Andy9o8

Not all Hispanics and Engineers are Violent

I said a clue, I did not say shoot them.

If they show up, I would be cautious until I see the mannerisms.

There are some tell tale signs that cannot be hidden easily.

It takes extensive training to hide the person emotions and mannerisms if they are intent on killing.

Otherwise anyone would be a great field operative with no training at all.

but how do you tell the difference?

Troubling portrait emerges of Orlando suspect

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/06/orlando.shootings/index.html

Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. :)
All joking aside, engineers are the most dangerous. The whole Murphy's Law thing and the Peter Principle are based on engineering concepts. Fortunately, we do have oversight committees to scrutinize their designs and applications.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

... Fortunately, we do have oversight committees to scrutinize their designs and applications.

But they bow to pressure from the American Engineer Ant-Discrimination Committee, as well as their embassy, so the oversight committees have agreed to stop security checks on visiting engineers entering the U.S. from twenty-five engineering countries. Now they shake down girl scouts, soccer moms, and old ladies with walkers. The Engineer infiltration has been successful.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

What I would like to see is prominent Engineering leaders respected in the community stand up and denounce the actions. They clearly owe an obligation to society to do so.

I tell you, the silence is deafening.

How large of a community are we talking here? Respect for anyone within a community will tend towards "modest" when considered over larger and larger "communities."

All joking aside, engineers are the most dangerous. The whole Murphy's Law thing and the Peter Principle are based on engineering concepts. Fortunately, we do have oversight committees to scrutinize their designs and applications.

I'm actually curious what you mean by this, I guess I don't follow it.

Murphy's Law is an engineering concept that's highly condescending towards non-engineers, or perhaps more generally, towards anyone using anything they themselves didn't design.

The Peter Principle is a concept from business management and systems of social hierarchy.

The oversight committees you speak of consist of further engineers who, when combating the above two principles are actually protecting people from themselves, not from the original designs.

I'm actually curious what you mean by this, I guess I don't follow it.

Murphy's Law is an engineering concept that's highly condescending towards non-engineers, or perhaps more generally, towards anyone using anything they themselves didn't design.

The Peter Principle is a concept from business management and systems of social hierarchy.

The oversight committees you speak of consist of further engineers who, when combating the above two principles are actually protecting people from themselves, not from the original designs.

Andy9o8 made a funny and I was just playing along. However, I see below that you caught on.

It is very difficult to make jokes on this forum. One of its main functions is a defense mechanism known as displacement.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.