BillyVance

Gas prices shot up today

Our gas prices here in Victoria, TX (between Houston and Corpus on the gulf coast) have stayed the same. A range from about $3.49 to $3.59 around town for regular. Granted, today is the first day everything is unboarded and open for business, so we might still expect some price rise. Haven't seen any lines around town or places without gas.

We had a pretty big rush on gas when the storm had us dead center, but damn near every gas station in town had a semi sitting out back waiting to top them off. I guess one of the few good things about living down in oil country is that the refined product doesn't have many travel costs associated with it!
Killing threads since 2004.

Damn, Billy-as soon as we start taking the thread away from issue and info and start dragging it down to Bonfire drivel-then it gets moved

No shit... The time to move it was the day I posted it. Only reason I posted it in The Bonfire was so more people could read/reply.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I just went back through the thread and I have to say, I saw information, but not politics with the exception of a couple of posts that weren't Billy's and possibly an exchange I was involved with that may have been deleted (I think it was in this thread)

I'm just saying.....
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

>Only reason I posted it in The Bonfire was so more people could read/reply.

In that case, I'll give you some time off from Bonfire so people don't have to read politics there.

Well geez whiz. It wasn't originally a political post. There have been other gas price threads in the Bonfire, but like divot said, some people turned it into a politics discussion and I made a convenient excuse.

:S:$
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

>some of these motherfucking pieces of shit deserve nothing short of a
>fucking death sentence.

And much of the reason for the increase can be summed up by the first poster's comment:

"So I went ahead and topped off with that at about $4.13 a gallon."

When everyone tops off their tank with super expensive gasoline (out of fear there won't be any gas, or that it will be expensive) then gas stations run out of gas and the price goes up. Capitalism in action.

Observe what happens over the next week or so as all those people with now-full tanks drive a bit less and/or realize they don't need to fill up yet.

(I assume you don't intend to carry out your death sentence on people like the original poster, though!)

Observe what happens over the next week or so as all those people with now-full tanks drive a bit less and/or realize they don't need to fill up yet.

Yeah, despite the fact that crude is actually down, prices will stay artificially up to offset the oil execs' losses in the Market today.

Prices are now up - regular is $4.39; medium $4.59; 93 octane $4.69.

No words.... :|

Not ours. The closest gas station to where I work has a sign out front that reads

Reg $0.00
Mid $0.00
Super $0.00

Around here, the gas stations simply took the prices off the boards. At least the prices came down 20 cents from $4.19 to $3.99 yesterday.

alot of the businesses and landlords here in new orleans have also raised the prices of goods, services, rent, etc.

it is one of the most heartbreaking things to see, how in the aftermath of disaster some people have no fucking compassion for humanity.

some of these motherfucking pieces of shit deserve nothing short of a fucking death sentence.

i apologize if I have offended anyone with the harsh post.

Can you say INCONGRUOUS:ph34r::ph34r:

Actually, no... That word hurts my head just looking at it. I mean, I am a Marine... Little words from now on please.:P:D
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.