jumpr71

Moderators=Censorship????

I fully expect this to be removed from the forums but I have to say it. I have experienced moderators removing posts because they think it may possibly be personal attacks...correct me if I am wrong but we are all adults here right? If someone were to take offense isnt it up to them if they want to read or not? Does anyone else have a problem with their words either being removed or "edited"? Does anyone else have a problem with someone else deciding what they can and cannot read? I am sure the intentions are honorable...but isnt the road to hell paved with good intentions?
---you should seriously consider removing yourself from the gene pool---

I fully expect this to be removed from the forums but I have to say it. I have experienced moderators removing posts because they think it may possibly be personal attacks...correct me if I am wrong but we are all adults here right? If someone were to take offense isnt it up to them if they want to read or not? Does anyone else have a problem with their words either being removed or "edited"? Does anyone else have a problem with someone else deciding what they can and cannot read? I am sure the intentions are honorable...but isnt the road to hell paved with good intentions?

Hell I just had one removed yesterday. Had nothing to do with anybody else. One of them just did not like it. Of course they do not care to tell you or anybody that they did it:S
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

There is someone who owns the assets to this website. They've decided on some rules. What's the problem?

They could have decided that everyone had to write in iambic pentameter. They wouldn't get much traffic, but it's still their right. Because they can close down the website if they want to, too.

But the rules are there. And no, I don't have a problem with it. I get warned every now and then, but I just don't find it to be much of a damper on my creativity eloquence:ph34r:.

Wendy W.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Does anyone else have a problem with their words either being removed or "edited"?

I don't know if you remember this or not, but when you signed up to use the system you agreed to certain RULES.

They are clear and unambiguous. Specifically this bit of clarification;

Moderation
Generally speaking, moderators will endeavor to provide fair warning regarding behavior that might warrant their intervention. Failure to heed warnings from the moderators is grounds for suspension of posting privileges. We do however reserve the right to remove any post when these rules are abused or policies violated without prior notice or explanation. If you repeatedly violate any of these rules or otherwise seek to disrupt the board then the administrators can suspend your posting privileges or disable your account at their discretion.

Emphasis mine.

If you do not like the rules, you are free to leave and never log on again. We are not holding a gun to your head to stay here.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver