ianmdrennan

Sarah Palin stuff coming out

so..? That's nothing that a 4 year degree in Government & Geography can't fix!:)
All she's gotta do is win the appropriate sports scholarship.:S

It's a shame that for her, "Win" is a four-letter-word.[:/]

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

"I wish I could have told you back at the time, but all of it was put off the record until after the election"

What kind of a fucking reporter is this?

When a reporter is getting inside info it is almost always with conditions such as source confidentiality, time of news release, etc. Most likely this reporter was asked by his source not to divulge that info until after the election. To have gone against these wishes could very well ruin the reporters career. (Who would ever trust him again?)
With that in mind, and since the public had a good idea of Palin's lack of qualifications anyway, it made no sense for the reporter to come out sooner.
I think he did a very good job.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

:o
So who couldn't see that she was a liability right from the start and would be used as a scapegoat when the election went to shit for the GOP? -

Palin put the ALAS in Alaska - She's toast - NEXT

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I don't think you'll find this is a single person.

She's a problem for the GOP, and I think you'll see them be more public about that now that they haven't won the election.

I can totally understand them keeping it under wraps until this was all over, it would only hurt their cause more. Now, though, the public can be made aware of just how bad a pick she really was.

Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

When Palin was first chosen I thought she was a good choice. Now that she is back in Alaska I hope she stays there for a long, long time.
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

When Palin was first chosen I thought she was a good choice. Now that she is back in Alaska I hope she stays there for a long, long time.

I think a lot of us did. At first I thought she was a brilliant choice. Unfortunately as we started to learn more and more about her it became clear that she was more damaging than positive.

I'm curious how the process for chosing a running mate goes - someone must have thought she was a good choice - I'm curious as to why.

Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

Uhhhhhhhhh and how long did it take her to get that vaunted Journalism degree???

I've no idea. I don't think The Internet is old enough to tell us!

:P

Mike.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

I think a lot of us did. At first I thought she was a brilliant choice. Unfortunately as we started to learn more and more about her it became clear that she was more damaging than positive.

I'm curious how the process for chosing a running mate goes - someone must have thought she was a good choice - I'm curious as to why.

Ian

She has a vagina, and had a shot as swaying Hillary voters.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

that's what i'm waiting for, more people to come forward, and they eventually will. when multiple people come out and say the same things then the story is believable. for the time being, its only one anonymous source (at least at the time of this post, things change fast) so i'm going to reserve judgement. i think there are a lot of people who want to believe this, so it will be easy for this story to grow legs, but if its all bullshit, its very unfortunate. i think there were much bigger problems with the mccain campaign than sarah palin.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

I'm curious how the process for chosing a running mate goes - someone must have thought (Palin) was a good choice - I'm curious as to why.

Ian

I suspect most of the answers to this question will be Not-Work-Safe and will include the search terms "Larry Flynt" & "Nailin Paylin".

Mike.

When Palin was first chosen I thought she was a good choice.

Any time you have the -vast- majority of political reporters and junkies asking, "Who the fuck is that?" it's not a good sign.

There is, by all accounts, exactly ONE person in all of Speakers Corner that thought she would be a "good" choice for VP before she was announced and that's Vinnie the Anvil. That should tell you something about her (possibly him too!;)).

No, sorry, but anyone that could listen to what she was saying without being distracted by her looks could instantly tell she simply didn't know enough about how the world worked in general, let alone how the world's most powerful country worked.

Now the reports are coming out about just how fucked up a choice she really was.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Now, though, the public can be made aware of just how bad a pick she really was.

That's what peaked my interest though. You're telling me that McCain's campaign did not look into her or did a full check on anything that might damage his ticket with her as a VP pick. I never did like her, but I think the GOP are using her as a scapegoat for their loss on Tuesday. It's too convenient that all this is now just coming up.

Now, though, the public can be made aware of just how bad a pick she really was.

That's what peaked my interest though. You're telling me that McCain's campaign did not look into her or did a full check on anything that might damage his ticket with her as a VP pick. I never did like her, but I think the GOP are using her as a scapegoat for their loss on Tuesday. It's too convenient that all this is now just coming up.

You're all jabbering and squawking about the wrong "little known and undeserving" person. Time will tell on them as well, but the effect will be much more pronounced.

---------------------------------------------
Every day is a bonus - every night is an adventure.

I never did like her, but I think the GOP are using her as a scapegoat for their loss on Tuesday. It's too convenient that all this is now just coming up.

She did not understand her role as VP candidate. I don't mean any of the infamous gaffs where she didn't understand the job itself, I mean she 100% did not understand her role in campaigning as a VP.

Rule 1 - First, do no harm (to your own party). Never publicly disagree with the party line. NEVER contradict the Presidential candidate.

Sorry, she's an idiot.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver