Butters

Study: 'Magic mushrooms' have long-lasting benefits

Very enjoyable drug

Not so sure about that, they can get pretty scary too. An experience with a really strong dose about 12 years ago gave me some profound insights into some marital problems we were having at the time.

So you might ask, "Do you really need drugs to realize the obvious ?" It's not that simple. Psychedelics open up the unconcious mind and bring a lot of stuff up into plain view, even laying it out like some kind of 23rd century Mac computer.

They can be grossly abused, like any other drug. I haven't used them even once in the 12 years since. But for some people, they are a really valuable tool. For real people too, not just some shaggy hipsters going to their 12,000th Grateful Dead concert.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Very enjoyable drug

Not so sure about that, they can get pretty scary too. An experience with a really strong dose about 12 years ago gave me some profound insights into some marital problems we were having at the time.

So you might ask, "Do you really need drugs to realize the obvious ?" It's not that simple. Psychedelics open up the unconcious mind and bring a lot of stuff up into plain view, even laying it out like some kind of 23rd century Mac computer.

They can be grossly abused, like any other drug. I haven't used them even once in the 12 years since. But for some people, they are a really valuable tool. For real people too, not just some shaggy hipsters going to their 12,000th Grateful Dead concert.

I agree so within the context of all that... can be, a very enjoyable drug.

In the past, my friend gave me a decent dose to try for the first time. It was by far one of the most intense, eye opening, and spiritual experiences I've ever had in my life. It didn't change me into a better person right then, but it allowed me to view aspects of my life from a different view, and after while, after working on my own faults and strong points, I became a better person.

I definitely think that these entheogens, if used correctly, can help depression, mood changes, and overall self-image. There's also no health risk, unless you get some bottom grade.
Skydiving: You either learn from other's mistakes, or they'll learn from yours.

Interesting that people have 'spiritual' experiences when their brain is malfunctioning.
The last time I used recreational drugs it was a healthy dose of mushrooms. I felt the effects for about six months. That really convinced me that I was too old for that foolishness any more.

Good thing they're illegal.

If magic mushrooms were legalized, we might have maybe four or five times as many Magic Mushroom addicts & Magic Mushroom overdoses as we have now!! Our hospitals would be overflowing!!!
:o:o:o

Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Interesting that people have 'spiritual' experiences when their brain is malfunctioning.
The last time I used recreational drugs it was a healthy dose of mushrooms. I felt the effects for about six months. That really convinced me that I was too old for that foolishness any more.

How old were you when you last tried them, and what were the effects that you felt for six months? Just curious.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

If magic mushrooms were legalized, we might have maybe four or five times as many Magic Mushroom addicts & Magic Mushroom overdoses as we have now!! Our hospitals would be overflowing!!!

And it's scary to think how many more people would be walking around thinking that they are the walrus.

man if we had 4 or 5 times as many addicts and overdoses as we have now, that would equal... let me do the math... ummm +4, carry the 3 * 20, yup, we'd then have 0 adcicts and 0 overdoses WOW :o