Andy9o8

Doctor to Patients Who Voted for Obama: Get Your Treatment Elsewhere

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."-1st. Amendment

Still in the US Constitution for you, me, liberals, conservatives, left and right wingers and even doctors.

I would guess that it supercedes the AMA.

Politically expedient-probably not.
A good business decision-time will tell.

Taking the Hippocratic oath as a medical doctor is an option; he didn't have to take it but he did.

The Constitution is not relevant in the matter of whether or not he violated the code of ethics of his profession.

It is now The Hypocritical Oath, befitting a party that has so embraced hypocrisy as a creed in all things

I would go elsewhere regardless of who I voted for.
Personally, I want my physicians to care more about medicine than politics - or at least make me think that they do.

As someone who works in the medical industry... A physicians practice is his private business. He is responsible to to keep it afloat and turn a profit just like any other small business owner. Many physicians don't take patients that are apart of the state funded program medicaid. Why? Too much paperwork and too little reimbursement; if they even get reimbursed.

Look up, "fiduciary duty" and tell us about that.

And what type of constitution do you have in Zimbabwe?

And the US Constitution is overated?
It's all that we have, regardless of your politics.

Read my profile, it's not real. Ok, on to the thread....

You didn't address my post, here it is with highlights:

Yes, the US gov could not prosecute, persecute him for this; you're arguing a moot point. But you cannot use the constitution as an affirmative defense in an administrative action against his license to practice or a civil suit where a patient became ill and sued for malpratice. Hell, ya have all ya need for negligence or intentional infliction of distress of some kind. All of his patients should immediately tell him they voted for Obama and they basically own him. He has to cut them or continue to see them under the belief thatthey will receive substandard care ala conflict of interest. You can ignore it all day, it won't change.

Freedom of speech is not a blank check to walk up to a strange girl and call her a whore, a black person and call him a nigger, a gay person and call him a faggot. In fact, they even aggravate these offenses by calling them hate crimes, at least the latter two. Some people need to take a justice class or two, don't get too excited about the US Const, it really is overstated and any claim must have a federal apsect to it, you can't just scream "CONSTITUTION" evertime you get stuck; it's not a blank check.

OK, most people misunderstand the US Const, I was in traffic court years ago and a defendant said he had the right under the constitution to have a shaded license plate lense on it, Ok, so can we understand the constitution before we wave it around, whether it is all we have or not, you can't just wave it and expect a free pass. If you read the first it has nothing to do with this issue. No one is saying he could be criminally tried for hanging the sign, but he could be revoked as a licensed doctor and/or sued for malpractice, perhaps even some form of discrimination, altho that works under protected classes and political parties aren't that.

Now, care to address the issue?

Personally, I want my physicians to care more about medicine than politics - or at least make me think that they do.

As someone who works in the medical industry... A physicians practice is his private business. He is responsible to to keep it afloat and turn a profit just like any other small business owner. Many physicians don't take patients that are apart of the state funded program medicaid. Why? Too much paperwork and too little reimbursement; if they even get reimbursed.

And your point is?

Point is he thinks a doctor can ignore the AMA, the state licensing board and any civil lawsuit; doctors are above that.

And your point is?

Point is he thinks a doctor can ignore the AMA, the state licensing board and any civil lawsuit; doctors are above that.

How's the weather up on that high horse?
A physician in private practice is totally free to post that sign in his window and also free to make his/her own decisions on who he/she will or will not treat.
I think it's stupid and the guy would lose my business, but who knows maybe he's crazy like a fox. He sure is getting a lot of free publicity.

This whole thread is a mere microcosm of the bigger problem we face here in Amerika. You're not allowed to think, say, or feel those things anymore. You're not allowed to run your business the way you see fit. We're so full of "not allowed" anymore...it's fucking bullshit.

You think you live in a free country...that ship sailed ages ago.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

So your deduction is that liberals are pussies?

The constant "I'm telling on you" mentality indicates a pussy

Brilliant and a medical proessional hanging a bias-filled sign on his ddoor that is likely to offend about 1/2 of his clients is your definition of tough?

His door

I guess uttering the words, "Faggot" "Jew bastard" and "nigger" are also signs of being tough too, huh?

Holy shit it didn't take you long to carry this to the extreme-it doesn't support your position, makes you appear laughably pathetic-so I'll go laugh now. Good thing is, if I bust a gut laughing so hard-I have health insurance

That is, if you dislike gays, blacks and Jews. Hey, don't be a pussy, just blurt out how ya feel,

Cool-check this blurting. I tend to like or dislike people based on their actions, not how they look, what their native language is, who they choose to be involved with, or what box they checked in the last election. But, I also support your decision to associate with whomever you choose, based on what criteria is important to you and expect you to honor the decisions of others to do the same.
I seems as if every time I've used the word "pussy" or any variant you've taken it as a personal affront. I can't help how you see yourself and am not willing to invest my time in dealing with your baggage. Talk to a professional, it's covered under most insura......aw shit, go talk to a bartender.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

"OK, most people misunderstand the US Const, I was in traffic court years ago and a defendant said he had the right under the constitution to have a shaded license plate lense on it,"

That's more than likely a violation of that state's motor vehicle law.

No free speech there.

Don't go away mad....just go away!

And your point is?

How's the weather up on that high horse?
A physician in private practice is totally free to post that sign in his window and also free to make his/her own decisions on who he/she will or will not treat.
I think it's stupid and the guy would lose my business, but who knows maybe he's crazy like a fox. He sure is getting a lot of free publicity.

Right and then post a sign that reads, "No niggers, faggots or Jews." Welcome to the 21st century; enjoy your stay.

Furthermore, what if I were a patient of his and had been for years, then I see that sign? It's not as if I can go to a new doctor w/o a lot of hassle. He's showing me that he has a predisposed bias to Dems/libs and I might worry that he knows I am one, therefore I either have to switch docs or continue going to him and worry. And if womething happens to my care, I would wonder if he gave me insufficient care due to my political leanings. The doc's lawyer would be shitting thru his teeth telling the idiot to yank it down and say some punk kids hung that up as a joke.

As for free pub, teh axiom about there being no such thing as bad pub worls for actors and such, not docs.

I don't think you understand administrative actions.

"perhaps even some form of discrimination"

What type of discrimination is this doctor practicing?

As I posted, political parties are not directly covered as protected classes, but the AMA and State Lic Board doesn't want to give the indication of impropriety and would immediately intervene.

It's not the kind of discrimination that is covered by federal anti-discrimination laws, it's more like the kind that builds a great civil lawsuit and that tells admin agencies they need to intervene.

"A Soap Box in Cyber Space. This is the place to discuss politics, guns, religion and any other topic you feel the need to address from your soap box. Debates may get heated in here but the forum rules apply as everywhere else."

I love this place!

" No one is saying he could be criminally tried for hanging the sign"

Correct.

And he cannot be sued in civil court (sucessfully) for hanging the sign. He has not expressed anything other than his opinion.

And that's the beauty of our constitution.

"whether it is all we have or not, you can't just wave it and expect a free pass."

No one is expecting a free pass.
Just free speech.

It's fun to have a, "shoot from the hips" style of shithouse lawyer, layment approach to the US Const, but it just doesn't wash outside of barroom cicles. One mor etime:

THE US CONST HAS A 1-WAY RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE US GOV AND A CITIZEN.

Is that clear or are we just gonna keep saying that any and all speech is protected and therefore can be made? We had several of you in my early Justice classes, I have a BS in Justice. Try going into a courtroom and yelling shit. Try telling the judge he's a douchebag in a very calm, reserved manor. Basically the 1st and free speech says you can decide the what, the gov decides teh when and the where. I remember my 1st justice class, the teacher asked what the most important amendments were. I immediately said, "The First Amendment." He said, "no." I then said, "the 2nd." He again said it was not. He said teh 4th and the 14th were, of course I thought, BS. He's right. The 1st is really very weak and you can be sued for libel easily or if you disparage a judge in writing or verbally, the 1st won't help. Now I realize you're gonna keep clammering the 1st on thsi issue and I'm ok with that; I'm used to laypeople, but here is my previous post, if you care to learn a thing or two pm me or ask in public. I'd like to hear any lawyers pipe in on this as to its application to a federal 1st protection. I'm sure they would agree with me.

You didn't address my post, here it is with highlights:

Yes, the US gov could not prosecute, persecute him for this; you're arguing a moot point. But you cannot use the constitution as an affirmative defense in an administrative action against his license to practice or a civil suit where a patient became ill and sued for malpratice. Hell, ya have all ya need for negligence or intentional infliction of distress of some kind. All of his patients should immediately tell him they voted for Obama and they basically own him. He has to cut them or continue to see them under the belief thatthey will receive substandard care ala conflict of interest. You can ignore it all day, it won't change.

Freedom of speech is not a blank check to walk up to a strange girl and call her a whore, a black person and call him a nigger, a gay person and call him a faggot. In fact, they even aggravate these offenses by calling them hate crimes, at least the latter two. Some people need to take a justice class or two, don't get too excited about the US Const, it really is overstated and any claim must have a federal apsect to it, you can't just scream "CONSTITUTION" evertime you get stuck; it's not a blank check.

OK, most people misunderstand the US Const, I was in traffic court years ago and a defendant said he had the right under the constitution to have a shaded license plate lense on it, Ok, so can we understand the constitution before we wave it around, whether it is all we have or not, you can't just wave it and expect a free pass. If you read the first it has nothing to do with this issue. No one is saying he could be criminally tried for hanging the sign, but he could be revoked as a licensed doctor and/or sued for malpractice, perhaps even some form of discrimination, altho that works under protected classes and political parties aren't that.

This whole thread is a mere microcosm of the bigger problem we face here in Amerika. You're not allowed to think, say, or feel those things anymore. You're not allowed to run your business the way you see fit. We're so full of "not allowed" anymore...it's fucking bullshit.

You think you live in a free country...that ship sailed ages ago.

I know, just think of the good ole days before Brown vs Board of Education, Roe v Wade, Loving v Virginia, Mapp v Ohio, etc.... Now those were the days of freedom and liberty.

The constant "I'm telling on you" mentality indicates a pussy

So then the Republican congress were pussies for impeaching Clinton? I would say just hypocritical idiots, but I'll go with pussy if you want. Then they toughened up when Scooter Libby was criminally prosecuted for the same thing. I see, we can transpose whatever we want and flip-flop in good Republican fashion.

His door

And it's teh State Lic Board's license, IDC what you think, that is the way it is.

Holy shit it didn't take you long to carry this to the extreme-it doesn't support your position, makes you appear laughably pathetic-so I'll go laugh now. Good thing is, if I bust a gut laughing so hard-I have health insurance

Well at least I only appear that way;). So this is your misdirection to avoid the question? Here it is again:

I guess uttering the words, "Faggot" "Jew bastard" and "nigger" are also signs of being tough too, huh?

Same concept, it's bias. As a person, go for it, as a licensed doctor, lawyer, social worker, boss at a workplace, etc there is zero room for any kiond of bias and that is federally protected.

Cool-check this blurting. I tend to like or dislike people based on their actions, not how they look, what their native language is, who they choose to be involved with, or what box they checked in the last election. But, I also support your decision to associate with whomever you choose, based on what criteria is important to you and expect you to honor the decisions of others to do the same.

Ok, great, that is the right of you and me as individuals, but as licensed professionals you will have a brief career if you make a habit of wearing this on your sleeve. I don;t write the rules, I just explain them to those who don't seem to have a handle on them.

I seems as if every time I've used the word "pussy" or any variant you've taken it as a personal affront. I can't help how you see yourself and am not willing to invest my time in dealing with your baggage. Talk to a professional, it's covered under most insura......aw shit, go talk to a bartender.

Not at all, I'm 240 and can take care of myself very well. At work they call on me to do the tough, teh nasty shit, so you can sit there with your manicured nails and talk all that, it just looks silly. ;)

I love this place!

Are you not one of those who always argues the "christian" point of view?

I guess you feel this is a good way to exibit those attributes.

Do you think the lord would have acted in this manner?

Right, the party of family values decides who they will and who they will not see based upon political affiliation :S....would you expect less?

"Is that clear or are we just gonna keep saying that any and all speech is protected and therefore can be made? We had several of you in my early Justice classes, I have a BS in Justice. Try going into a courtroom and yelling shit."

Since you have BS in Justice, please tell me how this doctor can be prosecuted sucessfully in a civil court for exercising his constitutional rights by hanging this sign in his place of business.

I love this place!

There you go assigning a point of view to a poster.

I have never stated my politics, just supporting the rights of the doctor to post his sign.

I love this place!

I have never stated my politics, just supporting the rights of the doctor to post his sign.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight:S:S:S:S:S:S:S
On Balance

Props for Republicans

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1104029#1104029

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3244005#3244005

Props for any Democrat

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2628377#2628377

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3487797#3487797

Negativity for any Republican

ZIP ZERO NADA

Negativity for ANY Democrat

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3832530#3832530

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3823328#3823328

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3783808#3783808

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3716536#3716536

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3463842#3463842

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3451176#3451176

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3404106#3404106

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3376982#3376982

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3319624#3319624

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3214705#3214705

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2850957#2850957

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2656882#2656882

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2496204#2496204

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1608162#1608162

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1301256#1301256

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1104031#1104031

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1056280#1056280

Then again...... as your glorius leader said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Well as long as it works for you....

I love this place!

I love this place!

How about this angle, idiot posts his sign, one of his employees tells the good doctor that he/she voted for Obama. Now what? The sign wasn't directed at the employee, but he/she is offended and fears retibution, feels uncomfortable, etc.

http://www.eeoc.gov/facts/fs-orientation_parent_marital_political.html

See the can of worms now?

In the federal government the Civil Service Reform Act of 1978 (CSRA), as amended, prohibits federal employees who have authority to take, direct others to take, recommend or approve any personnel action from discriminating against applicants and employees on the bases of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status or political affiliation and from discriminating against an applicant or employee on the basis of conduct which does not adversely affect the performance of the applicant or employee.

Furthermore, a wise person with medical experience might want to go apply to the good doctor and get hired, then as they accept the position, tell the asshole that they voted for Obama; I hope that's not a problem. Of course if this is a 1-party state, have this recorded and as the good asshole breaks into a tyrade, make sure and get a good, clean copy for discovery and the hefty settlement offer, follow by asshole's gag order agreement. This is how you shutdown assholes 101.

Again, if I were his lawyer, I would tell him to quit being a dick and to rip that sign down, deny he posted it, it was punk kids I guess. Go get a shrink and get help or he will be writing me big checks. It's a shame you weren't born 100 years ago, you might have liked it better then.

Now that is a federal employee staute, but there might be private employer EEOC laws, federal or state. Either way, filing a lawsuit could still be fruitful to at least get the moron to stop. Likely a jury would be so disgusted that they would give some judgment and besides, the judge can award what he/she wants. Point is, why fuck with it? To be a braindead spiteful dick and earn a nasty reputation, become a civl=il lawsuit target for that matter or any subsequent matter? Thsi would be brought up as a charactyer assassination if he were ver sued and doctors get sued occassionally.

I love this place!

What is it that you don't understand about the concept of adhering to a code of ethics that you have voluntarily agreed to abide by? The Constitution is of no relevance whatsoever to a code of professional ethics.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.