Gene03

Jesus Rifles

So what else did he predict? I mean other than the things that have already happened and of course the apocalypse. How about telling us about prophesies that we might see in our lifetime. FTL travel? teleportation? Genetic based age reversing? C'mon, throw us a bone.

I had a reply ready, but I think if you havent read a Gospel yet, read one. Thats all you have to do. I get everything from the Gospel... or at least the spirit behind it that is. It may take a slow reader 4 hours to read one Gospel. For scientific type people I would think the effects of the Gospel on the human mind would be quite intriguing... definitely worth studying... or at least reading.
"We didn't start the fire"

lol... ah you are one of those...

so do you have a 401k?
if so, why?

I am one of those and I never had a 401k.

Ref: Philippians 4:19,20
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

so do you have a 401k?
if so, why?

and my God shall supply all your needs, according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus

I think it's a bit of a stretch to interpret that to mean that a devout Christian need not use his (God-given?) intelligence and judgment to provide for his Earthly needs.

so do you have a 401k?
if so, why?

"One of those":D

Yeah, Im one of those. I try to shed my dependency on the world, but it is a double edged sword isnt it? Someone is great at saving, but never spends... someone is healthy, alive, and energetic, but never makes it to 40. Some people have it all figured out, some live in wonder. Whos right, whos wrong? Who cares!

The truth is that every day could be your last day on earth... Too much planning for the future may inhibit the ability to live in the present. Too much fashioning to an "image" may make some miss who they truly are. Some might say that a bum failed at success, others might see that a bum as a man who sees through the systematic nonsense and refuses to conform to its trappings and therefore lives off the land in creative and even desirable ways.

Who is to say who is right? "Cause its when your backs against the wall, and everything is pushing you to fall, you know you do not always have to have a plan... there is a heart in man"

Right now, America and the world is following the tradition of success. What a tradition it is too. But, is it the one that is most important? Only you can answer that one.

I think it's a bit of a stretch to interpret that to mean that a devout Christian need not use his (God-given?) intelligence and judgment to provide for his Earthly needs.

Its actually a spirit in discernment of truth. If we dont eat, we will die, but also, "man does not live on bread alone, but every word that comes from the mouth of God". I just eat and dont worry about it. I think you'll agree its a pretty foolish argument.;)

However, some people take traditions waaaayyyyy too far..... even some modern day evangelical Christians have been known to hang on some traditions aye? But the truth of the Gospel is very clear...

Jesus said to them, "I did one miracle, and you are all astonished. 22Yet, because Moses gave you circumcision (though actually it did not come from Moses, but from the patriarchs), you circumcise a child on the Sabbath. 23Now if a child can be circumcised on the Sabbath so that the law of Moses may not be broken, why are you angry with me for healing the whole man on the Sabbath? 24Stop judging by mere appearances, and make a right judgment."

so do you have a 401k?
if so, why?

and my God shall supply all your needs, according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus

Stretch all you want, I never had one.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

My first response to your post was hurried and glib. I've been thinking about your judgment and decided you are entitled to more testimonial explanation.

I went to college post military service graduating in 1968 without a clue as to my next step. My first position ended in failure and I retreated to graduate school because I had GI Bill funds left to live on. I received my MA in 1973 following an internship in a drug rehab program in Orlando FL.

Seeking spiritual enlightenment was and is as much a part of social readjustment as maintaining abstinence from mood altering chemicals. I examined and followed many of the spiritual paths and found some success but none provided the sense of security that my soul was crying for. That is until I met and accepted Jesus Christ of Nazareth as my Lord and Savior in 1981.

As I have stated previously, I experienced a life changing rebirth. At that point, based on all that I knew up to that point, I decided that the experience must be verified by personal application. Jesus is either exactly who He says He is or, He was a liar and a con artist or, He was insane. I had to know beyond a shadow of a doubt.

The paramount basis of walking the path with Christ is following the words of Scripture in the Holy Bible. It either works or it doesn't work.

Jesus is Lord of all or He is not Lord at all. The Bible is either truth or it is a lie.

From 1981 to this day I have followed the Christian path seeking direction totally from prayer and the Bible.

I do not trust man's ways and I have found joy as well as security in my decision to follow Jesus. He is the Messiah and the Holy Bible is truth. I know that beyond a shadow of a doubt because I personally tested the hypothesis with total commitment.

My first response to your post was hurried and glib. I've been thinking about your judgment and decided you are entitled to more testimonial explanation.

I went to college post military service graduating in 1968 without a clue as to my next step. My first position ended in failure and I retreated to graduate school because I had GI Bill funds left to live on. I received my MA in 1973 following an internship in a drug rehab program in Orlando FL.

Seeking spiritual enlightenment was and is as much a part of social readjustment as maintaining abstinence from mood altering chemicals. I examined and followed many of the spiritual paths and found some success but none provided the sense of security that my soul was crying for. That is until I met and accepted Jesus Christ of Nazareth as my Lord and Savior in 1981.

As I have stated previously, I experienced a life changing rebirth. At that point, based on all that I knew up to that point, I decided that the experience must be verified by personal application. Jesus is either exactly who He says He is or, He was a liar and a con artist or, He was insane. I had to know beyond a shadow of a doubt.

The paramount basis of walking the path with Christ is following the words of Scripture in the Holy Bible. It either works or it doesn't work.

Jesus is Lord of all or He is not Lord at all. The Bible is either truth or it is a lie.

From 1981 to this day I have followed the Christian path seeking direction totally from prayer and the Bible.

I do not trust man's ways and I have found joy as well as security in my decision to follow Jesus. He is the Messiah and the Holy Bible is truth. I know that beyond a shadow of a doubt because I personally tested the hypothesis with total commitment.

How is that, in any way, shap or form, an answer to the question 'why don't you have a 401k'?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

How is that, in any way, shap or form, an answer to the question 'why don't you have a 401k'?

My response was directed to Andy9o8, post #354.

In response to your question, I chose to trust God with my life and not a man made investment scheme. My choice proved correct. I retired a year ago and had I relied on a 401k it would not have been worth much.