wmw999

Colin Powell on Meet the Press yesterday

"Well, the correct answer is, he is not a Muslim," Powell said. "He's a Christian. He's always been a Christian. But the really right answer is, what if he is? Is there something wrong with being a Muslim in this country? The answer's no. That's not America."

Thank you Mr. Powell

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Big deal. Those that are monitoring this election on the issues are not discussing religion. If someone makes their decision based on that, despite the facts, I can't help them.

However, with the multitudes of discussions I've had with a lot of people, I can't remember where religion has taken a center piece let alone even enter the discussion.

My issues with Sen. Obama are plain and simple.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Big deal. Those that are monitoring this election on the issues are not discussing religion. If someone makes their decision based on that, despite the facts, I can't help them.

Maybe you can't. but that doesn't mean these people don't exist. Someone is filling my inbox with "Hussein Osama is a Muslim" emails, they don't spontaneously arrive with cosmic rays. We even see people posting the crap right here.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

"Well, the correct answer is, he is not a Muslim," Powell said. "He's a Christian. He's always been a Christian. But the really right answer is, what if he is? Is there something wrong with being a Muslim in this country? The answer's no. That's not America."

Thank you Mr. Powell

Thanks for posting that. I didn't get to see/listen to MTP yesterday.
Would like to hear the rest of his comments ... >

VR/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

Maybe you can't. but that doesn't mean these people don't exist. Someone is filling my inbox with "Hussein Osama is a Muslim" emails, they don't spontaneously arrive with cosmic rays. We even see people posting the crap right here.

It's just as ignorant thinking that he's a muslim terrorist as thinking he's the next savior and sunshine will flow forth from the capitol if he's elected. I think the ignoramuses on either side will cancel each other out.

Unless, of course, Obama wins... then there were clearly more on that side.... :):P
Oh, hello again!

>It's just as ignorant thinking that he's a muslim terrorist as thinking he's the next
>savior and sunshine will flow forth from the capitol if he's elected. I think the
>ignoramuses on either side will cancel each other out.

Of course, and neither faction is all that large. The vast majority of people who will judge him based on their impressions of him (rather than the impressions either extreme wish they had) will decide this election.

It's just as ignorant thinking that he's a muslim terrorist as thinking he's the next savior and sunshine will flow forth from the capitol if he's elected. I think the ignoramuses on either side will cancel each other out.
:):P

Possibly, but I haven't receive any emails claiming that he's a savior or a messiah, and I received lots claiming he's a muslim, a terrorist, a marxist....

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Possibly, but I haven't receive any emails claiming that he's a savior or a messiah, and I received lots claiming he's a muslim, a terrorist, a marxist....

No, those don't come in emails... they're on CNN, MSNBC, etc etc. Think big!
Oh, hello again!

>It's just as ignorant thinking that he's a muslim terrorist as thinking he's the next
>savior and sunshine will flow forth from the capitol if he's elected. I think the
>ignoramuses on either side will cancel each other out.

Of course, and neither faction is all that large. The vast majority of people who will judge him based on their impressions of him (rather than the impressions either extreme wish they had) will decide this election.

I think the percentage of Americans who view Muslim the same way we viewed communist in the 50s or [dirty] liberal in the 90s is still sizeable. It's not even down to the level of distrust for Catholics in 1960.

OTOH, most of those people aren't voting for a black man, so the religion effect may indeed be minor.