Rookie120

You can't make this shit up!

And please explain to me how a blind guy manages to FIND a drive up ATM to walk up to without some form of assistance. Furthermore, why would anyone want to walk up to a drive up ATM for that matter. Its not as if there aren't plenty of walk up ATM's out there

My bank has one ATM in town, and it's a drive-up. Sure, there are walk-up ATM's in town, but they're not associated with my bank, so I'd get charged a fee if I used them. So I'm guessing that any blind person who has an account at my bank would probably walk up to the ATM if they didn't want to give someone else their PIN number. It makes sense to me to put braille on the ATM.

Why not use your debit card at the store and if your going to need cash later on then get cash back? That doesnt cost you anything either and there are a hell of a lot more stores that accept debit and will do cash back than there are banks with their name on your card.
Muff #5048

Why not use your debit card at the store and if your going to need cash later on then get cash back? That doesnt cost you anything either and there are a hell of a lot more stores that accept debit and will do cash back than there are banks with their name on your card.

I don't have nor want a debit card. If I'm not using cash, then I use a credit card. If I want to get cash, I go to my bank, unless I am nowhere near my bank, in which case I will pay the fee at a different ATM (which pretty much never happens).

Just because you do things a certain way doesn't mean that that's the way everyone else does or should do things. There is a good reason for having braille on a drive-up ATM, whether you want to admit it or not. :P

And please explain to me how a blind guy manages to FIND a drive up ATM to walk up to without some form of assistance. Furthermore, why would anyone want to walk up to a drive up ATM for that matter. Its not as if there aren't plenty of walk up ATM's out there

My bank has one ATM in town, and it's a drive-up. Sure, there are walk-up ATM's in town, but they're not associated with my bank, so I'd get charged a fee if I used them. So I'm guessing that any blind person who has an account at my bank would probably walk up to the ATM if they didn't want to give someone else their PIN number. It makes sense to me to put braille on the ATM.

I love it! The town I live near has 1-bank & 1-ATM! Drive-up or walk-up! No muss no fuss.:D

Chuck

>Its not as if there aren't plenty of walk up ATM's out there

Many people drive; many people ride as passengers in cars. Sometimes even blind people are found in cars! I once found one in my own. Amazing but true.

Heck, years ago, I had a buddy who was blind and used to drive! Just short distances and with someone elses help, One evening, he got a ticket for 'no driver's license' and 'driving while impaired'! :D:D That kinda' ended his driving career. He never paid the tickets, either!:D:D

Chuck

You don't put yourself in other people's shoes very often do you?

No more than I absolutely have to. My shoes are quite comfy.

I bet you're a Republican.

I would rather not be affiliated with any political party these days. Both have some ups. Both have lots of downs anymore.
Muff #5048

This would be extremely useful near cross walks where a "silent" vehicle gives no indication whatsoever that it's there to a blind person.

The vehicle's there to sighted people, too, ya know. :P

I believe it is customary for sighted people to look for traffic before they cross.

"LOOK TO THE LEFT, LOOK TO THE RIGHT..."

We may look left and right but generally we listen in Dolby 5.1 surround.

Kallend looks pretty Left to me... ;)
Spirits fly on dangerous missions
Imaginations on fire

Heck, years ago, I had a buddy who was blind and used to drive! Just short distances and with someone elses help, One evening, he got a ticket for 'no driver's license' and 'driving while impaired'! :D:D That kinda' ended his driving career. He never paid the tickets, either!:D:D

Couldn't read the address for sending remittance -- naturally! :D
Spirits fly on dangerous missions
Imaginations on fire

Couldn't read the address for sending remittance -- naturally! :D

He said, he "learned real quick that street signs aren't in Braille!" :D

Chuck