BillyVance

Don Imus at it again

He's gone and done inserted his foot in his mouth again on radio.

Wolf: "Defensive back Adam 'Pacman' Jones, recently signed by the Cowboys. Here's a guy suspended all of 2007 following a shooting in a Vegas night club."

Imus: "Well, stuff happens. You're in a night club, for God's sake. What do you think's gonna happen in a night club? People are drinking and doing drugs, there are women there, and people have guns. So, there, go ahead."

Wolf: "He's also been arrested six times since being drafted by Tennessee in 2005."

Imus: "What color is he?"

Wolf: "He's African-American."

Imus: "Well, there you go. Now we know."

See here: http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/06/23/don-imus-on-adam-jones-what-color-is-he/?icid=200100397x1204683569x1200189284
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

That sounds like him making fun of the stereotype. I've said that same sort of thing to poke fun at people who make such assumptions. But I don't listen to him, and I don't know what context it was in

That's true. I don't think much of this one, but given his prior history, you could say people are going to slam his ass again in this day and age of politically correctedness and hypersensitivity.

Hell, I probably would have said the same thing he did this time if talking with buddies, but not on a radio show.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

That sounds like him making fun of the stereotype. I've said that same sort of thing to poke fun at people who make such assumptions. But I don't listen to him, and I don't know what context it was in

so if someone tells you "So and so was arrested six times" your first question would be "What color is he?".

I think the offense is more in the question (the answer is subject to too many interpretations)

Cheers, T
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true

That's true. I don't think much of this one, but given his prior history, you could say people are going to slam his ass again in this day and age of politically correctedness and hypersensitivity.

Hell, I probably would have said the same thing he did this time if talking with buddies, but not on a radio show.

Prior history my @ss...he's cupcake compared to other shock-jocks out there. He should have told Rev. Sharpton to pound sand, and offer a personal apology to the Rutgers Girls Basketball team, in private...just so the rest of the world would have the door shut in its face over the matter. :S
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

As long as Al Sharpton stays out of it, Imus should be o.k.

That settles it. Imus is fucked.

All in all, I think people need to lighten-up... a bunch! You've got people just laying in wait for someone to say the slightest thing they can jump on. I watch 'Imus in the Morning' and the guy says nothing more than every day people say. Because he's on radio and T.V., you've got people just waiting for him to say anything that could be consstrued and they can pounce on it. His latest statement was sarcasm and reflected what too many people think or even say in everyday life. We need to shit-can political correctness it just keeps everyone on edge. I have a good-good friend who wouldn't miss Imus's show... and he's Black! My friend also has a lot of good sense, too.

Chuck

Also, from reading what was said by Imus and his side-kick, I took it that imus was simply saying that, when you have a mix of liquor, guns and women... it means trouble. I say, leave him be... he's not hurting anyone. I get a kick out of him!
Besides... look who they were talking about! Pac-Man Jones! nuff said...

Chuck

Billy, do you have the trasncripts of what was said prior to those comments. I have not heard the full conversation, nor have I looked into it other than what I heard on the radio this morning, but from my understanding, his comments reflected some of the earlier conversation, that when in context is not that bad.
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

Billy, do you have the trasncripts of what was said prior to those comments. I have not heard the full conversation, nor have I looked into it other than what I heard on the radio this morning, but from my understanding, his comments reflected some of the earlier conversation, that when in context is not that bad.

Nope... don't have the full transcript, but I agree with you, it was not that bad. Like several have said on here, some asswipes just need to harden the fuck up... :D

Now, if Imus had said something along the lines of "well, you have to look at the crowd, or the circle of friends that pacman hangs out with, to understand why he's been arrested 7 times."

I bet there wouldn't be any uproar this time.

Look at Ryan Perriloux, the former QB of LSU. He found himself getting in trouble just by being in the wrong place at the wrong time, and most of the time it was being with the wrong people. He just hung out with some dumb asses. LSU gave him several chances to straighten himself out and he just never did, so they kicked him out.

I personally think Don Imus should be left alone. He is a Shock Jock, saying shocking things is what he does, its what draws his audience. Not saying I agree with him, but hello.. if you think you might be offended by something he *might* say, then its simple, dont listen too him...

I mean seriously this is America right? Whatever happened to the "freedom of speach thing"?