Ron

My problems with God

When you can provide physical evidence of god any god then I will change my mind on this subject

On the "subject" of God, okay, but what about other subjects? About 10yrs ago I had a dream about the death penalty, and now I am "against" it. I changed my mind sorely on a dream I had. In regards to God, Jesus tells us that God is spirit, he is invisible by nature. Wisdom for example has no physical evidence of existance, but is a great influence in the human mind nonetheless. Wisdom will show you the deep desires of the heart, powerful enough to change the mind, but you'll get no physical evidence of those desires.
"We didn't start the fire"

I see it differently. To me it says that every experience changes you as a person. We are all a product of our environment. Who we are depends on how we each react to life. I react to a situation much differently then you.

That makes sense. Either every experience can change you as a person, or absolutely does. I agree with the product of enviornment, but to an extent... it depends on what you define the product as. For example, the enviornment may make you adapt to it (conform), or could make you rebel and inspire revolutionary ideas and actions. In any case, the enviornment of course plays a big role, but its not the tell all in my opinion, again, it depends on what you define the product as. You and I may react very similar to certain situations, and very differently. No way really to know without the benefit of hinesight.

I was unaware that I avoided any questions of yours. Why has God not talked to the masses like he used to?

He already did this, few listened anyway. His message was to love him with all your heart, and love others with that same love. Love is alive man, either you believe in its power or you dont. I cant answer your question beyond that and JOHN 16. If you read Jn 16 you will see, maybe. If you dont have a bible, go on www.biblegateway.com and use the New International Version (I find it a little easier to read, understanding on the otherhand is not up to me). Merry Christmas

Avoiding the point does not answer a question. The question brought a point, it was that in biblical times, according to the bible, god frequently presented himself physically to the world, and now, nothing. Its not a coincidence, men use this trait all the time, taking advantage of a situation when it is relevant, and ceasing the activity when people know better. Making god present himself physically in a time where the world was intellectually numb to modern ideas of science, was a genius idea for someone trying to promote the bible, I mean, the people of that day and age didn't know any better, you could have told them anything and they would have believed it. Of course these days you never hear anyone, ever say they saw an ocean split in two, or water turn into wine, or someone walk on water etc..because people know better. Its not a coincidence, we just happened to wise up a bit.

I have said it before, and I will say it again, as man progresses through the ages, and man becomes more technologically advanced, there will be no need for a god, nothing a god used to be needed to explain, will need explaining anymore.

-Evo
Zoo Crew

Avoiding the point does not answer a question. The question brought a point, it was that in biblical times, according to the bible, god frequently presented himself physically to the world, and now, nothing. Its not a coincidence, men use this trait all the time, taking advantage of a situation when it is relevant, and ceasing the activity when people know better. Making god present himself physically in a time where the world was intellectually numb to modern ideas of science, was a genius idea for someone trying to promote the bible, I mean, the people of that day and age didn't know any better, you could have told them anything and they would have believed it. Of course these days you never hear anyone, ever say they saw an ocean split in two, or water turn into wine, or someone walk on water etc..because people know better. Its not a coincidence, we just happened to wise up a bit.

I have said it before, and I will say it again, as man progresses through the ages, and man becomes more technologically advanced, there will be no need for a god, nothing a god used to be needed to explain, will need explaining anymore.

-Evo

As a seeker of spiritual Truth & a lover of God, the proof I seek is not the proof you seek. The physical manifestation of God is not necessary and would actually be a detriment. The proof I seek is the restoration of my soul and mind to the love and grace of God. God has more than proved Himself to me and to all of the others who have become receptive to His voice.

The more man changes through the ages the more he stays the same, we will always need God. Knowledge will never take the place of God's love, silly rabbit.

The physical manifestation of God is not necessary and would actually be a detriment.

I really thought there was no real point in this whole discussion as we'd each heard all the others points.

Then we get this which I have never heard before and would be interested in discussing further.

This should probably be in it's own thread. :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Avoiding the point does not answer a question. The question brought a point, it was that in biblical times, according to the bible, god frequently presented himself physically to the world, and now, nothing

No. God did not present himself physically to the world, he did it through his creation. Examine the truth, would you even (especially in todays modern technological advancements) believe it was the spirit of God if he did show himself? Jesus warns that the anti christ will have great powers to decieve even the elect... forgive me, but it didnt even take a great power to decieve your mind, and yet you continue to speak adamantly against what was never revealed to you in the first place.

I have said it before, and I will say it again, as man progresses through the ages, and man becomes more technologically advanced, there will be no need for a god, nothing a god used to be needed to explain, will need explaining anymore

I couldnt disagree more. God is not about explanation, he is about revelation. And right now, in this day and age, people would benefit greatly from the true meaning of Christ.

The physical manifestation of God is not necessary and would actually be a detriment.

I really thought there was no real point in this whole discussion as we'd each heard all the others points.

Then we get this which I have never heard before and would be interested in discussing further.

Its actually very very simple... but even still, many will not understand. What I heard in his post was the purest of truth.

Avoiding the point does not answer a question. The question brought a point, it was that in biblical times, according to the bible, god frequently presented himself physically to the world, and now, nothing

No. God did not present himself physically to the world, he did it through his creation. Examine the truth, would you even (especially in todays modern technological advancements) believe it was the spirit of God if he did show himself? Jesus warns that the anti christ will have great powers to decieve even the elect... forgive me, but it didnt even take a great power to decieve your mind, and yet you continue to speak adamantly against what was never revealed to you in the first place.

I have said it before, and I will say it again, as man progresses through the ages, and man becomes more technologically advanced, there will be no need for a god, nothing a god used to be needed to explain, will need explaining anymore

I couldnt disagree more. God is not about explanation, he is about revelation. And right now, in this day and age, people would benefit greatly from the true meaning of Christ.

To the first bolded section.

The ten tablets
Jesus walking the earth after his death
Jesus(He is god) doing all the miracles
Angles speaking to multitudes of people
The Plagues of Egypt
...we can go all day, and those ARE physical things the bible says god did.

To the second bolded part:

All a god, has ever been in history, every single one of them, was to explain the unexplainable. Don't mean to burst your bubble but the christian god was not the original, man has been worshiping gods for as long as we gained the ability to reason...every one of them was an explanation for things people could not explain. man worshiped the sun for thousands of years, why? Because it controlled so much of their lives, they didn't know what it was, but they understood its affects on their daily lives so they treated it as a god. What i said about man and technology is a personal hypothesis, but I gotta say, the latest statistics are in my favor.
Zoo Crew

Its actually very very simple... but even still, many will not understand. What I heard in his post was the purest of truth.

I started it's own thread...

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3754668#3754668
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

That was really quite clever. It does give your previous statement impact. The reason I believe it might be a "detriment" is because I already believe I have the seed of faith. It is a gift that Christ gives, but you have to understand how weak it truly is, and not only that, what is its greatest purpose. See, many have faith in many things, and I dont think it is disputable to say there have come good things and bad things from it, but what many miss is that Love resides in faith as well, peace, understanding, comfort, trust, joy, and yes ultimately happiness. But then there is loves responsibility, and that is to give those things in return as much as the heart allows, and this is where the confusion enters. This is where the Word gets misunderstood, this is where grace (the Holy Spirit) discerns everything.

There is much to be gained by faith, much more than I can even put into words, as many can testify on here as well... there is something awesome about Gods love. But there are things that make it really uncool with the modern age and todays influences. I believe that if Jesus was to appear (Im not speaking about the second coming) right now and reveal his truth to everyone as he did 2000 years ago, that much of what happened before would happen again. Some would believe, others not. Even if he was performing miracles as before, there would still be doubters. The point is that when it comes to the truth in Heaven,Gods grace is by faith..

To address when Christ will return, the bible is pretty clear that it says inevitably but in Gods time. As it reads to me, many of the things it speaks of are already appearing, and the story of Noah sounds like a great spiritual metaphor for the second coming. Sounds like a fire of overwhelming judgement to me, while I dont think it will be actual fire, I do believe it will be real, like an overflow of torment in the conscience or something... I dont know, but for me, Im sticking with the light. Like bob marley says "We've got a mind of our own, so go to hell if what your thinking isnt right"

To the first bolded section.

The ten tablets
Jesus walking the earth after his death
Jesus(He is god) doing all the miracles
Angles speaking to multitudes of people
The Plagues of Egypt
...we can go all day, and those ARE physical things the bible says god did.

God is the God of the Universe, everything is his creation. Spiritual and Physical, he is the God of the heavens and the earth. Therefore, anything that is revealed in his creation is his creation. The ressurected Jesus you speak of is the first fruit of a newly revealed creation, a creation that is only by faith.. an unimaginative evolution of the minds soul so grand that it transcends this bodily life, and possibly even dimensions not even fathomed. And nature continues to show us that it takes life to make life. Since I know you have read the Gospel, then you know what I am talking about when I say that Jesus said you must be born of water and of spirit... the flesh gives birth to flesh and the spirit to spirit.

All a god, has ever been in history, every single one of them, was to explain the unexplainable. Don't mean to burst your bubble but the christian god was not the original, man has been worshiping gods for as long as we gained the ability to reason...every one of them was an explanation for things people could not explain. man worshiped the sun for thousands of years, why? Because it controlled so much of their lives, they didn't know what it was, but they understood its affects on their daily lives so they treated it as a god. What i said about man and technology is a personal hypothesis, but I gotta say, the latest statistics are in my favor.

Your still going to have a god... youll worship it and fight over it and continue to do things to one another that will ulitmately bring forth the end of human existance as we know it. Your still going to have to deal with the evil in the mind of man and his pursuit of glory and legacy ect.... and Jesus already spoke of this very thing.

And we have had the ability to reason from the beginning, I think its even instinctive, but, just because someone is undereducated, or even unknowledgeable, doesnt mean they cant understand the deeper benefits (spiritual and physical) in a faith that generates the qualities of a lighter heart. The wisdom of Jesus seems universal and extremely reasonable to me, but we have already determined that revelation cant be found through reason, and that its the other way around. But your entitled to your own opinion of course.

Avoiding the point does not answer a question. The question brought a point, it was that in biblical times, according to the bible, god frequently presented himself physically to the world, and now, nothing.
-Evo

Not true. He now speaks to us through the New Testament for we are under the new covenant of grace through faith and we have the Holy Spirit through the revealing of Jesus Christ.

During the period of the old covenant, recorded in the Old Testament, the Holy Spirit was not always present and Christ was concealed.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.