brenthutch

breaking news on global warming

Why? If you are interested in the truth you will question all data, not just that you disagree with. More importantly you will limit your inquiries to people whose training indicates they might know something. ie scientists.

Just wondering. If a man, who can drive a nail through two boards, calls himself a carpenter, then, teaches the same, to someone else, does that really make the second person a carpenter, or the first?

In reply to this discussion that has been going whether global warming is real or not etc.. I just have a small thing to add.

If you look at those studies, and more importantly look at the assumptions, or factors held at a constant rate or not even included at all, you will start to see a trend, and you will start to see why one scientist's data doesn't match another. The fact is, we don't know what the earth is doing. Find me one scientific report for global warming that included all of these variables: varying solar activity, oceanic patterns, forest fires, plant generation of green house gasses, animal contribution of green house gasses, the flux of the earths magnetic field varying etc..

We just don't know, and everyone of those reports are samplings of the big picture. Do I think we are having a negative affect on the earth, no doubt, do I think it is dangerous, I have no idea. One thing is clear though, none of us know how detrimental our contribution to the naturally occurring green house gasses is.

-Evo
Zoo Crew

Why? If you are interested in the truth you will question all data, not just that you disagree with. More importantly you will limit your inquiries to people whose training indicates they might know something. ie scientists.

Just wondering. If a man, who can drive a nail through two boards, calls himself a carpenter, then, teaches the same, to someone else, does that really make the second person a carpenter, or the first?

As? punctuated, that po'st! is quite incomprehen'sible( would you; care to write "it" again punctuated properly,

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

The ad hominem argument is the last resort for one who has run out of ideas.

Yeah, sometimes. And sometimes when a hypothetical person, whomever that may be, gets every possible position he can think of soundly rebutted, and he still acts like ass, you just gotta tell him, "Dude, you're an ass."

As? punctuated, that po'st! is quite incomprehen'sible( would you; care to write "it" again punctuated properly,

I understand, what, he'is saying. Do you (need) some help Kallend? Probably,,, not because you'are just arguing for-the sake of, arguing.

I understand, what, he'is saying. Do you (need) some help Kallend? Probably,,, not because you'are just arguing for-the sake of, arguing.

"It" take's one! to )know (one, i 'suppo'se~

I originally asked for rebuttal of claims made on the first video. The response was:

Spoiler: He's a Bible-thumping moron with no science background and thinks everyone with AIDS should be quarantined.

Then I asked about a second person's claims, and the response was:

A conservative politician with no science background?

At no time did anyone take on the factual claims made by these people. Please refute the facts, not the folks.

"It" take's one! to )know (one, i 'suppo'se~

This is how most arguments in government play out now a days. If you are proven wrong or caught cheating, said cheater tries to get the credibility of the person who is winning the argument below their own.

No one has answered the "changing the data to fit the hypotheses" comment earlier in the thread yet. Instead I just read the thread slowly turn into a contest to see who can call who the bigger dumb-ass:ph34r::ph34r:

Kind of fun to watch really....
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

I originally asked for rebuttal of claims made on the first video. The response was:

Spoiler: He's a Bible-thumping moron with no science background and thinks everyone with AIDS should be quarantined.

Then I asked about a second person's claims, and the response was:

A conservative politician with no science background?

At no time did anyone take on the factual claims made by these people. Please refute the facts, not the folks.

Why is this response directed to me? I just asked for a semi-intelligible post to be properly punctuated.

My point was that just because one can not spell or punctuate does not mean that their ideas have no merit.

In this society people who can spell and punctuate are usually given more credence than those who can't. It’s just the way it is. If you wish to be taken seriously in most venues, it is best to at least have the appearance of having an intellect higher than that of an idiot or that of a moron. :S:S

Spell checkers are quite easy to find and use.....now that you have masterd the on and off switch and are able to hunt and peck your way on the keyboard.:ph34r:

On the other hand if you want to be very typical of so many so called conservatives on here you can always blame being stupid on new math and the NEA...:o:o

My point was that just because one can not spell or punctuate does not mean that their ideas have no merit.

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, nor bread to the wise, nor riches to the intelligent, but the smart money bets that way.

In this society people who can spell and punctuate are usually given more credence than those who can't. It’s just the way it is. If you wish to be taken seriously in most venues, it is best to at least have the appearance of having an intellect higher than that of an idiot or that of a moron. :S:S

Spell checkers are quite easy to find and use.....now that you have masterd the on and off switch and are able to hunt and peck your way on the keyboard.:ph34r:

On the other hand if you want to be very typical of so many so called conservatives on here you can always blame being stupid on new math and the NEA...:o:o

Yeah, take that all you butt hurt RePUBICans. Bawhahahahahah. :D Oh, the humor of it all. :D

Yeah, take that all you butt hurt RePUBICans. Bawhahahahahah. :D Oh, the humor of it all. :D

So let it be written.... So let it be done!!!!:ph34r::ph34r::D