RB_Hammer

Biden's fix for the economy

and we should listen to a guy that can't handle his own finances? Biden has averaged $280,000 yr salery over the last 10 years and has a net worth of only $100,000 because of his debt. he has made and squanderd almost $3,000,000 in 10 years.(and remember being in congress they pay for travel, food and lodging for his job and that is over and above his salery) i don't want this guy to run my finances!

McCain has a plan too, 100 years in Iraq. that will be money well spent I am sure. trillions going outside the country when we already have a $10T national debt.

You stop the bleeding by stopping the bleeding. Doing the same things over and over and expecting different results? we know what that is.

neither candidate is going to fix what is goign on in a single term, or even two terms. But FOR SURE, we know who fucked it up in the first place.

A RIGHT WING, conservative, republican government with twisted ideas about how America should be taken care of. And for that alone, the Republican party should NOT be allowed to run this country.

Reduce the defecit by decreasing spending. That is what need to happens. Raising taxes only benefits the government and the leaches that rely on it. Government needs to shrink drastically.
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Reduce the defecit by decreasing spending. That is what need to happens. Raising taxes only benefits the government and the leaches that rely on it. Government needs to shrink drastically.

Right - we could cut military spending by 2/3 and STILL have the world's largest military.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

i don't think you understand how Obama is going to tax us. Over $250,000 will get a tax increase, over $99,000 will get a soso security tax increase, everyone will loose the bush reduction, anyone selling a house will pay higher capitol gains, people with stock will pay higher taxes on dividends. this will affect almost all americans. Obama has got everone on his side snowed.

corperations that are on the edge now will go under with a heavier tax burden and people will loose their jobs because of that. Obama want to raise taxes for most corperations including s-corps like mine and that means higher prices for goods or less money for employees.

Agreed. The worst part of Obama's plan is his plan to raise taxes on small to medium size businesses. Instead of those business owners having more money to grow their business they are being forced to use their money to grow an already overgrown government. That will really hurt small business which is the backbone of America.
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

and be in trouble again like we were under Carter? soory i'll take the larger defense spending and cut back stupid programs like free money and health care for illegals, wellfare for the lazy, earmarks for a park in ohio put on a road bill for NewYork and other stupid things like that.

>Over $250,000 will get a tax increase . . .

Correct.

>over $99,000 will get a soso security tax increase,

Incorrect. From $100K to $200K will see an average $2000 decrease. (Source - Tax Policy Center, June 2008)

>corperations that are on the edge now will go under with a heavier
>tax burden and people will loose their jobs because of that.

Right. Because the Bush tax cuts did such a good job saving AIG, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and Lehman Brothers.

It's time to get a responsible adult in the White House who is willing to pay the bills - not just get another sub-prime mortgage from China.

Glad you think the GOP method of borrowing from our children and grandchildren is so wonderful.

Maybe you should watch this week's news to see where the philosophy of uncontrolled DEBT has taken us.

Reagan and Bush (and company in the GOP) presided over the biggest increases in debt in the history of the human race.

and be in trouble again like we were under Carter? soory i'll take the larger defense spending and cut back stupid programs like free money and health care for illegals, wellfare for the lazy, earmarks for a park in ohio put on a road bill for NewYork and other stupid things like that.

If you have the world's largest military by far, and are still "in trouble", there's something wrong besides your defense spending.

Correct.

Incorrect. From $100K to $200K will see an average $2000 decrease. (Source - Tax Policy Center, June 2008)

Right. Because the Bush tax cuts did such a good job saving AIG, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and Lehman Brothers.

It's time to get a responsible adult in the White House who is willing to pay the bills - not just get another sub-prime mortgage from China.

----------------------------------------------------------
no deregulation and poor ceo choices caused fanny and freddie to go under. and as discused before(on another thread i think) Carter Reagan & Clinton passed the deregulation bills.

3 years ago McCain said we were going to have problems with freddie and fanny and congress ignored him. (as stated by gov Tim Pawlenty yesterday i think)

Didn't I already debunk most of your alarmist claims about Obama's tax plans? Why are you suddenly claiming all the same BS again?

Blues,
Dave

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. Joseph Goebbels

“The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over.” Jospeh Goebbels

Correct.

----------------------------------------------------------
no deregulation and poor ceo choices caused fanny and freddie to go under. and as discused before(on another thread i think) Carter Reagan & Clinton passed the deregulation bills.

Congress passes bills, not the president.

3 years ago McCain said we were going to have problems with freddie and fanny and congress ignored him. (as stated by gov Tim Pawlenty yesterday i think)

So in 2005, when the GOP had control of the House, the Senate, and the White House, WHY didn't McCain get anything done about it?

You might as well praise me; I have been warning of the dangers of excessive debt for years and didn't get anything done about it either.

>no deregulation and poor ceo choices caused fanny and freddie to go under.

Now wait just a minute here. You are saying that OTHER FACTORS other than taxation caused a problem with the US economy? Let me check - why, you're right! The US economy has actually done better during times of higher taxes, probably due to many other factors! Indeed, during democratic administrations, both taxes and the GNP tend to increase, thus giving us more money to work with AND far more revenue to pay off our debts to China with. (Real GNP growth 1.64 percent per capita for republican presidents, 2.78 percent under democratic presidents.)

>3 years ago McCain said we were going to have problems with
>freddie and fanny and congress ignored him.

McCain, a year ago:

"But so, in this whole new derivative stuff, and SIBs and all of this kind of new ways of packaging mortgages together and all that is something that frankly I don’t know a lot about. . .

But I don’t know of hardly anybody, with the exception of a handful, that said ‘wait a minute, this thing is getting completely out of hand and is overheating.' So, I’d like to tell you that I did anticipate it, but I have to give you straight talk, I did not."

Looks like McCain disagrees with you. Perhaps you could take it up with him.

And that's why you're voting for the guy who was part of the Keating Five during the S&L bailout at the end of Reagan's second term (what is it with two term GOP presidents? ...massive spending, debt, and financial industry bailouts). You're voting for the guy who in 1995 pressed for a moratorium on all federal regulations, stating that excessive regulation was destroying the American dream. The guy who thinks the fundamentals of our economy are sound (yesterday back-tracking to disingenously define "fundamentals" as "American workers"). Great call! Obviously he's the perfect choice to increase regulation and accountability in the financial sector! :S:D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

snip...
But FOR SURE, we know who fucked it up in the first place.

A RIGHT WING, conservative, republican government with twisted ideas about how America should be taken care of. And for that alone, the Republican party should NOT be allowed to run this country.

Do you seriously think it is just R's? Come on, you are right, we do know who fucked it up, it was the elected lawmakers, supposedly representing us, from both sides.
The real sad thing about this election is the only real choices are not who will do damage, but who will do the least. B|
"I'm not lost. I don't know where I'm going, but there's no sense in being late."
Mathew Quigley

and we should listen to a guy that can't handle his own finances? Biden has averaged $280,000 yr salery over the last 10 years and has a net worth of only $100,000 because of his debt. he has made and squanderd almost $3,000,000 in 10 years.(and remember being in congress they pay for travel, food and lodging for his job and that is over and above his salery) i don't want this guy to run my finances!

Not saying that is Obama as you are referencing, but Bush was far worse than that example and that didn't stop you for voting for him.

Well, obviously, we all are, to some degree or another. With the current size, and the way things are going, our children and grandchildren will too.:(

The question was rhetorical, meaning you can't criticize much when your party has run teh debt thru the roof. Clinton almost leveled teh debt off, then your boy came and hammered it.