billvon

McCain temporarily unsuspends his suspended campaign

. . . at least long enough to have campaign spokespeople Nancy Pfotenhauer and Tucker Bounds appear on FOX and at a press conference to attack Obama, and to give an interview to the Washington Post. And of course his ads continue to run. Rumor his he will resuspend it for a few hours this afternoon though.

. . . at least long enough to have campaign spokespeople Nancy Pfotenhauer and Tucker Bounds appear on FOX and at a press conference to attack Obama, and to give an interview to the Washington Post. And of course his ads continue to run. Rumor his he will resuspend it for a few hours this afternoon though.

And to appear on CBS yesterday and attack Obama after his announcement...and to stay in NYC to go to the Clinton Global Initiative and speak there as well. Meanwhile the $700B deal was just approved just as he was landing in Wash DC.

Meanwhile the $700B deal was just approved just as he was landing in Wash DC.

And last I heard on NPR, that wasn't good enough for him...he was still planning to forego the debate.

Blues,
Dave

Huh??

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D93E28NG0&show_article=1
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

And there is a reason this was reported incorrectly[:/]

http://www.nasdaq.com/aspxcontent/NewsStory.aspx?cpath=20080925%5CACQDJON200809251939DOWJONESDJONLINE000948.htm&SourceCode=&mypage=newsheadlines&title=McCain%20Says%20There%20'Never%20Was%20A%20Deal'%20On%20Wall%20Street%20Bailout

Abraham Lincoln

So he said he'd suspend his campaign until there was a solution and there is still no solution. I imagine he will have to cancel these network interviews then, and buckle down to work on a solution.

=================
September 25, 2008
Categories: McCain
McCain to do round of network interviews tonight

John McCain will appear on all three network newscasts tonight, a top aide said.

McCain is at the White House meeting with President Bush, Barack Obama and congressional leaders now and will tape interviews with NBC, ABC and CBS after the West Wing session.

McCain also appeared in a taped interview last night with Katie Couric on CBS.
=================

So he said he'd suspend his campaign until there was a solution and there is still no solution. I imagine he will have to cancel these network interviews then, and buckle down to work on a solution.

=================
September 25, 2008
Categories: McCain
McCain to do round of network interviews tonight

John McCain will appear on all three network newscasts tonight, a top aide said.

McCain is at the White House meeting with President Bush, Barack Obama and congressional leaders now and will tape interviews with NBC, ABC and CBS after the West Wing session.

McCain also appeared in a taped interview last night with Katie Couric on CBS.
=================

I think "suspending" the campain was simply "change":S

And I dont mean that is a good light for McCain.

It was interesting though, hearing the comments of a local radio host as he spoke to the suppesion of the campain vs Obama still going to debate.

I paraphrase but, he said that which ever one flinched and gave in would loose the election. The people would see them as weak. He stated that this was equivalant to "all in" in Texas Holdem.

Dont know if I agree or not but, it made the viewing of the spectacle all the more interesting.:)
Abraham Lincoln

>" The President of the United States should be able to do more than one thing at a time "

Or perhaps use his more-executive-experience-than-Obama vice presidential candidate to carry on while he is in Washington. (Of course, that would require her to do something, and that might not be such a good thing for the campaign.)

Top Ten Nine Things McCain will do to save the economy once his "campaign suspension" doesn't work:

9. Have Sarah Palin's witch doctor "stomp the evil python spirits" of Wall Street.
8. Sell three or four or six of his homes; accept only cash.
7. Sell Alaska to Russia for a few trillion; use the money to bail out Wall Street.
6. Deregulate something and then give an impassioned speech on why we should immediately re-regulate it.
5. Allow Bush to name him "Executive Heir to the Throne."
4. Learn to send email, and send a message to all americans explaining how to get millions in loans from the Nigerian Finance Minister.
3. Bomb Bomb Bomb, Bomb Bomb Bernanke
2. Promise he will only serve half a term if people start buying worthless debt instruments again.
1. Ditch Sarah Palin and pick up Angelina Jolie as VP. Sell pictures of her through the Internets pipes.

Top Six Things Obama will do to save the economy:

6. Increase taxes by a jillion dollars and start a "lousy trader relief" fund.
5. Propose a far-reaching change to Wall Street trader's diets to include more arugula.
4. Call down Fire from Above to smite all the people who got loans they could not afford.
3. Have his hometown preacher give an impassioned speech; use the phrase "God Damn Wall Street!" at least ten times.
2. Send the "Chicago Political Machine" to make William Timmons an "offer he can't refuse."
1. Accuse Wall Street of racism; tell them that buying worthless debt is the only way to prove they're not.

Completely OT, but some asshat wrote "McCain/Paylin for President! Luv Ya Utah!" in Sharpie in a couple places on the DZ today.>:(
Can you vote for someone whose name you can't spell?

1. Ditch Sarah Palin and pick up Angelina Jolie as VP. Sell pictures of her through the Internets pipes.

Make that Michelle Pfeiffer and he's got my vote.