bodypilot90

The Media Fall for Phony 'Jobs' Claims

>Neither did the recession in 01 . . .

(psst - dude - neither Clinton nor Obama was president in 2001)

Wow...no shit?

Perhaps you recall the 'tech bubble'? You know, that thing that popped in 00 and started the recession that y'all blamed on Bush in 01?

According to NBER the recession started in March 2001.
Bush took over in Jan 2001.

Ok, for the sake of this thread I will give you we are in a Bush recession. What was the dallar valued at when Obama took over? What is it now?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Wow...no shit?

Perhaps you recall the 'tech bubble'? You know, that thing that popped in 00 and started the recession that y'all blamed on Bush in 01?

Ok, for the sake of this thread I will give you we are in a Bush recession. What was the dallar valued at when Obama took over? What is it now?

What was it valued at when Bush took over?
If you can't fix it with a hammer, the problem's electrical.

You guys really have to yield the point. Though Bush may have declared his intent to lower taxes by March of 2001, I think it would be hard to attribute the recession to news of this. The boom was over.

It makes a hell of a lot of sense to just admit that Bush didn't cause that one, and focus instead on all the responsibilities he has with this one (primarily deficit spending which makes responding to this recession much more painful). He had a nearly balance budget back then to work with...he did not leave the same to Obama.

Which party was denying "The R word" for clearly partisan electoral reasons well into the fall of 2008, when early action could have lessened the impact?

You guys really have to yield the point. Though Bush may have declared his intent to lower taxes by March of 2001, I think it would be hard to attribute the recession to news of this. The boom was over.

It makes a hell of a lot of sense to just admit that Bush didn't cause that one, and focus instead on all the responsibilities he has with this one (primarily deficit spending which makes responding to this recession much more painful). He had a nearly balance budget back then to work with...he did not leave the same to Obama.

Which party was denying "The R word" for clearly partisan electoral reasons well into the fall of 2008, when early action could have lessened the impact?

Who was in charge of Congress (hence spending) in 2008, again?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Wow...no shit?

It has increased 10% in value against the Japanese Yen, and has not changed against the Chinese Yuan.

Who was in charge of Congress (hence spending) in 2008, again?

The recession started in Dec 2007, again. You ARE having a problem with dates.

Where do you think you're going with that point?

Using the Euro, the value today is still higher than it was for most of last year. The surge in the dollar started in Oct/November, right as he was being elected. It of course is sliding with this deficit. Go back to the longer running whose fault is it threads for that.

You ARE having a problem with dates.

Yeah, about that... HOW many times have you had to revise that "second coming", now?

Might want to get that beam out of your own eye before you worry about the mote in mine, eh?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I think it's much more important to get people working together to FIX the problems than to worry about the particular "who" who caused them.

Except the fundamental flaw is that the majority of people from both sides may disagree about details, but they both think they government is the solution.

They're unable to see any possible solution that doesn't somehow serve themselves. They are the problem.

I couldn't agree more! Somewhere along the line, those "serving" this country in government changed it from a temporary position of servitude into a career ... which resulted in elected officials becoming more worried about what would get them reelected than about what is best for their constituents and the long term health of the country and it's economy. Prime example is what has been taking place now - try to fix this mess by spending and spending, don't worry about the future generations who will have to PAY for it all. The "me, now" generation in office ... LOL!!!
As long as you are happy with yourself ... who cares what the rest of the world thinks?

Wow...no shit?

Exactly!

Care to answer the question?
Abraham Lincoln

Wow...no shit?

Exactly!

Care to answer the question?

Asked and answered already:)

Thats two.

Which currency (when compared to the dollar) affects the cost of oil and gas in this country?
Abraham Lincoln

Thats two.

Which currency (when compared to the dollar) affects the cost of oil and gas in this country?

The price of oil on international markets is denominated in $US, and the dollar has maintained parity with that:P