lawrocket

California Supreme Court Holds that Gay Marriage must be Allowed under the California Constitution

>What (or who or anything even remotely realated) determines what
>is right, and what is wrong?

Literally the government in power, via its laws and court system. (And constitution, if it has one.)

>Where does the concept of right and wrong come from?

From our biological drives originally. Since then we've been refining and adapting our "feelings" on things based on what works in practice and what doesn't, and by using our reason to create a logically coherent set of legal principles that guides our legal system.

Would you see morality or religion coming into play here?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Both of those are just rulesets with stories and imaginary consequences put behind them to force the population to believe in them. Then they add a bit of fantasy to them, put out of reach goals behind them as carrot on a stick....and keep people chasing their tails for an eternity. Then when they need to rally the troops they claim people are trying to take the carrot they want so much away from them.

So basically what you are trying to do is find which control system you most want to believe in and hope that its right. So which is the better one? Ideals or fantasy? They both have the same function and want the same result: to get people to do things their way and change their own opinions.

Both of those are just rulesets with stories and imaginary consequences put behind them to force the population to believe in them. Then they add a bit of fantasy to them, put out of reach goals behind them as carrot on a stick....and keep people chasing their tails for an eternity. Then when they need to rally the troops they claim people are trying to take the carrot they want so much away from them.

So basically what you are trying to do is find which control system you most want to believe in and hope that its right.

You do not see this as a bit extreem?
Abraham Lincoln

I see it as reality. Everything is subjective, laws are just a common ruleset passed on by those in control of power. Often those in power are put there because most don't want to have that responsibility. Therefore they will fight to the death to defend what that representative has put into play. Laws, religion and morality only fit a subset of the population and will never encompass everything. Therefore by default they will always be flawed.

edit: I made an edit in the quote you gave as well

I see it as reality.

Ok, thanks. I understand your position but it comes across a very anti-religion.

Not trying to be a smart ass. Just what I seem to see in your post
Abraham Lincoln

I see it as reality.

Ok, thanks. I understand your position but it comes across a very anti-religion.

Not trying to be a smart ass. Just what I seem to see in your post

It's no secret that I no longer practice religion. Most of that comes from how I saw the Catholic Church function from inside when I was looking to be a part of its ruling class (priest). You can say it opened my eyes to many other things as well. It forced me to look at all rulesets and realized they are all the same thing. Religion is just another name for it and made dangerous by attaching a belief system to it.