tbrown

Sockin' It to Hamas

The humanitarian crisis that Israel has created with the blockade.

you're right. Next time the fire rockets at our towns we should send them flowers...

They'd rather have a sandwich. Actually they'd rather have about 1.5 million sandwiches. That might get them up to minimal subsistence levels for a day.

They'd rather have a sandwich

I wonder how many sandwiches they could buy instead of one rocket...
I'm sure its much easier to smuggle sandwiches through the hundreds of tunnels they've been digging than it is to smuggle rockets.

for some reason you keep thinking that it is a given fact that Israel has to supply Gaza with anything.
considering the fact that there is a hostile government that attacks Israel, any aid that is given (and it is given) should be praised...
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

for some reason you keep thinking that it is a given fact that Israel has to supply Gaza with anything.

Because it IS a fact. They are your prisoners and Israel's actions in Gaza violate international law. Just because Hamas breaks similar laws doesn't mean that it's ok for Israel to do the same, or worse. And the only reason that Israel is allowed to break international laws with no consequences is because of us.

Because it IS a fact. They are your prisoners and Israel's actions in Gaza violate international law. Just because Hamas breaks similar laws doesn't mean that it's ok for Israel to do the same, or worse. And the only reason that Israel is allowed to break international laws with no consequences is because of us.

Then who allows Hamas to break the laws? If someone, or some country, had stopped the rockets then Israel wouldn't have gone in.

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

Then who allows Hamas to break the laws? If someone, or some country, had stopped the rockets then Israel wouldn't have gone in.

What can anyone else do? Sanction a group whose greater population resides in a concentration camp behind a US enabled Israeli blockade? Send in Multinational troops to help patrol and the borders? Good luck getting Israel to agree to the latter. I'm all for it, West Bank included.

What can anyone else do? Sanction a group whose greater population resides in a concentration camp behind a US enabled Israeli blockade? Send in Multinational troops to help patrol and the borders? Good luck getting Israel to agree to the latter. I'm all for it, West Bank included.

If nobody can stop them from lobbing rockets then why are you so upset Israel finally had enough and went in?

It was my impression that the blockade from Israel began after Hamas took over and started launching rockets and mortars. What should they have done? The Egyptian border, to my knowledge, allowed Palestinians to leave.

I think your definition of a concentration camp may be a little off.

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

Not directed at anyone in particular...

You simply cannot defend the bombing on the UN building in Gaza. That Israeli strike destroyed what little supplies the UN has there in the way of food and medical supplies. I understand that the Israeli reasoning was that Hamas gunmen were shooting from the UN building and the Israeli army had no choice. ... Sorry, but that is Bullshit.

I am ashamed that the only country not condemning this is the US.

If nobody can stop them from lobbing rockets then why are you so upset Israel finally had enough and went in?

Because Israel won't cease provoking the Palestinians through their policy of collective punishment. But that's not what makes me upset. It's our government's unofficial policy of ignoring our official policy with regard to the Israeli/Palestinian conflict that torques the shit out of me.

It was my impression that the blockade from Israel began after Hamas took over and started launching rockets and mortars.

The marginalization of Hamas began the day after they won the majority of the Parliament. The blockade began after Hamas overthrew the Fatah government because they were doing little to help the people in Gaza and the Fatah leadership was living the good life while their people suffered.

What should they have done? The Egyptian border, to my knowledge, allowed Palestinians to leave.

Not for long. The US, Israel and Egypt closed it.

I think your definition of a concentration camp may be a little off.

Do some more research. BBC is ok, Btselem.org is pretty good for the overall conflict, and Human Rights Watch isn't bad for Gaza info. But don't stop there. Keep digging into reputable news sources and decide for yourself.

Not directed at anyone in particular...

You simply cannot defend the bombing on the UN building in Gaza. That Israeli strike destroyed what little supplies the UN has there in the way of food and medical supplies. I understand that the Israeli reasoning was that Hamas gunmen were shooting from the UN building and the Israeli army had no choice. ... Sorry, but that is Bullshit.

I am ashamed that the only country not condemning this is the US.

And no one is condemning using the UN as cover for hostile actions? If they're really inside the building, the UN should either make them leave, or get out themselves.

Which is really the entirety of the Palestinian strategy - try to use the tyranny of the UN mob to get what they can't get legitimately from Israel.

>And no one is condemning using the UN as cover for hostile actions?

Both are despicable actions. Neither is an excuse for the other.

One causes the other.

As I wrote far earlier in one of these threads. When a robber at the 7-11 causes a bystander to by shot accidental (by a cop or another bystander), the robber is responsible; his actions were the direct cause of the event.

The only defense here is that Hamas really wasn't there.

And no one is condemning using the UN as cover for hostile actions?

Were they? And who is "they"? Hamas militants or non-combatant Palestinians?
I don't know yet and I don't know that we will. But one thing is certain, the IDF has a history of shooting at the UN, even the Red Cross for that matter. It also has pretty lousy history of investigating itself. I trust them for the truth as much as I trust my outgoing Vice President.

>One causes the other.

And will, forever.

>As I wrote far earlier in one of these threads. When a robber at the 7-11
>causes a bystander to by shot accidental (by a cop or another bystander),
> the robber is responsible; his actions were the direct cause of the event.

Right. And when the owner of the 7/11 kills a few families in the robber's neighborhood because he's sick of being robbed - he is the direct cause of _those_ deaths.

Right. And when the owner of the 7/11 kills a few families in the robber's neighborhood because he's sick of being robbed - he is the direct cause of _those_ deaths.

your analogy suggests that I (as a citizen who got hurt by terror) pick up a gun and go kill the robber's family.

a better analogy would be the local police chasing the robber, getting into a gun fight with him and killing a few people while the robber uses them as shields.
big difference...
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

My goodness, your position is indefensible yet you continue.

The UN denied that anyone was shooting from their buildings and for some reason I believe them. The building the Israelis targeted had food and medical supplies. Israel also hit a hospital and a building housing international journalists.

Disgraceful and wrong; Perhaps it is time for the UN/US to mobilize forces to stop the Israeli aggression.

That’s what happens when people make up their mind despite the facts.

It’s unfortunate to say the least

IRONY score... right off the scale[:/][:/][:/][:/]

Yea and you are just such a logical person which such great input I am sure your opinion means so much.:|:S
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

You posts are nothing but rhetoric to stir the pot.

You have stated that the Middle East should be turned in to a glass parking lot. You show in inability to feel for anyone who disagrees with you. You show an inability for any culture that you can not understand. You try to justify the death of children simply because there Muslims.
It seems you forget that before we are a race, creed, or religion we are humane beings.

Basically your posts would have more merit if you wroth BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Good luck with that.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

You have stated that the Middle East should be turned in to a glass parking lot. You show in inability to feel for anyone who disagrees with you. You show an inability for any culture that you can not understand. You try to justify the death of children simply because there Muslims.
It seems you forget that before we are a race, creed, or religion we are humane beings

Ah yes more of the same old same old view of the poor agrieved brown people with victim scrawled on their foreheads( till they run around the corner to the UN Headquarters parking lot and light off a Kasam rocket then run back around the corner to get back in the demonstration )

You seem to be incapable of what peace is and what war can be.

I value cultures that can live on the planet in peace and prosper and have have happy and fulfilled children.

But that seems to escape those who are running the show in Teheran and Damascus and across the mountains into the plethora of STANs

I think the parking lot idea is a VERY good one.... if you are incapable of peace then you desrve the best war the west can bring to you.

Are you incapable of seeing the difference.

You talk about the poor little children.. just like the terrorists.. who use them as sheilds by launching their rockets from the kids back yard.

Want to protect them... live in peace with your neighbors.. get on with living... rather than teaching them they have nothing to live for but to become shaheeds. I am quite sure a 5 or 6 year old is not thinking with their dick and wishing for their 72 virgins.