Andrewwhyte

Good news for Christians from the world of science

At this stage I'm not questioning because of your opinion, but because it's funny watching you squirm about and get so hot and bothered. BTW, here's a tip: trying to take the moral high ground while insulting someone - really not that impressive.

Well, it is good to see you have finally let go of you obsession with me.
If anyone is "squirming", that would be you. I have seen a thousand schoolboys like you in my life, you are no different than the rest, so it takes more than what you are capable of dishing out over the 'net to get me very upset. (Your idea that a skydiving forum can somehow be held to the same standards of accuracy as a scientific forum is quite entertaining, though.)
As far as taking "the moral high ground" while insulting someone...your posts in that regard are no different than my own.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

Your idea that a skydiving forum can somehow be held to the same standards of accuracy as a scientific forum is quite entertaining, though.

I've never been on a science forum. I have no idea how they might do things. I'm also not holding the forum itself to any standard of accuracy. I'm just pointing out where I think you're talking rubbish and getting yourself tied up in contradictions. For some reason you seem to really, really not like that (from anyone, not just me) - or is there some other reason that you're still throwing insults around?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Your idea that a skydiving forum can somehow be held to the same standards of accuracy as a scientific forum is quite entertaining, though.

I've never been on a science forum. I have no idea how they might do things. I'm also not holding the forum itself to any standard of accuracy. I'm just pointing out where I think you're talking rubbish and getting yourself tied up in contradictions. For some reason you seem to really, really not like that (from anyone, not just me) - or is there some other reason that you're still throwing insults around?

Wow.:| I think you really do believe all the BS you post.
HAMMER:

Read it. Interesting book, good stories; but not something to be read as literal truth. Good at providing some lessons, preposterously bad as a source for practical information.

For me, the Bibles main purpose is for individual edificaiton, growth, and providing an escape from sinful mediocrity. My life is a validation of that. Beyond that, its meaning becomes shrouded in controversy.

"For me it is much more logical to pin the singularity that started this whole experience on an existing God than the god of chance occurrence"

why pin it in on any kind of god?

You appearntly conclude god exists to start But more logical thinking doesnt start with its conclusion.

How do you know you "profound pyschologicla coping skills" came from god?

Read it. Interesting book, good stories; but not something to be read as literal truth. Good at providing some lessons, preposterously bad as a source for practical information.

For me, the Bibles main purpose is for individual edificaiton, growth, and providing an escape from sinful mediocrity. My life is a validation of that. Beyond that, its meaning becomes shrouded in controversy.

Agreed. If taken as great stories providing lessons for humanity, it is a very good book.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

-- why pin it in on any kind of god?

I find it a necessary first step in trying to make some kind of sense out of the chaos.

--You appearntly conclude god exists to start But more logical thinking doesnt start with its conclusion

I might agree with your logic, but not your order of events. The universe is the conclusion, God or chance occurrence is the reason. But since God uses chance occurrence to accomplish much of His creations, "chance occurrence" is not the most simplified factor when one tries to dissect out the originator & purpose of life.

---How do you know you "profound pyschologicla coping skills" came from god?

They came from the application of Bible Doctrine to my personally constructed reality. Bible Doctrine came from God through the inspired writings of those who knew Him.

They came from the application of Bible Doctrine to my personally constructed reality. Bible Doctrine came from God through the inspired writings of those who knew Him.

There are many people who would ascribe similar benefits to pretty much every religious book out there.I don't see how those experiences can count as evidence for any particular god.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

-- why pin it in on any kind of god?

I find it a necessary first step in trying to make some kind of sense out of the chaos.

--You appearntly conclude god exists to start But more logical thinking doesnt start with its conclusion

I might agree with your logic, but not your order of events. The universe is the conclusion, God or chance occurrence is the reason. But since God uses chance occurrence to accomplish much of His creations, "chance occurrence" is not the most simplified factor when one tries to dissect out the originator & purpose of life.

I've seen lots of people on the street who claim to know God personally and claim to have conversations with him, but I'll be damned if I use what they say to pattern my life.
Heck, my dog makes more sense and all she does is bark, belch, and occasionally groan.
HAMMER: