Gawain

A Very Fine Speech

Unemployment up to 6.1%

It was 4% in 2000. Yes it's up, no argument there. But you act like it's all Bush's fault. What's congress doing?

I see, and the stock markets down 3% last week. Biggest deficit in the history of the world.

The stock market being down 3% is Bush's fault and that means we shouldn't vote for McCain?

The Dow was roughly 11,000 in 2000. It closed yesterday at 11,220 with a 52 week high of 14,200.

Wow, an annual return of 0.25% during the Bush presidency. Amazing economic performance.

The reason we SHOULDN'T vote for McCain is that he represents the same party that brought us G.W. Bush.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Unemployment up to 6.1%

It was 4% in 2000. Yes it's up, no argument there. But you act like it's all Bush's fault. What's congress doing?

I see, and the stock markets down 3% last week. Biggest deficit in the history of the world.

The stock market being down 3% is Bush's fault and that means we shouldn't vote for McCain?

The Dow was roughly 11,000 in 2000. It closed yesterday at 11,220 with a 52 week high of 14,200.

Wow, an annual return of 0.25% during the Bush presidency. Amazing economic performance.

The reason we SHOULDN'T vote for McCain is that he represents the same party that brought us G.W. Bush.

and most of that loss is while the dem's have controled congress

I know many people who accelled academically that I wouldn't want running the country.

I do too -- for example Rumsfeld (AB Princeton), Wolfowitz (PhD U Chicago), Perle (MA Princeton), Rice (Prof & Dean at Standford), Cheney (aborted PhD U Wisconsin).

The principals that go us into the Iraq war --- their own rational for the war to them was driven by highly academic ideology.

On the other hand lack of such credentials has similar pitfalls - often even worse ones. Example is the same administration, same topic.

Bush touted himself as the "real thing" and was less than academically inclined. He was surrounded by these ivy-league ideologues and ate everything they served him hook, line, and sinker. He didn't have the background to call the whole BS.

Ideally you want someone who can effectively handle the ivy-leaguers in the upper tiers of administrative, corporate & diplomatic world, and at the same time is pragmatic and has a close-up understanding about the realities of the lunch box and inner city constituency.

Cheers, T
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true

McCain admitted that too? Oh the humanity!

You know better. You know it was Obama.

How do you feel about past drug use and character?

Same as I feel about Bush and Clinton.

I wonder how JSM III avoided court martial for his "conduct unbecoming". Having an admiral for a daddy, maybe?

While adultery is punishable un the UCMJ it isn't normally investigated unless it involves another officer's wife or husband (he was in the Navy afterall :P). Also there is a tendency, at least in the USMC, to overlook unbecoming conduct if the person is a 'war hero'. His father being an Admiral does not have as much influence as you think. It could have been a detriment to JSMIII as well since becoming a flag officer usually means stepping on people during the rise through the ranks.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

Some people have a hard time with the concept of change.

Unemployment up to 6.1% I see, and the stock markets down 3% last week. Biggest deficit in the history of the world.

Change does not involve giving the GOP a third consectutive term in the White House to fuck up the economy and keep us in perpetual war.

In January 2000, total number of persons employed was approximately 135M, at the time the rate based on workforce was 96%.

In January 2008, total number of persons employed was approximately 146.2M, at the time the rate based on workforce was 95%.

Unemployment has gone up since, July 2008 numbers show about 145.8M and is now about 145.4M...in the end, there are still more than 10M more people employed now, than when the President took office.http://www.bls.gov/ces/
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Some people have a hard time with the concept of change.

Unemployment up to 6.1% I see, and the stock markets down 3% last week. Biggest deficit in the history of the world.

Change does not involve giving the GOP a third consectutive term in the White House to fuck up the economy and keep us in perpetual war.

In January 2000, total number of persons employed was approximately 135M, at the time the rate based on workforce was 96%.

In January 2008, total number of persons employed was approximately 146.2M, at the time the rate based on workforce was 95%.

Unemployment has gone up since, July 2008 numbers show about 145.8M and is now about 145.4M...in the end, there are still more than 10M more people employed now, than when the President took office.http://www.bls.gov/ces/

In case you hadn't noticed, the population has increased too, so your data are quitevery misleading. We have to create jobs just to keep up with population growth.

Same bogus argument is used by the GOP about government revenues. They claim revenues have increased - well, of course they have, because there are more taxpayers. When corrected for inflation and population growth, govt. revenue looks pretty miserable.

And of course, government SPENDING increased by a record amount under GWB and the GOP controlled congress.

Finally, the most EARMARKS ever (13,997) were in 2005 when both the house and senate were GOP controlled and Bush hadn't yet found his veto pen.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

If the party affiliation was that important, there'd be no need for primaries, would there? Heck, Ron Paul, George Bush, John McCain, they're all the same, right? While we're at it, let's just trade out Barack Obama for Walter Mondale. Same party means they're just the same, right?
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

lol...and Jimmy Carter was a Democrat.
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Finally, the most EARMARKS ever (13,997) were in 2005 when both the house and senate were GOP controlled and Bush hadn't yet found his veto pen.

Funny you mention that.

From the 2008 "Pig Book":

Senator Barack Obama - 53 'projects' - $97.4 million

Senator John McCain - 0 'projects' - $0

Pig book ratings:

Highest and Lowest Scores (higher score is voting AGAINST pork)

House Highest
Republican: Jeb Hensarling (R-Texas), Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) and F. James Sensenbrenner (R-Wis.) 100%

Democrat: Jim Cooper (D-Tenn.) 69%

House Lowest
Republican: Ray LaHood (R-Ill.) 11%

Democrats: Neil Abercrombie (D-Hawaii) and John Sarbanes (D-Md.) 0%

Senate Highest
Republicans: Richard Burr (R-N.C.), Jim DeMint (R-S.C.), and John Ensign (R-Nev.) 97%

Democrat: Russ Feingold (D-Wis.) 34%

Senate Lowest
Republican: Olympia Snowe (R-Maine) 17%

Democrats: Daniel Akaka (D-Hawaii), Joe Biden (D-Del.), Robert Byrd (D- W.Va.), Hillary Clinton (D-N.Y.), Kent Conrad (D- N.D.), Chris Dodd (D-Conn.), Byron Dorgan (D-N.D.), Daniel Inouye (D-Hawaii), Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.), Carl Levin (D-Mich.), Harry Reid (D-Nev.), Debbie Stabenow (D-Mich.), and Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) all at 0%
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706