airdvr

What the hell...let's just spend more

Pelosi: Congress Needs to 'Keep the Door Open' to Another Stimulus Package

"The word of the day is confidence. Confidence in our markets, confidence in lending, confidence in our financial institutions," Pelosi said before suggesting the need for another rescue package during a press conference Tuesday following a meeting with top economists.

Hard to beleive she really is that dumb. Doesn't she know that the porkulus scared the markets even more than the bailout?
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Hey man, I'm all shts n giggles about the liberals having some play time, but seriously...how can anyone really like Pelosi? I'm trying...but, ain't gonna happen...

I'm sure she'd be cool to have a beer with and shoot some stick after she gets booted...but politically she just creeps me out.

For example:
http://vodpod.com/watch/1418112-headzup-brad-pitt-meets-with-nancy-pelosi
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Pelosi: Congress Needs to 'Keep the Door Open' to Another Stimulus Package

"The word of the day is confidence. Confidence in our markets, confidence in lending, confidence in our financial institutions," Pelosi said before suggesting the need for another rescue package during a press conference Tuesday following a meeting with top economists.

Hard to beleive she really is that dumb. Doesn't she know that the porkulus scared the markets even more than the bailout?

Polosi found out that 2 people hiding out in the mountains in the western side of colorado had some t-bills that werent spent yet and relized that her job wasn't done.

This is blatant stupidity.!
Any of us ran our household this way, We would go bankrupt .The democrats are going all or nothing with everything..Blue Skies!

That is nothing new. If you had run your household the way the country was run in the last decade you would have been long bankrupt. (like 9 years ago)

A new "stimulus" plan emerged; in lieu of the $175 billion campaign plan, an $800 billion package was proposed by President-elect Obama and passed by Congress.

So what is the market saying now? The Dow Jones index—which fell 19 percent from Sept. 2 through Nov. 3—plummeted an additional 15 percent from Election Day through the passage of the "stimulus" bill on Feb. 12 (and then an additional 11 percent through the rest of February).

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/arts/chi-perspec0306marketmar08,0,1688182.story

The market just loves that stimulus spending. Of course, relatively little has actually been spent as of yet. The bulk of it won't occur until next year. Right before the mid-term elections. Hmmm.

Destinations by Roxanne

That doesn't prove the markets dove because of the stimilus package. Any other economic announcements during that time frame?

Like unemployment numbers, 4th quarter results, announcement that the US was in recession at the start of the 4th quarter....anything like that?

She forgot about confidence in our government.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

A new "stimulus" plan emerged; in lieu of the $175 billion campaign plan, an $800 billion package was proposed by President-elect Obama and passed by Congress.

So what is the market saying now? The Dow Jones index—which fell 19 percent from Sept. 2 through Nov. 3—plummeted an additional 15 percent from Election Day through the passage of the "stimulus" bill on Feb. 12 (and then an additional 11 percent through the rest of February).

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/arts/chi-perspec0306marketmar08,0,1688182.story

The market just loves that stimulus spending. Of course, relatively little has actually been spent as of yet. The bulk of it won't occur until next year. Right before the mid-term elections. Hmmm.

Do you have any idea what is involved in spending this kind of money? Would you prefer the government just hand huge checks to a bunch of companies with an order to "Do, umm, something with it"? That would be the GWB model for contracting.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Do you have any idea what is involved in spending this kind of money? Would you prefer the government just hand huge checks to a bunch of companies with an order to "Do, umm, something with it"? That would be the GWB model for contracting.

Blues,
Dave

Actually I'd prefer they hand me a check to spend as I see fit. Think that would stimulate the economy? Oh wait...gotta figure out what to do with me $13 when I get it.

Destinations by Roxanne

Blues,
Dave

Actually I'd prefer they hand me a check to spend as I see fit. Think that would stimulate the economy? Oh wait...gotta figure out what to do with me $13 when I get it.

Oddly enough, I never picked you as an advocate for welfare. Personally, I'd rather pay people to do something that's for the common good than simply give them a check for nothing. It's your and my tax dollars being spent...shouldn't we get something for them?

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

Blues,
Dave

Oddly enough, I never picked you as an advocate for welfare. Personally, I'd rather pay people to do something that's for the common good than simply give them a check for nothing. It's your and my tax dollars being spent...shouldn't we get something for them?

Blues,
Dave

Nice try. That's our money...we paid it (or will). And what is it you think we're going to 'get'. Hardly welfare.

Destinations by Roxanne

Blues,
Dave

Blues,
Dave

Nice try. That's our money...we paid it (or will). And what is it you think we're going to 'get'. Hardly welfare.

If the government says, "Hey, times are tough, here...have a check", that's welfare in my book. I'd most prefer that they stay out of the spending thing altogether, but if they must, I find "Hey, times are tough, here...have a job" much more palatable.

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

If the government says, "Hey, times are tough, here...have a check", that's welfare in my book. I'd most prefer that they stay out of the spending thing altogether, but if they must, I find "Hey, times are tough, here...have a job" much more palatable.

You think that's what they're saying? have a job? How about "Times are tough...let's give you a meaningful tax break so you'll have more money to inject into the economy"?

Unfortunately what I'm seeing is "times are tough...let the government save you."

Pass.

Destinations by Roxanne

You think that's what they're saying? have a job? How about "Times are tough...let's give you a meaningful tax break so you'll have more money to inject into the economy"?

Unfortunately what I'm seeing is "times are tough...let the government save you."

Pass.

A tax break is no different than handing out a check, with the exception of who gets it. And here's a hint...when the government says they're going to spend x money on projects a, b, and c, they have to hire companies to build that bridge, change out those computers, modernize that building, or clean up that nuclear waste site. A spending bill is all about giving people jobs and getting something in return, as opposed to giving people checks/tax breaks and getting nothing in return. My company does a fair amount of work on federal projects (through other contractors), and with this injection of stimulus funding, we went from down-sizing mode to hiring mode...albeit with lots of strings attached so that we can demonstrate exactly how those dollars get spent. There's gonna be an entire cottage industry springing up to track & report the spending of this stimulus money, probably too much red tape, but at least this money IS going to create jobs at a time when they were going away.

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

I get what your point is. But it's not as thought they're giving you the government's money. It's your's, and your kid's, and their kid's money. Buying jobs to create money...ah forget it.[:/]

Destinations by Roxanne

I get what your point is. But it's not as thought they're giving you the government's money. It's your's, and your kid's, and their kid's money. Buying jobs to create money...ah forget it.[:/]

Agreed. and like I said, I'd preferred we not have spent this money of our children and our grandchildren. The only silver lining I can find is, "Well, at least we're not just GIVING it away".

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)