dreamdancer

Why Are Blacks So Frequently the Subject of Glenn Beck's Ridicule and Criticism?

I don't think he's racist scum at all. I think he's a very smart guy who understands what his audience wants to hear.

he can be a very smart guy and racist scum at the same time - it's hard to keep your racism 'under the counter' unless you are fairly intelligent...

And an asshole is just an asshole - regardless of skin color. Something you seem to be completely unable to grasp.

glenn beck is an asshole...got it

And so are a whole bunch of the liberals he ridicules....regardless of skin color.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I don't think he's racist scum at all. I think he's a very smart guy who understands what his audience wants to hear.

he can be a very smart guy and racist scum at the same time - it's hard to keep your racism 'under the counter' unless you are fairly intelligent...

And an asshole is just an asshole - regardless of skin color. Something you seem to be completely unable to grasp.

And so are a whole bunch of the liberals he ridicules....regardless of skin color.

but they're not racist at the same time...
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

but they're not racist at the same time...

You still need to prove the ridicule was because of skin color and not political affiliation - something you have not managed, to date.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

That's easy. Because he is racist.

Next question please (and make it at least a touch more challenging).
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Same to you - show where he's ridiculing someone for their race and not their political ideology.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

When someone disproportionately criticizes a particular group one sometimes looks to other factors than ideology.

For instance, if he were to save special vituperation for female liberals, it'd be easy to eventually surmise that he was a misogynist. If he criticizes blacks disproportionately to their representation in a given group (e.g. 80% of criticism is of blacks, where only 30% of liberals are black) then one might surmise that he sees color as a distinguishing characteristic.

I have not watched him; frankly, I dislike all those shows (yes, including Olbermann and Ed Schultz). But just as someone who never, ever is able to find a qualified minority to hire seems more likely to be racist, someone who disproportionately criticizes minorities might be racist. Especially if other comparable companies can find minorities.

So I'd say that "he's not criticizing them based on their race means he's not racist" is a BS argument. The original argument might also be BS, but this isn't a good counter.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Guess I struck a nerve!

Yes, that happens when you try to do it. You are actually very good at it.

Because his audience likes what he says, and he often makes fun of blacks.

Post hoc ergo propter hoc
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

So I'd say that "he's not criticizing them based on their race means he's not racist" is a BS argument. The original argument might also be BS, but this isn't a good counter.

IF he had made any mention of the race of the individuals involved, I would agree with you. If you have any proof that he did, besides the drivel posted in the OP, please let me know.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

So in other words, if he were only to critizice blacks (not that he is -- this is just a strawman), it wouldn't be racist as long as he didn't say they were black?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

So in other words, if he were only to critizice blacks (not that he is -- this is just a strawman), it wouldn't be racist as long as he didn't say they were black?

Wendy P.

If I say "Wendy, your bullshit meter is obviously broken" does that make me a misogynist, or just someone that thinks your bullshit meter is broken?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

One incident doesn't mean anything. It might mean my bullshit meter is broken.

But if no man's bullshit meter is broken, and many women's are, then, again, it might be yours that's broken.

Kind of like when the formation goes high on a single jumper.

Wendy P.

and his audience likes hearing blacks made fun of.

How dare you! First he does not make fun of blacks! There is no evidence of any racial pregidous at all. Second, to accuse his listeners of liking to hear blacks made fun of is outragious! Once again, stereotypical, attack the person not the message....and once again it is you and people like you who continue to bring up race, not glenn beck or his listeners and to accuse them and him or racism or any sort or descrimination of any sort with no facts only selective and twisted hearsay is sick and wrong. Glenn played the tapes of the white person from acorn who help the supposed whore too! He has attacked the message of numerous white people too and if you don't know who they are then thats just more proof of your ignorance. He has also said, many times, that he believes that all people have the same opportunities, including going to heaven (where as obama's mentor preaches the opposite) and he has and will address any falsehoods or attacks against the constitution no matter what that persons race, color or anything else. He has also said he will stand with anyone no matter what thier party or race if they stand for the constitution. For goodness sakes he has black people on his staff saying the same things he is! But once again either you don't know that or your choose to ignore that fact, and so many others, so you can retain your opinions and views despite the facts. How dare you make such accusations about such a large group of people you know nothing about. How can you fight racism with racism or pregidous with pregidous.....you can't....it only results in more racism and more pregidous yet this is exactly what you choose to do!

Or it makes you a racist for making such accusations with no facts and what proposed facts you have are contrary to the actual facts. You form your opinion based upon beck's and obama's skin color making you a more likely racist where as beck has addressed many people of different colors, including whites, with facts and has never made a reference to their color. The only time he does is in defense of such accusation!

When someone disproportionately criticizes a particular group

Why is it being assumed he actually does disproportionately pick on blacks?
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

One incident doesn't mean anything. It might mean my bullshit meter is broken.

But if no man's bullshit meter is broken, and many women's are, then, again, it might be yours that's broken.

I don't disagree, and there IS a common thread - all the people being called out by Beck work for ACORN.

I've read the transcript of the show. Kevin and his favorite site are playing (yet again) that old, tired out race card in an attempt to deflect criticism - that's it.

Kind of like when the formation goes high on a single jumper.

Wendy P.

And if the lead float went at the spot and everyone else was late, was it his fault he was low?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

No one is telling you that you are sick and tired!

Wait....I get it....I think I see what I am missing now.......so when someone like glenn beck plays a video of a government official claiming that white people are intentionally poisoning black people with polution beck is the racist........or when beck plays clips of government officials saying Castro was a great revolutionary and things are better there than here beck is the racist (even though the government official is white)........
Man.....I don't know how I didn't see that this whole time. Its so clear.

I'm not -- the OP did, but I think I made it pretty clear that I don't listen to him. I was countering Mike's argument that the only way to be racist is to say someone is bad because they are of a different race, or pointing out their race.

Wendy P.

What she said. When the object of someone's vitriolic blathering is so narrowly focused day after day, when a person's criticisms are so consistently directed to one group, when they seem completely hung up and on the defense whenever that bias is questioned; then that behavior is what they are.

If it walks and quacks and looks like a duck. It is a duck. Asking me or anybody else to prove it is a duck is just a silly waste of time.

But your "Same to you" response is so much more convincing. Why not just throw out 'I know you are but what am I?'
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

But your "Same to you" response is so much more convincing. Why not just throw out 'I know you are but what am I?'

Same to you - show where he's ridiculing someone for their race and not their political ideology.

You must have missed the part that's bolded - I re-quoted it for you.

Challenge still stands. Put up or shut up.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

"If it walks and quacks and looks like a duck. It is a duck. Asking me or anybody else to prove it is a duck is just a silly waste of time."

What does Billvon have to do with any of this? He may be combustible, but I doubt he's much of a racist....
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

The ignorance and straight out lies here are amazing! None of you libs have a clue what you are talking about! I watch all of Glenn's shows and listen when i can. I have been watching him since he was on another network. As Ion01 has said he has black people working for him and alot of his guest are black. I would say 35-40% of his guest are black. Conpare that to the national % of blacks. Another little bit of info for the ignorant out there is the lady that (2nd in comand) helps run his company is a flaming liberal.

There is nothing anybody can point to that shows he is racist! You are all wrong just acept it. Move on to another topic you have no clue about!
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

You must have missed the part that's bolded - I re-quoted it for you.

Challenge still stands. Put up or shut up.

He's a racist, not stupid. Your criteria seems to require that he admit to criticizing people for their skin color. He certainly will not do that. I guess it is just an amazing coincidence that so much of his criticism is towards black people.

"If it walks and quacks and looks like a duck. It is a duck. Asking me or anybody else to prove it is a duck is just a silly waste of time."

What does Billvon have to do with any of this? He may be combustible, but I doubt he's much of a racist....
-B

You are correct. But he IS A WITCH!

BUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRNNNNN.