bodypilot90

Senate to vote on health care bill unconstitutionality!

No, you can just not register it, or turn in your plates if the car is no longer going to be driven on public streets.

That is not always the case however. Here in Athens GA it is illegal to keep an unlicensed vehicle on your private property for more than 30 days. An ordinance no doubt inspired by the redneck tendency to display collections of junk cars and washing machines on the front lawn.

Here is the ordinance (my underlining to make the relevant bit obvious):
"Junk Vehicles (Section 3-9-2 & Section 3-5-8)
Junk vehicles may not be parked, stored, or left on private property for more than 30 days or on public
property for more than 3 days. A junk vehicle is any vehicle that does not have a current license plate lawfully displayed, or is not fully operational, or is wrecked, dismantled, abandoned, or discarded."

Ordinances are found at this site: http://athensclarkecounty.com/documents/pdf/pio/atoz_guide.pdf
The relevant passage is on page 11.

Note this is not a state-wide law, but there are certainly places where a privately owned vehicle must be licensed (and therefor insured) even if you do not drive it on the public roadways.

Don

Since we still have to pay the bills, any arbitrary credit to one group has to be made up somehow - and that means taking more from someone else to cover the short - the only net way to reduce a total budget is to spend less.

That's not necessarily true. The tax credit can be offered to incentivize a behavior or purchase that itself inherently benefits the economy, which can ultimately increase tax revenue.

For example, a healthier population can decrease lost tax revenue resulting from missed work days due to illness.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Read what I wrote again. It does not say that cars not driven on public roads need to be registered. It says that not all registered vehicles are driven on public roads. Any vehicle that is registered, whether or not it is driven on public roads, is required to be insured.

Not really. If the car is never driven on public streets there would be no way to enforce the requirement to have insurance. If you think otherwise tell me how it would be enforced?

Proof of insurance is required to register the vehicle. If insurance is cancelled, lapses, or otherwise ceases to be effective, the insurance company is required to notify the state of that fact.

Are you SURE you know what you are talking about?

He is absolutely sure. Of course, that doesn't mean it's true, and there have been many studies confirming this problem.

There's nothing like a nice ad hominem argument when you don't have anything relevant to add to the discussion. Sadly, experience has caused me to expect nothing less from you.

For example, a healthier population can decrease lost tax revenue resulting from missed work days due to illness.

Most of us get sick leave. The first order effect is neutral.

A huge portion of the population do not receive such benefits. Most likely, many/most of the uninsured workers are among those who lack sick leave benefits. The first order effect is certainly not neutral (though I suspect you knew that already).

Most of us get sick leave. The first order effect is neutral.

A huge portion of the population do not receive such benefits. Most likely, many/most of the uninsured workers are among those who lack sick leave benefits. The first order effect is certainly not neutral (though I suspect you knew that already).

These are the people who don't pay much or any in income taxes. Which you probably knew, but as usual will disregard.

There may be second order effects due to the productivity loss, but income tax collection...pretty minor.

These are the people who don't pay much or any in income taxes. Which you probably knew, but as usual will disregard.

Are you making the incorrect assumption that income taxes are the only source of tax revenue?

can only assume your words mean what they say:
"lost tax revenue resulting from missed work days due to illness."

Those words in no way imply that the only lost tax revenue is income tax.

We know you've adopted Kallend's approach to writing here, …

Like basing my assertions on factual information? Guilty as charged, I guess. I didn't realize such posting style was considered a bad thing, though.

We know you've adopted Kallend's approach to writing here, but doesn't mean we have to give a shit.

Right, he doesn't invent his own "facts" like you do.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Those words in no way imply that the only lost tax revenue is income tax.

Yet you only backpedaled to that after you got trapped by the fact that the people who don't get sick leave don't pay much in income taxes. Then you wanted to say: "but I meant more than that."

but if you want to deal with the second order effects, then days lost by those with sick leave becomes relevant again.

Doesn't write facts at all, since then he wouldn't be able to claim he actually wrote something else when challenged on it.

At least you're being creative with your excuses w/r/t why you've been unable to hold your own in recent SC debates.

Yet you only backpedaled to that after you got trapped by the fact that the people who don't get sick leave don't pay much in income taxes. Then you wanted to say: "but I meant more than that."

Poor reading comprehension on your part does not equal backpedaling on my part. If you look through my posting history, I've been very consistent about income taxes only being a subset of taxes. Had I meant only income taxes, I would have specified income taxes.

Doesn't write facts at all, since then he wouldn't be able to claim he actually wrote something else when challenged on it.

At least you're being creative with your excuses w/r/t why you've been unable to hold your own in recent SC debates.

I again will cite post #327.