in the so called name of security. With the fondeling of my balls to taking my shave cream because it is 4oz. I can handle smoke and mirrors but now it is just going too far and is a complete waste. Not every object can be screened before entering. If it did it would bring every airport to a crashing STOP!

To all:
-Write your state and federal representatives.
-Call your state and federal representatives.
-Harangue your state and federal representatives.
- Write your President.
- Call your President.
- Harangue your President.

The ONLY way to get this madness stopped is through the same bozos and their follow-ups who initiated it.

And vote with your dollars and your feet. Vacation locally if you can. Drive anywhere you can. Make sure the above people and the airlines are aware of your decisions.

Elvisio "I know, I know, easier said than done" Rodriguez

The thing that has me puzzled is this pilot already get to bypass security becuase he carries a firearm with him. So he is bitching about people able to bypass security just like he does.

The pilot doesn't have to rely on a gun or bomb to make the plane go 'boom' - all he has to do is push the yoke, no?

I've not been at the airport since the 'flight crew bypass' went into effect, but the last time I *did* fly, in November, flight crew and their carryons went through the scanners just like the passengers did. I'm betting the carryon baggage is still being x-rayed, even if the pilots aren't.

Do the maintenance crew and baggage handlers have to go through scanners / item xray before getting near the planes?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Do the maintenance crew and baggage handlers have to go through scanners / item xray before getting near the planes?

From the article:
"The YouTube videos, posted Nov. 28, show what the pilot calls the irony of flight crews being forced to go through TSA screening while ground crew who service the aircraft are able to access secure areas simply by swiping a card. "

From the article:
"The YouTube videos, posted Nov. 28, show what the pilot calls the irony of flight crews being forced to go through TSA screening while ground crew who service the aircraft are able to access secure areas simply by swiping a card. "

Saw that, but I'm presuming that's ramp access. Do they have to go through anything before that?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Bag smashers from what I can tell go through. Maintenance crews do not go. They swipe in a door with a guard at it and go under. I work at a hangar on the other side of the airfield and all I do is show my badge to a guard. If I am flyin for any reason I CANNOT bypass security I have to get X-ray. Dont get me wrong I hope like hell I dont have to get stripped everyday I go to work. I just hate how they (TSA & HS) keep saying everything is secured when it's not. I know they cant say "well security is half asses but it's the best we can do" so I understand the dog &pony show but the stuff they are coming up with now is goin to far.

From the article:

Saw that, but I'm presuming that's ramp access. Do they have to go through anything before that?

I was reading it as a "No" but....

Christmas Day travelers were delayed getting to their destinations after a security breach at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport.

TSA screeners said a passenger skipped going through a secondary security checkpoint inside Terminal B on Saturday.

The issue forced all passengers to be rescreened, including those who were already aboard American Eagle flights.

Sixty-five flights were delayed, for 30 minutes up to as much as two hours. An airport spokesman said 40 flights coming into DFW were also delayed because of the issue.

The flights finally took off after they were all searched.

The TSA and the airport did not provide any specifics on the passenger who caused the delays.

SOURCE: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40808873/ns/local_news-dallasfort_worth_tx/

Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.