rushmc

Of course we will need to call it something different than what it was called when the Bush Admin ran it

for some people, the Big O cannot do wrong

About the only thing that right-wingers are more guilty of than rank-and-file politics and snap judgements is labelling everyone that disagrees with them. Government eavsedropping is illegal, it was when Bush did it, and it still is. We'll have to see what the real story is, as it emerges, but Obama gets no excuses from me if he supports it.

OTOH, I didn't vote for him to stop wire-tapping. I voted for other reasons, and I'm willing to give him time to do them. I'm definitely not going to judge him based on a breaking story - let's hear what he himself has to say about it.

actually, I was talking about Quade's post (the whole "yeah, it's wrong, but it's not Obama's fault since Bush set it up first - in fact, we should try all of the Bush admin for crimes, and now for dangling temptation in front of the exaulted One"), not left wingers or right wingers explicitly

as far as 'labelling everyone that disagrees with them' - you can't seriously tie that to just one party - if so, I have a few cards to play

for that matter, figure out what's ironic in your statement "Right wingers label everyone....."

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

What I really love is that all of your news comes from Foxnews............[:/]

:DYep

and you cant counter it can you!!:)
Did you happen to see this today?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30238492/

i wonder who the/he is listening to?

Oh, and did you see this is not Fox??:D:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Oh, and by the way, I know the last link trashes Bush. They had to turn Obama continuing to do it as Bush's fault after all. And what else would one expect from pmsnbc?

:D

Abraham Lincoln

Looks to me like the Obama administration is working hard to remedy the illegal actions of its predecessor.

Looks to me like the Obama administration is working hard to remedy the illegal actions of its predecessor.

Hi kallend
Abraham Lincoln

Do you ever get the feeling that it doesn't matter who is in power? The same thing will happen. Those who derided the POTUS from the opposite party will excuse their boy/girl? And vice versa?

Well, to reiterate my own stance. I am against wiretapping, whether or not some kangaroo court approves it. I felt that way when Bush decided it was OK to break the law, and I still feel that way. If Obama condones it, then he will get no excuses from me.

And for those that support the FISA court, I ask again, how many terrorists have been captured from the tens of thousands of approved wiretaps? And do you think the four that have been rejected would have caught a terrorist?
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Do you ever get the feeling that it doesn't matter who is in power? The same thing will happen. Those who derided the POTUS from the opposite party will excuse their boy/girl? And vice versa?

Well, to reiterate my own stance. I am against wiretapping, whether or not some kangaroo court approves it. I felt that way when Bush decided it was OK to break the law, and I still feel that way. If Obama condones it, then he will get no excuses from me.

And for those that support the FISA court, I ask again, how many terrorists have been captured from the tens of thousands of approved wiretaps? And do you think the four that have been rejected would have caught a terrorist?

Its very simple..... put judges in place that do not play the rubber stamp game.... Law Enforcementhas a horrible track record when it comes to getting away with any damn thing they want. That is NOTwhat we need in this country.

If the people are engaged in criminal activity.. take it to the appropriate court... not the FISA Court. That should be reserved for the enemies that we have within... who have come herre to do harm to Americans.
I think FAR more people have been arrestedunder provisions of the sadly misnamed "Patriot Act" for all kinds of stupid offenses because of stupid lazy donut eating morons... who want to play god with their fellow citizens lives..... than from protecting us from islamic terrorists.

I agree wholeheartedly. I was mainly getting to the heart of the issue of the bipolar political nature.

Dems - take the position that warrantless wiretapping is wrong and villify the GOP for doing it. Then the Dem does it anyway and villifies the GOP for thinking it's okay.
GOP - take the position that wiretapping is fine, and does it. Then villifies the Dem for doing it.

Dems - think that taxing the rich and running huge deficits is fine and villifies a GOP leader for doing it.
GOP - takes the position that taxing the rich and running huge deficits is a bad thing. Then, the GOP does it anyway and villifies the Dem for actually believing it's okay.

The Dems and the GOP BOTH do the same thing. Their differences come in who actually believes that what they do is okay. Some feel guilty about doing it and some feel proud. Each is villified for feeling the way they feel. But they both do the same thing.

My wife is hotter than your wife.