pop

McCain camp -- good...reeeeeaaal good

You can be as paranoid as you like. You are FAR more likely to have your email or cellphone spied upon than to be blown up by an evil terrorist, though.

I'm also far more likely to be hit by a bus full of naked cheerleader from USC. The first article is an appeal, the second references an anonymous source, and the third is according to the ACLU. I'm not convinved by any of those that the government is listening to cell phones calls from my grandmother.

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

CLEARly you're in the dark about what I'm speaking of, and obviously you don't travel much. Nope, I'm not talking about independent contractors, and not referring to the TSA, which is a joke of unprecedented proportion.

Clearly I don't. Which is why I said, assuming I know what you're talking about.

Hard to be a well-rounded citizen of the planet if one hasn't experienced much of it first-hand, but it's easy to be paranoid if one doesn't know much about those you feel the need to be frightened of.

So I'm not a well-rounded citizen. Nice. I'm glad you're now an expert on my life, my experiences, and what I do for a living.

>I'm also far more likely to be hit by a bus full of naked cheerleader from USC.

Exactly. Yet people live in fear of terrorists to the extent that they allow their basic freedoms to be compromised - and still cross the street in the middle.

>I'm not convinved by any of those that the government is listening to cell
>phones calls from my grandmother.

I suppose some people trust the US government 100%. I have learned that is a somewhat foolish position to take, after finding out all the other instances where they have lied to us.

I suppose some people trust the US government 100%. I have learned that is a somewhat foolish position to take, after finding out all the other instances where they have lied to us.

Agreed. I just have absolutely zero reason to believe the government is listening to my phone calls. It's ironic you call me the paranoid one.

B's 'experience' is WAY better than A's. His demonstrated judgement, however, is substantially worse. B's got a TON of experience though, so we'll just brush it off when he tells AFF students to spend a little extra time fighting a horseshoe, or PC in tow, etc.

All subjective.

Besides how many guys with 1,000's of jumps get killed each year vs guys with a few hundred?

But which one would you want to do a Tandem with your family? The guy with LOTS of experience and jumps, or the guy that just got an A License?

See the really big difference is that the jumpers in your example are not likely to kill me or you, only themselves.

Do I have concerns with BO? Absolutely, but the amount of dissatisfaction I have for this current admin completely repels me from anyone bearing the slightest resemblance

From your own admittance you are against JM for being the same party as GWB.

You seem to forget that JM and GWB don't exactly get along.

I really wish the Anti GWB crowd could recognize that GWB is not running and that JM and GWB are not the same person.

Again, who do you want your family's to jump with:

The old experienced Tandem master.

The young hotshot that just passed AFF.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

See the really big difference is that the jumpers in your example are not likely to kill me or you, only themselves.

Do I really need to dig up accident reports in which jumpers with >1k jumps killed other jumpers due to a poor judgement/decisions? While not in the majority, accidents such as these don't exactly have a negligable rate of occurance.

What I wrote said absolutely nothing party affiliation. I recognize, 100%, that JM and GWB are not the same person. It doesn't bother me in the least w/r/t what side of the aisle a candidate stands on. I DO recognize that Mccain's senate voting record bears unpleasant similarities to the current administration's behavior. I'll vote for the guy more in line with me.

Again, who do you want your family's to jump with:

The old experienced Tandem master.

The young hotshot that just passed AFF.

How about this:

I'm not picking the TM who's so old that he forgets that he's on the DZ half the time, can't do anything except tell stories about when he jumped torn up rounds for a nickel a jump, and is so stiff he can barely get in the plane.

Experience does not equal good judgement, Ron.

.jim
"Don't touch my fucking Easter eggs, I'll be back monday." ~JTFC

You seem to forget that JM and GWB don't exactly get along.

I really wish the Anti GWB crowd could recognize that GWB is not running and that JM and GWB are not the same person.

Funy how you GOP supporters are now distancing yourselves from GWB just as fast as your little legs will carry you. It's not like we haven't been telling you for years what a terrible president he is.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Do I really need to dig up accident reports in which jumpers with >1k jumps killed other jumpers due to a poor judgement/decisions? While not in the majority, accidents such as these don't exactly have a negligable rate of occurance.

Please do the research and then present your findings. I think you will find that young hotshots have more accidents than experienced people.

What I wrote said absolutely nothing party affiliation. I recognize, 100%, that JM and GWB are not the same person. It doesn't bother me in the least w/r/t what side of the aisle a candidate stands on.

Sorry, but your prior response seemed to have said otherwise: "but the amount of dissatisfaction I have for this current admin completely repels me from anyone bearing the slightest resemblance"

If that was not your intent, sorry.

I'm not picking the TM who's so old that he forgets that he's on the DZ half the time, can't do anything except tell stories about when he jumped torn up rounds for a nickel a jump, and is so stiff he can barely get in the plane.

You have proof that is McCain? I can pull up lots of missteps from BO as well....Like 57 States, 10,000 people dying in a storm....

Experience does not equal good judgment, Ron.

Neither does lack of experience.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Funy (sic) how you GOP supporters are now distancing yourselves from GWB just as fast as your little legs will carry you. It's not like we haven't been telling you for years what a terrible president he is.

What I find funny is how you and others keep trying to paint McCain as Bush III.

I don't think you are in anyway a bad guy...Heck John I like you personally. But, your political leanings are so far out of align with mine that it is clear we are never going to agree on politics. It is such a shame that almost every exchange with you on here with anyone ends up with a pissing match.

I don't think you could list the reasons you dislike McCain without resorting to emotional and unsubstantiated issues.

All subjective.

Besides how many guys with 1,000's of jumps get killed each year vs guys with a few hundred?

But which one would you want to do a Tandem with your family? The guy with LOTS of experience and jumps, or the guy that just got an A License?

I don't understand this sudden obsession with experience for Republicans? You have voted in Bush twice and his main expeience has come from running companies into the ground. It wasn't a deterrent then, why is it now?

I don't understand this sudden obsession with experience for Republicans?

Sudden? You have never paid attention to a single election then. It has always been an issue, in EVERY election but maybe the one for Washington.

You have voted in Bush twice and his main expeience has come from running companies into the ground. It wasn't a deterrent then, why is it now?

You clearly didn't pay attention to him before the election in 2000 then either. He was Gov of Texas and was re-elected with a record 69% of the vote. He was also the first Gov of Texas to win re-election.

So he ran a large State for 6 years.

http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stories/1998/11/03/election/governors/texas/