kallend

Thank goodness that's over!

I have never before heard so many disgusting attack ads - from all sides - in an election campaign.

I'd like them ALL to lose.

When was the last election that you DIDN'T hear or make that statement? Ever since I started paying attention I have heard it in every single election. I say, "A plaque on both their houses." I would like to see a candidate who said nothing abut the opponent but only what he/she was indending to do. Even if they said they were going to take all the bribes they could get and all their freinds were going to get rich. As long as they said nothing about their opponent, I would seriously consider voting for them.

Ever since I saw "Brewster's Millions" I have looked for the box that said, "None of the Above". But that was just a movie.
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

I think negative advertising should be banned... now we just have to get that through congress, the politicians, etc... oh wait... nevermind that'll never happen... :|

I hate most negative political ads, too; but a ban would be unconstitutional.
I understand that... my commentary was mostly intended to be taken in jest...

you could make them be 100% fctual and in full context.

Really? So you didn't vote for any of them ...

Well, in IL for US Senator we had a choice between a failed and possibly crooked banker, and a proven pathological liar. Which one would you choose?

Write-in Candidate ...
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

Really? So you didn't vote for any of them ...

Well, in IL for US Senator we had a choice between a failed and possibly crooked banker, and a proven pathological liar. Which one would you choose?

Smartass comment #1 - Which was which and how could you tell?

Smartass comment #2 - And how was this different than any of the other elections??
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I have never before heard so many disgusting attack ads - from all sides - in an election campaign.

To bad we are the ones that really lose.

Our best leaders will never lead. Its not about the best for the country anymore. Its all about who can make the other guy look worse. Sheep we are all becoming. Red or Blue, makes no difference. They real leaders with real ideas don't stand a chance. [:/]
Dom

but a ban would be unconstitutional.

They should be forced to ONLY talk about the issues. They should be forced to actually give an answer when asked a question.

Service members give up some basic constitutional rights when joining the military by signing a contract and taking an oath. Politicians should do the same. If they break that contract they should be sent to jail and never be allowed to hold office again.
Dom

The sky will still be blue, the grass will still be green and Washington DC will remnain corrupt.[:/] Don't get your hopes up over this latest "landslide mandate of the righteous pissed off". Seen it too often before.B|

Just as a clarification the OP was complaining about negative advertising in campaign advertizing and said nothing about the outcomes of the elections...

but sadly that won't go away either... we just won't have to see the advertisments for a little while...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

The sky will still be blue, the grass will still be green and Washington DC will remnain corrupt.[:/] Don't get your hopes up over this latest "landslide mandate of the righteous pissed off". Seen it too often before.B|

Just as a clarification the OP was complaining about negative advertising in campaign advertizing and said nothing about the outcomes of the elections...

but sadly that won't go away either... we just won't have to see the advertisments for a little while...

Right you are and regarding the OP, I would like to think a multitude of supreme beings that the mid term election is history. As of yesterday my landline was plugged back in for the first time in seven days. "Hello, this is Pat Boone, yes Pat Boone the old singer, singing the praises of Ron Paul blah, blah, blah....:S
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.