billvon

New GOP congressman demands his government health care

Name 5 people you know that have gotten Health Care benefits from the first day they started a new job. Military peeps aside.

There are lots of companies that cover from the start, and lots that don't.

I have no idea what the numbers are, but both sides are significant.

Wendy P.

My jobs have probably been 50/50 if I looked back at them. All private sector, some for-profit, two not-for-profit, ranging in size from 50 employees to 100,000+. I don't think I've had to wait any longer than "first of the month following date of hire" but I have had to wait.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Name 5 people you know that have gotten Health Care benefits from the first day they started a new job. Military peeps aside.

There are lots of companies that cover from the start, and lots that don't.

I have no idea what the numbers are, but both sides are significant.

Wendy P.

My jobs have probably been 50/50 if I looked back at them. All private sector, some for-profit, two not-for-profit, ranging in size from 50 employees to 100,000+. I don't think I've had to wait any longer than "first of the month following date of hire" but I have had to wait.

first of the month following hire has dominated, and I've worked for a pretty long list of companies.

In general, this is the most efficient for a job transition - the prior company paid for the month, or you did via COBRA.

If, otoh, you let it lapse, you might have a 6 month preexisting condition clause that means you're not getting effective insurance for 6 months plus the first of the month.

and practically speaking, unless you fill out your paperwork the first day before you leave the office, you're not in a great position to make a claim that occurred before the application is recorded. They will try to squirm, or make your prior insurance pay.

There are what ... maybe 10 GOP politicians that you DON"T consider to be RINO's.

That is the problem with the GOP, they have been completely and utterly co-opted by the nutbag wing of the party with NO middle ground at all and no desire to actually govern anything that is not mandated from the pulpits of America.[:/][:/]

:D

As I have stated before
You are so far left, NASCAR drivers must look like they are turning right around the ovals :D

You can state any kind of squat you want....It is painfully obvious you have not actually read many of the things I have actually posted. not that much of what you state holds very much validity:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

In your very little closed off fantasy land.... 98% of the people of this country are liberals since anyone who is not rfar right on track with you seems to get that label from you and your fellow travellers.

There are what ... maybe 10 GOP politicians that you DON"T consider to be RINO's.

That is the problem with the GOP, they have been completely and utterly co-opted by the nutbag wing of the party with NO middle ground at all and no desire to actually govern anything that is not mandated from the pulpits of America.[:/][:/]

:D

As I have stated before
You are so far left, NASCAR drivers must look like they are turning right around the ovals :D

You can state any kind of squat you want....It is painfully obvious you have not actually read many of the things I have actually posted. not that much of what you state holds very much validity:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

In your very little closed off fantasy land.... 98% of the people of this country are liberals since anyone who is not rfar right on track with you seems to get that label from you and your fellow travellers.

Around and around they go and where to the right

Amazon knows:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln