rushmc

The Anti War Anti Violence Left In Practice

Anybody that calls themselves "anarchists" are not anti-war, they're anti-government.

why didn't these guys protest at the DNC? the dems are for more government intrusion than the repubs. there's something beyond plain old anarchism here.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

Anybody that calls themselves "anarchists" are not anti-war, they're anti-government.

why didn't these guys protest at the DNC? the dems are for more government intrusion than the repubs. there's something beyond plain old anarchism here.

They did. look it up.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

The country sees the DNC as code pink and Abbie Hoffman, as peopele who shit on the flag and those who die for it.

Might be unfair in the modern millieu, but it's a fact. Until you shake that association...you'll never win another national election.

There's a good bit of truth and perception in what you write. The differentiation between them is rarely clear & often variable. But in the end truth-to-perception drives a lot of choices. To ignore that is an ineffective strategy.

VR/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

Well it harkens back to the Paul Wellstone "memorial."

Americans saw democrats, in prime time they were awarded out of a sympathy for the deceased, booing national political figures who attended in a show of respect. Because they were Republican. Then launch into a foaming diatribe vice a memorial.

Minnesotans didn't appreciate that. And they lost an election that should have been a shoe-in.

Fast forward to this weekend. The press is screwing Obama with their viciousness. The disparity of treatment was stupid. If they had worked more slowly...shown discipline that the left lacks...they could have crushed her slowly perhaps.

Now all the piling on has simply pissed people off in the fat part of the curve and drawn them to her. US Weekly shot Obama right in the foot with it's lack of tactical application.

Again...as you said...impressions are everything.

Headed out on an FTX for a week-ish. Ya'll be good.

Go Palin!

Out here.
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

BLiNC Magazine Team Member

Except these were NOT anti-war protesters; THAT is simply the spin the FoxNews headline writer attached to them.

In the body of the article it says;

The violent demonstrators were mostly dressed in black and described themselves as anarchists.

I would guess most of them are very much anti-war, anarchist is just an umbrella term.

Except these were NOT anti-war protesters; THAT is simply the spin the FoxNews headline writer attached to them.

In the body of the article it says;

The violent demonstrators were mostly dressed in black and described themselves as anarchists.

They want Anarchy? We can give them Anarchy.

Start by informing them that in an Anarchy, there is no such fucking thing as "due process" or "the right to an attorney."

Let them rot in a fucking gulag. Let's not forget this part: "A group of protesters came toward the delegation and tried to rip the credentials off their necks and sprayed them with a toxic substance that burned their eyes and stained their clothes, delegate Rob Simmons told KMSP-TV.

One 80-year-old member of the delegation had to be treated for injuries, and several other delegates had to rinse their eyes and clothing, the station reported."

What the FUCK, man?! >:(

I'm telling you, GIVE the "Anarchists" their anarchy. >:( Make a fuckin' reality show out of it. The world would get to watch just how much "Anarchists" love what they've been seeking once they get it.

From past experiences of you not knowing much about anything I doubt 'anarchy' is somehow in your knowledge bank either

I agree with quade. These are criminals who call themselves "anarchists.". They are the same clowns who show up at G8 conferences and the like for no other purpose than to cause a ruckus.

The violence is ineffective except in its symbolism. I'm sure they all know why they are there though and I doubt its to be 'criminals'.

There ARE similarities with the "leaders" of anti-war crowd of the Vietnam era - people who used the war as their opportunity to show how important they are. I suspect that many of these anarchists will go the way of Abbie Hoffman and off themselves in the coming years when they figure out that they just are not relevant...

Actually it is all, ironically, pretty relevant and there are tonne of parallels right now to that of the late 19th and early 20th century.

If you mean the violence is irrelevant than sure it probably isn't doing much.