JohnRich

Another Good Liberal

I am sorry. I dont understand why the title of this thread is "another good liberal."
I didn't see the word Liberal in any of that article.

If you didn't see the word then that demonstrates that you didn't read all of the article. Quote:
“I think a lot of people see this as a liberal professor going after a student because he likes guns."
It's also a spin-off from Amazon's thread "Another good christian". She's always bashing religious conservatives, so I thought I'd send a salvo back the other way. And since this professor is apparently paranoid about guns, it's a safe bet that she's a die-hard liberal.

If the kid is stupid enough to shoot off his mouth..he had best be smart enough to keep his weapons off state property. With the history of Choe and others... openly advocating carrying.. while living in the dorms.. is certainly going to set off all kinds of peoples warning bells. He opened the door for the authorities to look VERY closely at him.

So you're okay with the police detaining and questioning people who utter politically incorrect speech?

Should she call the police on students who gave a speech on the legalization of drugs, to see if they have any illegal drugs in their possession on campus?

Should she call the police on students who give a speech on relaxing laws against illegal immigrants, to ensure that they are legal citizens themselves?

Gee..I guess I just respond that way to the angry men on here who can't or won't rub a few brain cells together rather then getting all of their opinions from Lush Rimjob or Wayne LaPierre types and respond in a manner commensurate with having a brain in their head...the big head,,the one on top of their body.

There ya go - I knew you'd get your insults in sooner or later. Feel better now?

Perhaps I am missing the point to this thread but I see it more as a freedom of speech issue rather than a right to bear arms issue. In the end the question is did the professor do the right thing by calling the cops on the student? I would say yes if the student displayed some psychological imbalance during his presentation. However, the word paranoia comes to mind if the cops were called based on the subject matter alone.

It's hard to say exactly which case it might be based solely on the article.

Lets face it some of us firmly in the 2nd amendment camp can be a bit vociferous. Whether or not the prof was paranoid or not.. with the kinds of arguments he was making.. I am sure the prof had reason to question whether he was willing to follow up with actions.. such as having weapons on STATE property.

With the right.. comes responsibility.

If the kid is stupid enough to shoot off his mouth..he had best be smart enough to keep his weapons off state property. With the history of Choe and others... openly advocating carrying.. while living in the dorms.. is certainly going to set off all kinds of peoples warning bells. He opened the door for the authorities to look VERY closely at him.

So you're okay with the police detaining and questioning people who utter politically incorrect speech?

Should she call the police on students who gave a speech on the legalization of drugs, to see if they have any illegal drugs in their possession on campus?

Should she call the police on students who give a speech on relaxing laws against illegal immigrants, to ensure that they are legal citizens themselves?

I guess you are COMPLETELY oblivious to what has been happening on college and high school campuses.... whats the death toll to now?????

2nd amendment camp can be a bit vociferous.

I agree. One of the expressions that makes me cringe every time I hear or read it is...I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6. I would not be surprised if he used it during his presentation.

I am sure the prof had reason to question whether he was willing to follow up with actions..

I hope so but I have doubts.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

I guess you are COMPLETELY oblivious to what has been happening on college and high school campuses.... whats the death toll to now?????

"Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security." Benjamin Franklin

"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

Quote:
"Ahhh got it.. too fucking chicken to answer a question I have asked. Typical spin spin spin and doubletalkCrazyCrazyCrazy"
This is the second time in two days I've turned your own words back against you.
You should learn to be a bit more careful about what you're saying on here...
But thanks for the entertainment.

Quote: "Ahhh got it.. too fucking chicken to answer a question I have asked. Typical spin spin spin and doubletalkCrazyCrazyCrazy"

This is the second time in two days I've turned your own words back against you.
You should learn to be a bit more careful about what you're saying on here...

BIG head John...Big Head...

YOU never DID answer the question.. At least SOME former military had a modicum of INTEGRITY and answered.

You do not have the right to break the law in your RIGHT to bear arms...PERIOD

Did YOU keep any personalweapons on base when you were active duty????

FWIW, perhaps the rules changed. Here on Campbell, POWs (now the term used, the old "POW" is now "EPW"...:S) for those that live on post, must be kept in their Company's Arms Vault. If you live off post...the Provost Marshall doesn't have an interest.

Thank you Jason and Max.. I am glad to see SOMEONE out there has some integrity to answer the question.

When I was in personal weapons had to be kept at the base Security Police offices where the lockup was. Personal weapons were banned on base. Personally I thought that was a good thing considerring how shit faced so many guys got on a VERY regular basis. I am a firm believer in not mixing alcohol and weapons.

I have had a concealed carry permit for a while now and I know where I can carry and where I can't. In striving to be a law abiding citizen exercising my 2nd amendment rights I try to make sure I do not break the law and give them an excuse.... any excuse.. to restrict those rights. Carrying a weapon to certain places like courthouses or other state facilities can get you into a world of hurt. In the current climate I can certainly understand why such restrictions have come about. The ability to take your weapons where ever you wish is just not reasonable after some people have abused our right by demonstrating their ability to be complete fuckups. Along with the right to carry is the RESPONSIBILITY to use the weapons in the proper way.

Do I think that being able to carry on campus.. or a courthouse coupld possibly prevent some of the things we have seen in the last ten years??? HELL YEAH. BUT... a very BIG BUT. The laws are in place to prevent some places at some times. Thats the law.. dont like the law...get it changed.

If the kid is stupid enough to shoot off his mouth..he had best be smart enough to keep his weapons off state property. With the history of Choe and others... openly advocating carrying.. while living in the dorms.. is certainly going to set off all kinds of peoples warning bells.

He opened the door for the authorities to look VERY closely at him.

I looked up the reasoning they were so strident there in Connecticut.

The college policy is fairly clear.

http://www.ccsu.edu/PublicSafety/default.htm

We follow the State’s Zero Tolerance Policy for workplace violence and weapons on State property.

The state Policy

search.cga.state.ct.us/dl2008/rpt/doc/2008-R-0623.doc

On March 6, 1998, a disgruntled employee, returning to work after a leave to treat stress, went on a shooting rampage at the Connecticut Lottery Office and killed four people and then himself.

In the aftermath, the state announced a comprehensive statewide security initiative to review security measures at all state buildings and establish security standards.

The following year, the legislature enacted PA 99-220. It established the Statewide Security Management Council, required the Department of Public Works (DPW) to establish safety standards, and authorized DPW to conduct security audits of state facilities.

A few months later, Gov. Rowland issued Executive Order No. 16 (see attachment 1) that banned state employees from bringing weapons or dangerous instruments onto any state worksite (unless required to as a condition of employment). In addition to addressing violence in the workplace, the order addressed threatening, harassing, or intimidating behavior and required employees to report such behavior immediately.

This was a college student that lives 20 miles from campus that did an oral presentation on gun violence, not a 3rd grade show and fucking tell. So, your "question" wasn't germane to the situation at all.

This student was harassed by the professor and the campus police for presenting an argument that the professor didn't agree with.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

This was a college student that lives 20 miles from campus that did an oral presentation on gun violence, not a 3rd grade show and fucking tell. So, your "question" wasn't germane to the situation at all.

This student was harassed by the professor and the campus police for presenting an argument that the professor didn't agree with.

That night, police called Wahlberg, a 23-year-old senior, and asked him to come to the station. When he arrived, they they read off a list of firearms that were registered in his name and asked where he kept them. Guns are strictly prohibited on the CCSU campus and residence halls, but Wahlberg says he lives 20 miles off-campus and keeps his gun collection locked up in a safe. No further action was taken by police or administrators

Based on the list of guns he had.and based on his professed desire to CARRY on state property..I would say a prudent officer of the law would check to make sure that no laws were being broken.

I know in YOUR world. you want all the rights.. but with that comes.. COMMON SENCE... with a very big helping of RESPONSIBILITY for those who own and carry.

what has that got to do with a student doing his assignment as the teacher wanted? If the student wasn't doing an assignment i could see a problem, but he was instructed to do exactly what he did. did the teacher call the fbi on anyone saying bad things about Obama? or any other agency for anything else that was deemed controversial?

what has that got to do with a student doing his assignment as the teacher wanted? If the student wasn't doing an assignment i could see a problem, but he was instructed to do exactly what he did. did the teacher call the fbi on anyone saying bad things about Obama? or any other agency for anything else that was deemed controversial?

BRAIN CELLS.. when they are rubbed together properly... you get a synthesis... BUT than means using them.. rather than relying on others to tell you what to think and believe.

I know in YOUR world. you want all the rights.. but with that comes.. COMMON SENCE... with a very big helping of RESPONSIBILITY for those who own and carry.

"the students presented their view that the death toll in the April 2007 Virginia Tech shooting massacre would have been lower if professors and students had been carrying guns."

The fact is, you don't KNOW what he said - you ASSume that he said "I want to carry my gun on campus". More of your telepathy, Jeanne? Can you give me this week's Powerball numbers, too?

>> I would say a prudent officer of the law would check to make sure no laws were broken<<

I presume you also have no problem with the police searching your car during a traffic stop - just to make sure no laws are broken.

You *do* know that you just blew ALL of your protests against the Patriot Act RIGHT out of the water with this comment, right?

Oh, and here's where your "did you keep guns on base" bullshit broke down and why I said it wasn't germane:

"Wahlberg says he lives 20 miles off-campus and keeps his gun collection locked up in a safe."

Reading is fundamental.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

BRAIN CELLS.. when they are rubbed together properly... you get a synthesis... BUT than means using them.. rather than relying on others to tell you what to think and believe.

You should try it sometime....using them, I mean.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

BIG head John...Big Head...

YOU never DID answer the question.. At least SOME former military had a modicum of INTEGRITY and answered.

You do not have the right to break the law in your RIGHT to bear arms...PERIOD

Your question wasn't relevant. But ignoring that flaw, I didn't need to answer the question. By the time I returned to the discussion the next day, others had already provided your answer for you.

Therefore, just because I don't stay glued to the computer all night to respond immediately to your questions, does not mean I lack integrity.

But using your own standard here, since you have failed to answer my questions, I guess that means that YOU have no modicum of integrity. Right?

Note: This is the third time now your own behavior has backfired on you. If you're going to insult people in such a manner, you should be careful to avoid imitating that same behavior yourself.

Did someone in this discussion claim that they had the right to break the law? Or is this just an invented straw man argument for which you can easily claim victory, since everything else you're saying is going down the tubes? Well, I hope it soothes your wounded ego.

I eagerly await your next insult.

Based on the list of guns he had.and based on his professed desire to CARRY on state property..I would say a prudent officer of the law would check to make sure that no laws were being broken.

"the students presented their view that the death toll in the April 2007 Virginia Tech shooting massacre would have been lower if professors and students had been carrying guns."

The fact is, you don't KNOW what he said - you ASSume that he said "I want to carry my gun on campus". More of your telepathy, Jeanne? Can you give me this week's Powerball numbers, too?

>> I would say a prudent officer of the law would check to make sure no laws were broken<<

I presume you also have no problem with the police searching your car during a traffic stop - just to make sure no laws are broken.

You *do* know that you just blew ALL of your protests against the Patriot Act RIGHT out of the water with this comment, right?

Oh, and here's where your "did you keep guns on base" bullshit broke down and why I said it wasn't germane:

"Wahlberg says he lives 20 miles off-campus and keeps his gun collection locked up in a safe."

Reading is fundamental.

Yes. READING is fundamental... The police did not KNOW where... until they followed up now did they.

Obviously your bright boy got people's attention... he needs to be smarter. and with what is currently going on.. many police departments are over reacting. He was not arrested.he was not searched.. his guns were not taken away.. talk about ASSuming something.

You forget YOUR guy actually arrested people on suspicions.. and sent them to YOUR part of the world.... and I bet they diod not have a lot of fun there in Eastern Europe

More ASSumptions..they asked him to come in after he obviously got their attention.. Personally I dont think he is very bright to make LEO's suspicious in todays world.. you know.. where YOUR heros GW and Ashcroft put into effect the ability to have a nice quaint police state.

Hell yes. If its breaking the law then hell yes.

Talk about strawmen:S:S:S:S

Got any other innane stupid strawmen posing as questions ???

I would like confirmation on this...

You think the police should be called on a student who gives a class presentation (as was required by the teacher) on the legalization of marijuana so that the student and the student's property can be searched for marijuana.

Is this correct Jeane?
www.FourWheelerHB.com

I would like confirmation on this...

You think the police should be called on a student who gives a class presentation (as was required by the teacher) on the legalization of marijuana so that the student and the student's property can be searched for marijuana.

Is this correct Jeane?

There are power in words. OBVIOUSLY he said something in the presentation to cause the professor to alert authorities...

And Ok.. give me some statistics on death by explosive blunts on campuses across the country... :ph34r::ph34r:

Yes. READING is fundamental... The police did not KNOW where... until they followed up now did they.

Bullcrap - you think the college doesn't have records of who are living in the dorms? Talk about "spin"!

Obviously your bright boy got people's attention... he needs to be smarter. and with what is currently going on.. many police departments are over reacting. He was not arrested.he was not searched.. his guns were not taken away.. talk about ASSuming something.

So, since he's "done nothing wrong", he doesn't have anything to worry about, Jeanne? Your arguments against the Patriot Act just get weaker and weaker.

Again - BULLCRAP - this kid was harassed for speaking out on a subject that the so-called "professor" didn't like.

You forget YOUR guy actually arrested people on suspicions.. and sent them to YOUR part of the world.... and I bet they diod not have a lot of fun there in Eastern Europe

My guy? I've already said I didn't vote for Bush - I guess your raging BDS made you forget.

Too bad the modern incarnation of the rendition program was actually started by YOUR guy.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Bullcrap - you think the college doesn't have records of who are living in the dorms? Talk about "spin"!

So, since he's "done nothing wrong", he doesn't have anything to worry about, Jeanne? Your arguments against the Patriot Act just get weaker and weaker.

Again - BULLCRAP - this kid was harassed for speaking out on a subject that the so-called "professor" didn't like.

My guy? I've already said I didn't vote for Bush - I guess your raging BDS made you forget.

Too bad the modern incarnation of the rendition program was actually started by YOUR guy.

You cant really be stupid enough to think that LEO's do not go on fishing expeditions all on their own... frequently... based on very little evidence:S:S:S

Yeah... rendition USED to be used sparingly..before your boy and his fellow travellers got into power. but even though you are trying DESPARATELY to distance yourself from Bush.. I know what you said.. but after supporting SO MUCH OF HIS BULLSHIT..... pardon me if my BULLSHIT meter is pegging out yet again.

Thought police have been around for a while.

Donna Shalala served as Chancellor of the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Under her chancellorship and with her support, the University adopted a broad speech code subjecting students to disciplinary action for communications that were perceived as hate speech. That speech code was later found unconstitutional by a federal judge.[2] Also while chancellor, Shalala supported passage of a revised faculty speech code broadly restricting "harmful" speech in both "noninstructional" and "instructional" settings. The faculty speech code was abolished ten years later, after a number of professors were investigated for alleged or suspected violations.[3]

And... with that record of violation of the First Amendment, she served for eight years as Secretary of Health and Human Services under President Clinton. AND She was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the nation's highest civilian honor, by President George W. Bush in June 2008. So BOTH the Democratic side and the Republican side of the presidency seem to be able to bypass violation of rights.

You have the right to remain silent.... well .... until they tell you to talk.