dreamdancer

Has Obama Backed Off of a Big Opportunity to Heal America's Racial Divide?

with the economy about to take another slide blacks and whites need to work together...

Americans began the summer still celebrating the dawn of a "post-racial" era. They are ending it under no such illusion. The summer of 2009 was all about race, beginning with Republican claims that Sonia Sotomayor, Barack Obama's nominee to the US Supreme Court, was "racist" against whites. Then, just as that scandal was dying down, up popped "the Gates controversy", the furore over the president's response to the arrest of African American academic Henry Louis Gates Jr in his own home. Obama's remark that the police had acted "stupidly" was evidence, according to massively popular Fox News host Glenn Beck, that the president "has a deep-seated hatred for white people".

Obama's supposed racism gave a jolt of energy to the fringe movement that claims he has been carrying out a lifelong conspiracy to cover up his (fictional) African birth. Then Fox News gleefully discovered Van Jones, White House special adviser on green jobs. After weeks of being denounced as "a black nationalist who is also an avowed communist", Jones resigned last Sunday.

The undercurrent of all these attacks was that Obama, far from being the colour-blind moderate he posed as during the presidential campaign, is actually obsessed with race, in particular with redistributing white wealth into the hands of African Americans and undocumented Mexican workers. At town hall meetings across the US in August, these bizarre claims coalesced into something resembling an uprising to "take our country back". Henry D Rose, chair of Blacks For Social Justice, recently compared the overwhelmingly white, often armed, anti-Obama crowds to the campaign of "massive resistance" launched in the late 50s – a last-ditch attempt by white southerners to block the racial integration of their schools and protect other Jim Crow laws. Today's "new era of 'massive resistance'," writes Rose, "is also a white racial project."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/global/2009/sep/12/barack-obama-the-race-question-naomi-klein
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

with the economy about to take another slide blacks and whites need to work together...

Work together? What have I done to hurt the black community?

you tell me...

(have you done anything to help it)

don't make inane comments about a serious subject...

Your the one calling me a racist and stuff. So tell me what I should do so the black community feels better about my white ass? How do I keep the black community from living a good life? How can you call me or accuse me of being a racist when you dont even know me. :S
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Besides the few who are born into wealth, do you know what the secret is to being financial stable? It's easy ...

Stop thinking of yourself as a victim and ...
start being more pro-active towards your future.

Do you think Obama became president because he sat back and waited for things to happen, or did Obama achieve success in his life because he took responsibility for his own future. Yes there is still racism in this world, but sitting back and thinking of yourself as a victim is not helping anything. The blacks you label as perpetual victims could learn a lot from the Chinese in regards to their work ethics. :P

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Has Obama Backed Off of a Big Opportunity to Heal America's Racial Divide?

What racial divide? A black man was just elected to the most powerfull office in the world over a white 'war hero/pow' and an attractive white woman who likes to hunt.

Personally I think Obama and the democrats are purpetuating the racial divide as a means of further kicking the Republicans while they are down. I find it abhorrible, as well as ignorant, that any criticism of Obama is deemed racist in the name of politics.

Let's not forget Obama told us exactly how he felt when asked about the incident between the Cambridge Police and Professor Gates.

"I don't know, not having been there and not seeing all the facts, what role race played," Obama said Wednesday night while taking questions after a White House news conference.

Cambridge authorities dropped disorderly conduct charges against Henry Louis Gates Jr. on Tuesday.

Obama defended Gates on Wednesday night, while admitting that he may be "a little biased," because Gates is a friend.

"But I think it's fair to say, No. 1, any of us would be pretty angry; No. 2, that the Cambridge police acted stupidly in arresting somebody when there was already proof that they were in their own home; and, No. 3 ... that there's a long history in this country of African-Americans and Latinos being stopped by law enforcement disproportionately."

The incident, Obama said, shows "how race remains a factor in this society."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/07/22/harvard.gates.interview/index.html

pretty telling in my opinion.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

The blacks you label as perpetual victims could learn a lot from the Chinese in regards to their work ethics. :P

so you're saying blacks are lazy?

No I am saying people like you are absolutely ridiculous to be playing your race card on virtually every thread that you start. But obviously "personal responsibility" means nothing to you.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

You know what what i think,....... I think you should change your name to Dreamworld! Cause that has to be were you get you idea's! Your like entering Carter territory.:S

i liked carter :)
(didn't like the way reagan paid for the iranian hostages though)

You know what what i think,....... I think you should change your name to Dreamworld! Cause that has to be were you get you idea's! Your like entering Carter territory.:S

i liked carter :)
(didn't like the way reagan paid for the iranian hostages though)

I noticed:S You two have alot in commen[:/]
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!