miked10270

Time for a Giggle?

I think so

Perhaps it's time to buy one of those QVC T-Shirts.

Meanwhile... What dog will the Obamas get for The White House?

I know that the odds-on favourite is a Pit-Bull Bitch called "Lipstick"... But my money is on a Border Collie 'cos they're Black AND White AND Intelligent.

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

I know that the odds-on favourite is a Pit-Bull Bitch called "Lipstick"

Obama is going to be classier and smarter than that. It will 100% absolutely not be a "pit-bull," not just because of the obvious joke but also because of the connotation to urban gangs. My guess is that it will be a "real" dog and not some furry footstool like Barney. It will be a dog that is good with kids too.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Obama is going to be classier and smarter than that. It will 100% absolutely not be a "pit-bull," not just because of the obvious joke but also because of the connotation to urban gangs. My guess is that it will be a "real" dog and not some furry footstool like Barney. It will be a dog that is good with kids too.

Any retriever type dog will fill the bill nicely.

. . =(_8^(1)

IF Obama is sincere in his empathy with the common man, and IF he doesn't want to come across as an elitist, and IF he wants to send a good message...he and his family will go to a dog shelter and adopt a mutt.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

Any retriever type dog will fill the bill nicely.

I have a 15 mth. old yellow lab named Buddy that still needs a good home. Now that would be cool. Joe 18pack gives dog to prez.
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

IF Obama is sincere in his empathy with the common man, and IF he doesn't want to come across as an elitist, and IF he wants to send a good message...he and his family will go to a dog shelter and adopt a mutt.

Could happen . . . ya never know until ya see it, but I wouldn't count that out.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

"Our job moving forward is to wave pom-poms and yell 'Sa-rah! Sa-rah!' at the top of our lungs for the next few years. We're the ones who will be making sure that Sarah's accomplishments in Alaska continue to be highlighted and that she stays at the top of any and all lists of potential 2012 candidates," Mr Brickley said.

Cool! Maybe we should donate to their cause to ensure that Sarah Palin will be the Republican Presidential candidate in 2012! :D;)>:(:D
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Could happen . . . ya never know until ya see it, but I wouldn't count that out.

funny, they were just talking about this very thing on NPR. apparently there are petitions being signed all over the country, PETA has already contacted him insisting he adopt (they went further and said no pure breds), etc...

anywho, he has already said on record that if and when they get a dog, they will be adopting from a shelter. yay! i highly doubt he'd go against his word there....especially after the pressure he's already getting. he did say that one of his daughter has allergies, so the dog has to be hypoallergenic (like a poodle) apparently the girls want a labradoodle. awwwww!:P
Oh Canada, merci pour la livraison!

What dog will the Obamas get for The White House?

All that is wrong in the world and this is what is on people's minds.

I have very little hope for the human race, no matter who is in the White House.

B|
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

. . . My guess is that it will be a "real" dog and not some furry footstool like Barney. It will be a dog that is good with kids too.

Perhaps you should tell that Reuters reporter your thoughts about furry footstools.

OBTW I find dogs to be very good judges of character. Kudos for Barney caution to Barack. With a daughter with alergies hypoalergenic pups are limited to just a few breeds.

---------------------------------------------
Every day is a bonus - every night is an adventure.