TheAnvil

Media Bias ala Charlie Gibson

Charlie Gibson interviews Barack Obama

Charlie Gibson interviews Sarah Palin

Hello, left wingers and everyone! Just another reminder about our lovely unbiased mainstream media! At least they didn't edit the Palin interview to misquote her...OH WAIT...never mind. At least they haven't had anyone from CNN state a hope for her early demise ala Ms. Malveaux and Clarence Thomas. :S

Yes, I know, left wingers. You say there is no bias in the media (except for Fox, as you say) in spite of any evidence that might be presented. That doesn't make it a correct statement. Just like your inferences that anyone who disagrees with your racist policies is themselves a racist will never be true. I know the above won't convince you - I just posted it there to add zest to your day. The rest of us will read and see the obvious. Enjoy!

:D:D:D
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Here, Bill...I'll help you:

Obama questions:

How does it feel to break a glass ceiling?
How does it feel to "win"?
How does your family feel about your "winning" breaking a glass ceiling?
Who will be your VP?
Should you choose Hillary Clinton as VP?
Will you accept public finance?
What issues is your campaign about?
Will you visit Iraq?
Will you debate McCain at a town hall?
What did you think of your competitor's [Clinton] speech?

And the Palin questions:

Do you have enough qualifications for the job you're seeking? Specifically have you visited foreign countries and met foreign leaders?
Aren't you conceited to be seeking this high level job?
Questions about foreign policy
-territorial integrity of Georgia
-allowing Georgia and Ukraine to be members of NATO
-NATO treaty
-Iranian nuclear threat
-what to do if Israel attacks Iran
-Al Qaeda motivations
-the Bush Doctrine
-attacking terrorists harbored by Pakistan
Is America fighting a holy war? [misquoted Palin]

Why wasn't the good senator asked about his lack of experience, eh? I should think the difference obvious to everyone. I disagree with some of Governor Palin's repsonses, BTW.

Have fun in denial!
:)

Vinny the Anvil
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Specific quotes please. I didn't see her refusing to answer questions. I saw Gibson not accepting the original answer, which is his right.

Watch any interview with any political figure and see how many times they don't even come close to answering the questions put to them.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Watch any interview with any political figure and see how many times they don't even come close to answering the questions put to them.

Well, to be quite candid, I was visiting a Chevrolet factory recently, and in speaking to the patriotic Americans working there, you could just feel that their hearts and minds yearned for family values. And that's how I govern my own conduct. America is strong, and on the rise.

Read them both. One difference that stands out is that Palin steadfastly refused to answer several questions, and Gibson pressed her on them. If that's your definition of bias, well . . .

Wrong, she answered the questions but Charlie boy didnt get her to trap herself so he tried over and over and failed. He looked like an ass and he did not need much help from Palin to do it.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I thought she could have done a bit better, actually, and disagreed with what she said about the Russians being unprovoked. She also mispronounced the Iranian President's name. BFD.

Overall she did well, though, with far tougher questions than Gibson asked the Chosen One. I think she'll make a fine VP.

What really got me was the delta between the Obama questions and those asked of Palin. Disgusting disparity. Has ANYONE asked Senator Obama about his inexperience? If he's ready for the top job (not the VP job, leftists, the top one)? I doubt it.

:S

Vinny the Anvil
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Well, to be quite candid, I was visiting a Chevrolet factory recently, and in speaking to the patriotic Americans working there, you could just feel that their hearts and minds yearned for family values. And that's how I govern my own conduct. America is strong, and on the rise.
Yeah? I wonder what these guys have to say about"America on the rise" http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/15/business/15lehman.html?ex=1237089600&en=03c5589eb5f30933&ei=5087&excamp=OVBUlehmanbros&WT.srch=1&WT.mc_ev=click&WT.mc_id=BI-S-E-YH-NA-NA-lehman_bros;)
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Yeah, I usually don't get too caught up in worrying about media being biased because they all are one side or another. BUT, this was a little ridiculous, and I think Gibson made an ass of himself.

I'm not here to attack Obama and say he's unqualified, but I have no idea how the Obama crowd can even begin to attack Palin on the grounds of experience. Her policies and such are fair game, but experience, I think her experience outweighs Obama no matter which way you slice it, and she's only running for VP. Stick with the issues I say!;)

I thought she could have done a bit better, actually, and disagreed with what she said about the Russians being unprovoked. She also mispronounced the Iranian President's name. BFD.

Overall she did well, though, with far tougher questions than Gibson asked the Chosen One. I think she'll make a fine VP.

What really got me was the delta between the Obama questions and those asked of Palin. Disgusting disparity. Has ANYONE asked Senator Obama about his inexperience? If he's ready for the top job (not the VP job, leftists, the top one)? I doubt it.

:S

I'd have to yes they have. It has been done in the primaries repeatedly. It hasn't been done lately directly to Obama but has been asked as a comparison to Obama.

---------------------------------------------
Every day is a bonus - every night is an adventure.