FreeFlyer2100

Is the college covering it's own ass??

Giving my tax dollars away to non citizens, however, is, in no way, acceptable.

Sure comes across like whining before you know if there's actually anything to whine about..

Here, I'll put the whole thing here and you can avoid chopping it up and read it all at once. ***Giving my tax dollars away to non citizens, however is in no way acceptable.

That money, if there was any given out, should have been given to a US CITIZEN that has worked hard and put forth effort.

So you admit you don't know if there's a problem, but you were whining anyway.

So you admit you cut his post up to support your argument but you failed and are now whining. :D

Your arguments get more pathetic by the day.

Are you saying he is windmilling?

Who'd have EVER expcted THAT?:ph34r:

Why don't you check to see if the problem exists BEFORE whining about it?

You are sounding like a broken record. If you cannot think of anything better to say than that . . . We know you desperately want to find some way to try to dimish me, and your attempts really are Leftyish . . . but please, find something pertinant to say on the thread subject, if you can.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

You are sounding like a broken record. If you cannot think of anything better to say than that .

I don't need to. You whined about some "maybe" occurrence that you don't even know happened and now you're trying to weasel out of it by attacking me for pointing out your whining. That's all there is to it.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

You are sounding like a broken record. If you cannot think of anything better to say than that . . . We know you desperately want to find some way to try to dimish me, and your attempts really are Leftyish . . . but please, find something pertinant to say on the thread subject, if you can.

A true Sophist need not have any real measage or point to share. So, responding to one is a waste of good time:P
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

You are sounding like a broken record. If you cannot think of anything better to say than that .

I don't need to. You whined about some "maybe" occurrence that you don't even know happened and now you're trying to weasel out of it by attacking me for pointing out your whining. That's all there is to it.

You, um, left out a little of what you quoted.

Here is the important part - "but please, find something pertinant to say on the thread subject, if you can."

Evidently you can't, or you think that I am actually the topic here. Either way, it does tell us alot about you.

Do you have an opinion wether she should be let off and not prosecuted or not?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Why don't you quit whining?
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Why don't you quit whining?

After you, JP.

.250 lexan sheet,
Assorted drillbits,
a couple of boxes of 18-8 stainless hex cap screws, various sizes
Matching locknuts,
A leather jacket,
Some self adhesive sponge rubber,
a helmet,
2 pairs of rollerblades
and a chainsaw.
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

.250 lexan sheet,
Assorted drillbits,
a couple of boxes of 18-8 stainless hex cap screws, various sizes
Matching locknuts,
A leather jacket,
Some self adhesive sponge rubber,
a helmet,
2 pairs of rollerblades
and a chainsaw.

Sounds like your Frankenstein wingsuit, Brian.

Would somebody please give Kallend a bump. He's stuck in the whining groove.

That's not a groove, that's a chasm. :D

Wow, I was going to go with Canyon, but Chasm is much better.

Another article on her indicates she worked nights to pay her tuition.

http://restorefairness.org/2010/04/will-immigration-reform-pass-this-year-olympian-medalist-hopes-so/

In a case like this, I'm not sure what the right thing to do is. The crime wasn't hers; it was her parents'. She was ten years old and had no control over where her parents took her, she has no ties to Mexico and doesn't even remember it well. The other side is that she is illegal, and offering her legalization could make the overall situation worse. I think the best solution has already been arrived at... let her finish her education, go back to Mexico, and reapply for entry. With a college degree, hopefully she has a good chance, and worst case, she'll have an advantage in Mexico due to her education.

Another article on her indicates she worked nights to pay her tuition.

http://restorefairness.org/2010/04/will-immigration-reform-pass-this-year-olympian-medalist-hopes-so/

In a case like this, I'm not sure what the right thing to do is. The crime wasn't hers; it was her parents'. She was ten years old and had no control over where her parents took her, she has no ties to Mexico and doesn't even remember it well. The other side is that she is illegal, and offering her legalization could make the overall situation worse. I think the best solution has already been arrived at... let her finish her education, go back to Mexico, and reapply for entry. With a college degree, hopefully she has a good chance, and worst case, she'll have an advantage in Mexico due to her education.

Did she have a choice if she falsified her records or not?

I haven't seen any evidence of falsified records. If she did so of her own accord (rather than her parents doing so for her when she was a child, because she may or may not have known) then she should face consequences for that. If she was honest and the school admitted her anyway (it's happened, especially if the student is not applying for aid, which is where a lot of the checks on that would be) then that is the school's error and she is not at fault. Also, are we certain that the school does not admit illegal aliens? I haven't seen a statement from the school, just a politician.

I haven't seen any evidence of falsified records. If she did so of her own accord (rather than her parents doing so for her when she was a child, because she may or may not have known) then she should face consequences for that. If she was honest and the school admitted her anyway (it's happened, especially if the student is not applying for aid, which is where a lot of the checks on that would be) then that is the school's error and she is not at fault. Also, are we certain that the school does not admit illegal aliens? I haven't seen a statement from the school, just a politician.

From the enrollment application

I saw that... but do you have any evidence that this individual misrepresented her status? Or are you simply making that assumption? She may have answered the question honestly and the school decided to admit her anyway, or didn't pay attention to her answer.

Also, she could have had a SSN. From the social security website: "The requirements are strict not only to obtain a driver’s license but to obtain a social security number as well. The Social Security Administration issues three different types of social security cards. ... The final card is issued to foreigners for non-work purposes and states “not valid for employment.”

On the same page a little further down it asks your citizenship/immigration status.

Really? "John Millsaps with the university system said college applications do not routinely ask about citizenship, only about state residency. The question of immigration status becomes an issue only if the college applicant says they are from another country. Out-state-students and exchange students pay four times the in-state rate and Colotl was assumed to be a Georgia resident because she graduated from a DeKalb County high school."

http://www.ajc.com/news/cobb/police-hunt-for-undocumented-526173.html

And... She was admitted in 2006, just before the university began charging the higher tuition rate to illegal immigrants, according to a university statement.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2010/0514/College-student-and-illegal-immigrant-Should-she-stay-or-go

So, if the college is charging higher tuition to illegal immigrants, they are obviously admitting them. As she was admitted in 2006, at that time, I'm guessing the application only asked for the home address for residency purposes, and did not ask for immigration status.