hangdiver

Junior Johnson supports Obama

I guess if you have to ask which way the wind is blowing you can't see the windsock.

Even a Weatherman seems to be having no effect on which way the wind blows this year.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Wikipedia does say that he is a lifelong Democrat. Also from his Wikipedia page:

Johnson endorsed Senator Barack Obama for the 2008 presidential race. In an email sent to the public on October 27, 2008, Johnson wrote, "...the most important reasons I'm speaking out for Barack Obama are named Robert and Meredith, my two children. My wife Lisa and I talked it over, and honestly, we know in our gut that their future is more secure if Barack Obama is president. At the end of the day, there's just nothing more important than that."

Johnson also spoke out about what he described as a lack of "integrity" in the McCain campaign. "I know what it means to run an aggressive race, but I also know what it means to compete with integrity," Johnson wrote. "Have you gotten one of these pre-recorded calls that are flooding our state smearing Barack Obama's character and questioning his patriotism? That's crossing the line, and North Carolinians deserve better."

...my two children... their future is more secure if Barack Obama is president.

Oh, and he's got a magic crystal ball too!

Seriously, why do people give so much credence to what celebrities say? They don't have any more insight than anyone else. And many of them, who live their lives in such isolation from the "real" world, they actually know less than most of us. I don't get it...

I'm holding out to see who Helio Castroneves endorses. With such a cool name, he's gotta have it right.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley